+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Wintle new contract

Ryan Wintle new contract

Re: Ryan Wintle new contract

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    My VPN isn't working, so I cannot view Twitter..Three year extension on his contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    My VPN isn't working, so I cannot view Twitter..Three year extension on his contract?
    New 3 year contract taking him up to summer 2026 (there was one year left on his previous contract)

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    New 3 year contract taking him up to summer 2026 (there was one year left on his previous contract)
    I feel it's a great contract for him, not so much for us. He's been okay in my opinion, but nothing more.

Wonderful news .

Cracking player .

Deserve contract .

He has intelligent movement when off the ball which is not always picked up on TV .

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I feel it's a great contract for him, not so much for us. He's been okay in my opinion, but nothing more.
    Spot on. Has not done enough to warrant a 3 year extension. Too slow, needs too long on the ball.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Wonderful news .

Cracking player .

Deserve contract .

He has intelligent movement when off the ball which is not always picked up on TV .
    He reminds me a bit of some of the late 70's/early 80's midfielders Campbell, Livermore and Ronson.

A better version of Mark Bonner.

More importantly he's proven at this level, is young and British and therefore has transfer value - unlike much of our squad.

That is why Ng, McGuinness and Colwill should also have their contracts extended. The rest can wait until the end of the season.

Has to be good news. Ng and McGuinness next hopefully.

I didn't say anything when this deal was announced as I knew I'd have only got stick from the usual suspects for being negative before the season had started, but I just cannot see why anyone gets enthusiastic about Ryan Wintle. As far as I'm concerned, he's limited at best by Championship standards. And I think that's being kind. City need much better than him in the centre of the field if the team is going to progress.

He's gone backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    He's gone backwards.
    Or sideways.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I didn't say anything when this deal was announced as I knew I'd have only got stick from the usual suspects for being negative before the season had started, but I just cannot see why anyone gets enthusiastic about Ryan Wintle. As far as I'm concerned, he's limited at best by Championship standards. And I think that's being kind. City need much better than him in the centre of the field if the team is going to progress.
    Agreed it shows how low our standards have dropped that we consider him a half decent player.

So long as the club and supporters think we should be securing the likes of Wintle until 2026, we ain't going anywhere. Same with Ng. We're in a rut and it needs a major overhaul of the squad before we can even think of mid-table..

Agreed, baffles me when some (not necesarily on here) say he's a Premier League standard player. For a ball playing midfielder his range of passing his poor, his vision is limited and he isn't brave in possession

In his time as a regular we've finished 18th and 21st, not that it's all his fault, but it tells you something. The same goes for Ng. I think it may be the case that they looked good playing alongside the dross brought in last season, but their limitations are showed up when playing alongside better players (Ramsey obviously, but Bowler too). Bowler was screaming for the ball off Ng on several occasions only for him to take about 6 touches, delay our attack and waste an opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Crikey, maybe that’s why then, the old new three year contract syndrome. Let’s hope not.

Him and Ng are not playing well so far this season for whatever reason

They are both decent Championship players and more than good enough for a lower half Championship club.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Him and Ng are not playing well so far this season for whatever reason

They are both decent Championship players and more than good enough for a lower half Championship club.
    Are they our expectations this year? I'm sure many of the 15,000 season ticket holders were expecting more than that

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Are they our expectations this year? I'm sure many of the 15,000 season ticket holders were expecting more than that
    I have no idea why. We were lucky not to be relegated last season and lost 3 of our better players and are under an embargo. It was always going to be a struggle.

Ramsey cant do it all by himself.

I tend to agree but in his midfield defensive role he is far more consistent than Ralls, yet there are quite a few posters that worship Ralls ?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I tend to agree but in his midfield defensive role he is far more consistent than Ralls, yet there are quite a few posters that worship Ralls ?
    I think worship is OTT but bar Ramsey hes our best midfielder and if we stay up him staying fit is key.

Injuries and the Championship are definitely catching up on him though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I think worship is OTT but bar Ramsey hes our best midfielder and if we stay up him staying fit is key.

Injuries and the Championship are definitely catching up on him though.
    Ralls is a workhorse and a player that every club needs

Gavin Rae did the distance and covering to allow witts time to shine

Ralls has a few seasons at this level yet and we miss him when he's not on the pitch

Ramsey needs a player like ralls backing him up

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Ralls has a few seasons at this level yet and we miss him when he's not on the pitch

Ramsey needs a player who can play off him. Problem we're going to have is that Ramsey is going to expect the players around him to show the awareness and thought needed for him to get his passes off. If and when it doesn't happen then ramsey probably has to hold onto the ball half a second longer than he wants, and the pass going to waste, or intercepted. I'm not making a comparison between the players, but i watched a fair bit of the Inter Miami game against Charlotte. Messi played at least 4 or 5 balls that were cut out or made to look poor because his team mates just couldn't read them. At Barca, that wouldn't have been a problem. It's going to be the same with Ramsey. A top level Premier league player (In thought and Intelligence) knocking about with poor to average championship players.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Ramsey needs a player who can play off him. Problem we're going to have is that Ramsey is going to expect the players around him to show the awareness and thought needed for him to get his passes off. If and when it doesn't happen then ramsey probably has to hold onto the ball half a second longer than he wants, and the pass going to waste, or intercepted. I'm not making a comparison between the players, but i watched a fair bit of the Inter Miami game against Charlotte. Messi played at least 4 or 5 balls that were cut out or made to look poor because his team mates just couldn't read them. At Barca, that wouldn't have been a problem. It's going to be the same with Ramsey. A top level Premier league player (In thought and Intelligence) knocking about with poor to average championship players.
    I wish we had some average championship centre mids

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Not quite accurate about Gavin Rae. His usual centre midfield partner was Stephen McPhail while Whitts was on the flank/had a free role. McPhail always had a grafter alongside him (Scimeca, Olofinjana), not that McPhail wasn't afraid to tackle.