+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Women’s World Cup.

Women’s World Cup.

Germany join Brazil in going out in the group stages - Germany knocked out by a Morocco side that they beat 6-0.

Re: Women’s World Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Germany join Brazil in going out in the group stages - Germany knocked out by a Morocco side that they beat 6-0.
    That’s some turnaround !
    Don’t think any team in Men’s/Women’s World Cup history has lost a group game 6-0 and still gone through ?

I watched the England game against China in a bar here. I have to say, England looked formidable!
    Their passing and movement was just too much for the Chinese team (who aren't a bad side).

First Team

Ended up wanting the Germans to score after the antics of the Korean team in feigning injuries in added time.

Remarkable how many of the favourites have fallen already and even the normally dominant USA don't look so formidable anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    That’s some turnaround !
    Don’t think any team in Men’s/Women’s World Cup history has lost a group game 6-0 and still gone through ?
    I wasn’t really listening at the time, but I think the BBC confirmed what you say after the game.

The USA haven’t been too convincing yet either, so England will be fancying their chances.

Some big names out. England look in with a chance of winning it.
    They've got Nigeria next, then the winner of Columbia and Jamaica if they win that.

Tailor made for England to win it now you'd say, Japan been the most consistently impressive team so far but don't think they've got the physical profile to beat the US (as shite as they've looked) or the European sides. Norway and Australia will be interesting to watch as they've got two of the best players in the world coming back for the knockouts.

USA out beaten on penalties in a weird shootout after they dominated the 120 minutes. Still not sure the winning penalty crossed the line.

USA out beaten on penalties in a weird shootout after they dominated the 120 minutes. Still not sure the winning penalty crossed the line.
    Hell of a shootout. USA missed the chance to win it at 3-2, Sweden look like they've missed their chance at 4-4 in sudden death but VAR says it crossed the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Hell of a shootout. USA missed the chance to win it at 3-2, Sweden look like they've missed their chance at 4-4 in sudden death but VAR says it crossed the line.
    F22IIcIbQAArUrm.jpg

If you hadn't seen the penalty you'd be thinking why the hell is the goalie in that position for a penalty!!

I've been enjoying the highlights packages on the BBC website. There's been some cracking goals and some great howlers.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    from the VAR below, it doesnt link like its fully crossed the line, though the above one looks like a goal

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    from the VAR below, it doesnt link like its fully crossed the line, though the above one looks like a goal
    I agree, no one likes seeing American teams beaten more than me, but I think they might have been hard done by there in a game that they really should have won on the balance of play.

I agree, no one likes seeing American teams beaten more than me, but I think they might have been hard done by there in a game that they really should have won on the balance of play.
    Tough titty. As you say win or försvinn (disappear) Hope Sweden can go on and win

Thought that penalty award looked soft. Right decision to over-turn?

(England v Nigeria live now)

Oh dear Lauren James.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Oh dear Lauren James.
    I wonder if she’ll get as much stick, if they eventually lose, as Beckham did when England lost to Argentina ?

First Team

England, World Cup, penalties.
    Never in doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    England, World Cup, penalties.
    Never in doubt
    Daylight Robbery, the experience got them through the shoot out, the player James deserved the RED not a nice thing to see in the woman's game, enjoyed it and glad that England won.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Daylight Robbery, the experience got them through the shoot out, the player James deserved the RED not a nice thing to see in the woman's game, enjoyed it and glad that England won.

is it a nice thing to see in the mens game then?

They've got through by the skin of the skin of their teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoose View Post
    is it a nice thing to see in the mens game then?
    What did you think of the game ?

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    What did you think of the game ?
    i thought Nigeria were by far the better in quite a poor match, why?

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoose View Post
    i thought Nigeria were by far the better in quite a poor match, why?
    I'll more than likely watch more ladies football this season than men's football, going back to your previous point, the cheating, foul play and general skulduggery has kind of been accepted in the men's game since day dot, as a watcher of ladies football I've certainly noticed and mentioned that the bad things about men's football, are working their way into the ladies game which i find a little sad, and wish they would not start with the cheating, diving, play acting and thuggery, it's a much nicer game to watch without this crap creeping in.