+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flat Earth

Flat Earth

Do we have any flat earthers on here?

Here's a fascinating debate between a flat earther and David Weiss who I believe is a Professor of Physics.

This is a long watch but I highly recommend it.

https://youtu.be/he-7vs0BkLE

Re: Flat Earth

why would you recommend watching to people debate nonsense?

Q: "is the earth flat?"

A: "no"

the end

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoose View Post
    why would you recommend watching to people debate nonsense?

Q: "is the earth flat?"

A: "no"

the end
    Because it's similar to debates that we see on this messageboard daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Do we have any flat earthers on here?

Here's a fascinating debate between a flat earther and David Weiss who I believe is a Professor of Physics.

This is a long watch but I highly recommend it.

https://youtu.be/he-7vs0BkLE
    I'm guessing that you have been indoctrinated around the heliocentric model ?, let me know why you think that this model is how it is, without any reference to links and videos and then I'll let you know why the heliocentric model is Fake, remember no links.

on the radio this morning there was a mum and daughter that had won a trip on the Richard Branson space travel thing.

I wonder what flat earthers will make of it when more and more people have been to space and seen that it is in face, not flat

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    I'm guessing that you have been indoctrinated around the heliocentric model ?, let me know why you think that this model is how it is, without any reference to links and videos and then I'll let you know why the heliocentric model is Fake, remember no links.
    I'm quite excited to see what you have up your sleeve on this, so I will give you a bite.

Seasons and solar eclipses happen because the earth orbits the sun.

And now it's time

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I'm quite excited to see what you have up your sleeve on this, so I will give you a bite.

And now it's time
    I can understand why people think there could be a firmament and that’s up to them. I do think the moon landing is dubious though.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

And now it's time
    Sorry Lardy, the invitation is for the padowan only but not a bad attempt from you, although quite easily picked apart.

what shape is the moon, and the planets, and the sun?
    are any of them flat as well in this world view or is it just the earth?

lmfao. I knew it, I knew there was a real life flat earther on this forum. You're basically saying 'debate with me but don't use evidence'.

A new low for the right wingers here. Why am I bothering speaking about covid and climate change with people like you when you ignore basic science.

lmfao. I knew it, I knew there was a real life flat earther on this forum. You're basically saying 'debate with me but don't use evidence'.

A new low for the right wingers here. Why am I bothering speaking about covid and climate change with people like you when you ignore basic science.
    You had your chance and bottled it, I'm not surprised though, at no point in this thread have i said I believe the earth is flat, just because you wanted to believe i said it doesn't mean I said it. E.O.T

You had your chance and bottled it, I'm not surprised though, at no point in this thread have i said I believe the earth is flat, just because you wanted to believe i said it doesn't mean I said it. E.O.T
    So is the Earth round. Yes/No?

You also used the term 'heliocentric' and said I had been brainwashed by it, so is the Sun at the centre of our solar system? Yes or no?

Gravity isn't real and I can prove it.

I just decided I don't like you so I'm not going to tell you but I'm right and everyone else is wrong.

Jesus Christ, the state of some on this board it's like primary school with kids who aren't paying attention to the teacher.

When did being different become more important than knowing very basic stuff? People used to be embarrassed about ignorance, now it's "a different opinion".

Maybe I'll start wearing a Wales World Cup Winners 2022 t-shirt and say its my opinion that it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    what shape is the moon, and the planets, and the sun?
    are any of them flat as well in this world view or is it just the earth?
    You believe in the moon?

It’s all holograms mate, catch up.

Also - our whole understanding about how celestial bodies are formed, small anomolies in dust and gas clouds forcing them to fall together due to gravity makes a lot of sense, and can explain a lot of what we see in the universe.

How on earth does one celestial body miraculously form into a flat plate?

So is the Earth round. Yes/No?

You also used the term 'heliocentric' and said I had been brainwashed by it, so is the Sun at the centre of our solar system? Yes or no?
    Still waiting Heathblue.

As a (retired) cartographer I wouldn't even waste my breath in such a debate......

The Flat Earth Society is an ironic joke, lost on a few here. Throughout history there was never any real belief in the concept of a 'flat earth' - sunrises, sunsets, the way a boat would disappear over the horizon. Ancient civilizations even calculated the earth's circumference to within 3%. It's a joke.

I'd love to know where you're going with this? please humour us. .

I do enjoy hearing about these strange theories even if I don't believe them, it's good to have your world view challenged in interesting ways

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    The Flat Earth Society is an ironic joke, lost on a few here. Throughout history there was never any real belief in the concept of a 'flat earth' - sunrises, sunsets, the way a boat would disappear over the horizon. Ancient civilizations even calculated the earth's circumference to within 3%. It's a joke.
    I have just finished Jim Al-Khalili's book Pathfinders on the golden age of Arab science - but it also covered the earlier achievements of the Greeks, Egyptians, Sumerians etc. There were pretty accurate estimates of the earth's circumference almost 5,000 years ago. A lot of history books claimed Aristotle (384-322 BCE) was the first - but he was late to the party!

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    No it isn't. It started off as a joke but a surprising amount of plebs genuinely started believing it, just like Qanon.

Take a look at the Youtube video I posted or the flat earth documentary on Netflix where it takes a look at whole communities who believe this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behind_the_Curve.

It looks like there is a flat earther in this very own thread, can't help but notice he's avoiding this thread now.

No it isn't. It started off as a joke but a surprising amount of plebs genuinely started believing it, just like Qanon.

Take a look at the Youtube video I posted or the flat earth documentary on Netflix where it takes a look at whole communities who believe this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behind_the_Curve.

It looks like there is a flat earther in this very own thread, can't help but notice he's avoiding this thread now.
    Hijacking this thread a bit , if the poster believes in what he’s posted , what’s the big deal , no need to be snide about it and belittle it. Surprised by your response as normally you’re fairly open to constructive discussion

I kind of think that the extreme left doesn't understand the concept of Qanon,

1.) There is no such entity as QAnon
    2,) You have Q, (no idea who/what this is ) but the particular community 100& believe that Q+ is Trump (I do not, for the record)
    3.) And then you have the Anons (hence Qanon)
    4.) IMO it is 100% a pysop, again, unsure if its left or the right behind the pysop but I believe that the person/organisation
    who runs the pysop is/are very well connected.
    5.) IMO it is just another deliberate distraction to divide the people, similar to MAGA, BLM, DIVERSITY stuff, gender stuff, the migrant situation. all these things IMO just didn't happen naturally and have been orchestrated by organisations far more powerful than government's (deep states, cabals, whatever you want to call them it doesn't matter) just look at this weeks 30p Lee and his disgusting comments then the response from Abbot, she had no reason to say anything, 30p was rightfully vilified but as soon as Abbot opened her gob, the opportunity for the money shot on 30p was lost, does any one really think that this panned out naturally ? all that happened was another, we are better than you and its your fault, just as intended, at the current time I'm far more concerned at how the Ukraine situation is being ramped up whilst the distractions continue, don't think these bastards will never take us to Nuclear war. One of Q's earlier predictions was that there would be a scare event before all this world uncertainty unravels, with the recent interest and soft disclosure of UFO activity, maybe it will be the fake alien invasion (project Bluebeam)
    and not a Nuclear standoff that fulfils the scare event, with the the US elections at the end of the year/2024 and the grifter in chief still miles ahead in their polls, IMO its going to be a very rocky road ahead and too difficult to call.