+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cost Living / Inflation

Cost Living / Inflation

On holiday same place every year x 2 can’t think how tough it must be for the folk locally prices on everything off the wall and they don't get the same support as we do.or buying power . Strangely struggling for staff ? Or perhaps can't afford to pay for extra staff .

I'd say it's cheaper to drink and wat in UK .

Supermarkets like Lidl /Aldi prices way higher than ours except for wine .

Re: Cost Living / Inflation

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    On holiday same place every year x 2 can’t think how tough it must be for the folk locally prices on everything off the wall and they don't get the same support as we do.or buying power . Strangely struggling for staff ? Or perhaps can't afford to pay for extra staff .

I'd say it's cheaper to drink and wat in UK .

Supermarkets like Lidl /Aldi prices way higher than ours except for wine .

What’s “WAT” ?

International

Eat I guess, what Country is he on about?

International

On the pus side you can now get 6.06% on 1 year savings bond.
    5.8% per year over years

Cash ISA rates fairly decent too

https://www.money.co.uk/savings-accounts

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    On the PUS side you can now get 6.06% on 1 year savings bond.
    5.8% per year over years

Horrible stuff !

International

couldn't reply with your thread as the board id dying again!

couldn't reply with your thread as the board id dying again!

The boards spelling is getting worse as well !

International

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    The boards spelling is getting worse as well !
    Aye!

Usual bullshit from the Btec Nigel Farage

Ive just come back from Majorca - the posh part too ie Portals Nous - and you can buy cans of 33cl lager - all the top brands - for 65-85 euro cents. Cheaper than you can buy a can of coke.

Large Bocadillos from the supermarkets with chorizo or serrano ham, cheese, tomato - 2 euros (about £1.80) You can get a cornbeef slice from Greggs for that price. You go to any of these small supermarkets that do fresh baguettes and you are paying double that.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Ive just come back from Majorca - the posh part too ie Portals Nous - and you can buy cans of 33cl lager - all the top brands - for 65-85 euro cents. Cheaper than you can buy a can of coke.

Large Bocadillos from the supermarkets with chorizo or serrano ham, cheese, tomato - 2 euros (about £1.80) You can get a cornbeef slice from Greggs for that price. You go to any of these small supermarkets that do fresh baguettes and you are paying double that.
    Same in the canaries. Some sort of local beer which wasn't all that bad 50 cents. Heineken/Estrella about 70-80. Cartons of wine for 2 euros, and no they weren't that bad!

On the pus side you can now get 6.06% on 1 year savings bond.
    5.8% per year over years

It's enough to make one weep.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Btec Farage I haven't long come back from Majorca Sa Coma (The poor side ) and i echo your sentiments. The Aldi there (Cala Millor) was as cheap or cheaper than in the UK (And we're in a resort) The Spar shops are a ****ing gold mine over there, nice coffee, cheap booze, and lighters with naked women on them. All reasonably priced. LOM is a lickspittle Tory arsehole.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Btec Farage I haven't long come back from Majorca Sa Coma (The poor side ) and i echo your sentiments. The Aldi there (Cala Millor) was as cheap or cheaper than in the UK (And we're in a resort) The Spar shops are a ****ing gold mine over there, nice coffee, cheap booze, and lighters with naked women on them. All reasonably priced. LOM is a lickspittle Tory arsehole.
    Can you still get the pens that you turn upside down to reveal a treat? :)

I am guilty of going to resorts that can be pricey , and not drinking canned beer, like to eating out just struck how much the prices were post Covid .

A decent Tapas meal with a wine , water for 3 your looking at paying between 54 to 60 euros.

Beer is on average is , 4. 4.50 euros .

Yed the tired local bars tucked around the corners are cheaper at 3.50 euros a pint , run by a single person.

Supermarket goods I was refering too was your washing stuff and coffee , they are a good 30 to 40p dearer sometimes more.

I am guilty of going to resorts that can be pricey , and not drinking canned beer, like to eating out just struck how much the prices were post Covid .

A decent Tapas meal with a wine , water for 3 your looking at paying between 54 to 60 euros.

Yed the tired local bars tucked around the corners are cheaper at 3.50 euros a pint , run by a single person.

Supermarket goods I was refering too was your washing stuff and coffee , they are a good 30 to 40p dearer sometimes more.
    So your Fairy & Daz smuggling days are over then.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Can you still get the pens that you turn upside down to reveal a treat? :)
    I loved those pens

What do you expect when you're in a resort-Who the **** is buying Daz on holiday?

What do you expect when you're in a resort-Who the **** is buying Daz on holiday?
    I’d be concerned about the Omo on Lesbos!

If you didn't know better you'd almost think he has an agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’d be concerned about the Omo on Lesbos!
    One Man Operator? On Lesbos?

Body washing is essential these days

Body washing is essential these days
    You use Daz for body washing?

I start to understand your posting history.....

Made up of: 5-15% Anionic Surfactants, <5% Non-Ionic Surfactants, Phosphonates, Polycarboxylates, Zeolites, Enzymes, Optical Brighteners, Perfumes, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene.

'Causes serious irritations'. So true.... So true....

In the married quarters in Aldershot in the late 70s a box of OMO in the window was Old Man Out or On My Own.

Quote Originally Posted by celever View Post
    In the married quarters in Aldershot in the late 70s a box of OMO in the window was Old Man Out or On My Own.
    I seem to remember Steptoe having a box in the kitchen window when he was having a soak in the sink :)

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    You use Daz for body washing?

I start to understand your posting history.....

Made up of: 5-15% Anionic Surfactants, <5% Non-Ionic Surfactants, Phosphonates, Polycarboxylates, Zeolites, Enzymes, Optical Brighteners, Perfumes, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene.

'Causes serious irritations'. So true.... So true....