+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 20 MPH zones to cost Welsh economy £4.6bn

Re: 20 MPH zones to cost Welsh economy £4.6bn

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Drakeford has spunked £900,000,000 over his budget - obviously not run a business before... and now trying to blame anyone else but himself for it.

Add on top this figure (even if it's not 100% accurate) then Wales as a nation and economy - is f uck'd

With this dipstick and his merry (non binary) men and women running the show then no wonder businesses in Wales are struggling
    literally two posts earlier you slagged them off for underspending on their budget

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    literally two posts earlier you slagged them off for underspending on their budget
    Yes - Incompetent last year - he under spent - as he didnt know he had it to spend. And this year he has spunked £900,000,000 more than he should have.

Most businesses try and stick to their budget give or take few percent. If he was in the private sector (god forbid) he would have been sacked by - along with his 'cabinet' of feck wits

Yes - Incompetent last year - he under spent - as he didnt know he had it to spend. And this year he has spunked £900,000,000 more than he should have.

Most businesses try and stick to their budget give or take few percent. If he was in the private sector (god forbid) he would have been sacked by - along with his 'cabinet' of feck wits
    You're obsessed Hip! Get the missus.to help the Senydd out: she's got oodles of spare coin!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    You're obsessed Hip! Get the missus.to help the Senydd out: she's got oodles of spare coin!
    You really need to get a grip of yourself pal... do you have any idea of the @rsehole you let yourself become?

You really need to get a grip of yourself pal... do you have any idea of the @rsehole you let yourself become?
    No none whatsoever as it happens Hip. Don't fret two bit chancers like you will always survive.

If you’re going to compare it to a private sector business then spending under budget is good. You can’t have it both ways

Drakeford said in a podcast today that "There will be a measurable reduction in number of children killed in Wales as a result of this policy (20mph)".

Number of under 18 year old pedestrians killed on Welsh roads in 2022 - 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Drakeford said in a podcast today that "There will be a measurable reduction in number of children killed in Wales as a result of this policy (20mph)".

Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Classic.
    All the arguments are filled with rhetoric, nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Classic.
    Clearly he's hoping some children will be resurrected. Might be some big news on the way come Easter.

is that right?

the numbers I've seen for 16-24 years old was definitely not zero

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    is that right?

the numbers I've seen for 16-24 years old was definitely not zero
    Go to statswales. I can't remember how I found it but there are stats for all road accidents in 2022, casualties etc. You can filter the results. 19 pedestrians were killed in Wales in 2022. None were killed on A roads with 30mph speed limits. 9 were killed on motorways and dual carriageways. No-one classed as a pedestrian wasq killed on Welsh roads under the age of 18 in 2022.

That is a classic - nearly on a par with the old Welsh Health secretary who down down his own legislation (twice) by pressing the wrong button - Dr Gibbons then tried to blame on the fact he was left handed - rather than being an idiot

That is a classic - nearly on a par with the old Welsh Health secretary who down down his own legislation (twice) by pressing the wrong button - Dr Gibbons then tried to blame on the fact he was left handed - rather than being an idiot
    And yet people worship the guy.(Dripfraud)

In case others haven't seen it, here is the Government's own analysis of the costs and benefits of the project - and the source of the £4.6bn figure.

https://senedd.wales/media/fo3ibze5/...15187-em-e.pdf

Quite an interesting read, and as was highlighted further up in this thread, a lot depends on how very small difference in journey times are assessed.

What price saving lives?
    How many would that be in 30 mph zones then? I really doubt many…..most happen in the faster rds or countryside.

Quel surprise….more money wasted by the buffoon, hero to some for some odd reason

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    How many would that be in 30 mph zones then? I really doubt many…..most happen in the faster rds or countryside.
    It will no doubt surprise you but people can and do get killed in collisions with vehicles driven at 30mph or below. As I say who could possibly winge at the cost of road safety?

It will no doubt surprise you but people can and do get killed in collisions with vehicles driven at 30mph or below. As I say who could possibly winge at the cost of road safety?
    Barely any looking at the stats….I’m all for safe driving and have two young kids and no speeding points, but ridiculous to waste so much money on something that barely changes anything….people will drive slow where they know a new camera is, but that’s about it. You can’t drive that fast in cardiff anyway now there is too much traffic and too many lights.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Barely any looking at the stats….I’m all for safe driving and have two young kids and no speeding points, but ridiculous to waste so much money on something that barely changes anything….people will drive slow where they know a new camera is, but that’s about it. You can’t drive that fast in cardiff anyway now there is too much traffic and too many lights.
    How do you know it won't change anything?

Go to statswales. I can't remember how I found it but there are stats for all road accidents in 2022, casualties etc. You can filter the results. 19 pedestrians were killed in Wales in 2022. None were killed on A roads with 30mph speed limits. 9 were killed on motorways and dual carriageways. No-one classed as a pedestrian wasq killed on Welsh roads under the age of 18 in 2022.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...UMTc296MCFc8U1

here's some interesting information, has KSI information for all age groups.

Driving through Heath today , I was grateful of having cruise control in order to keep at 20 mph.

I may be wrong but cars without it may actually cause one or two accidents, concentrating on their speedometer.

I’m sure loads with get fined, if there is a mandatory points deduction as well , then insurance premiums are going to increase, resulting in more financial hardship.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Driving through Heath today , I was grateful of having cruise control in order to keep at 20 mph.

I may be wrong but cars without it may actually cause one or two accidents, concentrating on their speedometer.

I’m sure loads with get fined, if there is a mandatory points deduction as well , then insurance premiums are going to increase, resulting in more financial hardship.
    If loads keep on getting points there'll be less cars on the road so we'll all be a lot safer.

If loads keep on getting points there'll be less cars on the road so we'll all be a lot safer.
    The impact of safety has already been proven as negligible, looking at the data presented in this thread.

Even the police are suggesting that Wales' 20mph limit will slow police response.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-66501620

Whats Arty s thoughts today.

https://www-walesonline-co-uk.cdn.am...limit-27480524

Last I saw he was in one of his mad rages.