+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rummer Tavern

Re: Rummer Tavern

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    They’ll need a few more weeks to complete what they need to do

https://www.facebook.com/rummertaverncardiff

https://www.facebook.com/RiversideXWFF
    any chance you or someone could copy and paste update from face book ? haven't got an account

will it be ready for the sheff wednesday fixture on Aug 26'th for example ?

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    any chance you or someone could copy and paste update from face book ? haven't got an account

will it be ready for the sheff wednesday fixture on Aug 26'th for example ?
    They opened partially last weekend. Fully from Thursday 10th. They have some projects in the pipeline subject to contracts which could be in place fairly soon.

AABC0916-F7CF-435F-8B55-07F7914B240F.jpg

They opened partially last weekend. Fully from Thursday 10th. They have some projects in the pipeline subject to contracts which could be in place fairly soon.

AABC0916-F7CF-435F-8B55-07F7914B240F.jpg
    thanks

i guess they opened until Saturday to cash in on the rugby when i was in there and the Tom Jones concert !

will pop in for the sheffield game now

My everlasting memory of the Rummer Tavern was in the late 80’s.
    I met a girl in there on a first date. After a while she visited the ladies. On her way back to our table, her bag which she had over her shoulder, got caught on a post, pulling her blouse to one side, resulting in the exposure of her right breast.
    Very nice viewing indeed. Nipplie like a fighter pilots thumb 👍

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    My everlasting memory of the Rummer Tavern was in the late 80’s.
    I met a girl in there on a first date. After a while she visited the ladies. On her way back to our table, her bag which she had over her shoulder, got caught on a post, pulling her blouse to one side, resulting in the exposure of her right breast.
    Very nice viewing indeed. Nipplie like a fighter pilots thumb ��
    Did you get to see the other nipplie, or was that just your pet name for the right one?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    £3.50 in the Canton

Over £4.00 most pubs
    the last pint i bought in Cardiff was 87 new pence... clubs a joke ffs

Was in the Rummer in the city center last night and noticed a number of city shirts on display but found out the place is now under new management and the owner is turning the place into a Cardiff city theme pub

They are revamping the place this week to be painted blue and white with Cardiff city memorabilia to be put on the walls etc

just a heads up for those who drink in the city maybe pop along and support .
    Fond memories of the Rummer going back to the long hot summer of '76. Started drinking regularly there as a 17 year old with Breaker on tap. Loved that stuff as a teenager. Can you still buy it, not think I've seen in for many a long year? Plus on top of the Breaker the pub had a damn good rock music juke box. What was there not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Fond memories of the Rummer going back to the long hot summer of '76. Started drinking regularly there as a 17 year old with Breaker on tap. Loved that stuff as a teenager. Can you still buy it, not think I've seen in for many a long year? Plus on top of the Breaker the pub had a damn good rock music juke box. What was there not to like?
    would have you down as a regular in the casa gil with the punks/skins of the time circa 76 !

pretty sure breaker on tap is a non event these days

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Did you get to see the other nipplie, or was that just your pet name for the right one?
    Posting on an i phone has its downside. Should double check it 😁😁

What beers do they have on tap there?

would have you down as a regular in the casa gil with the punks/skins of the time circa 76 !

pretty sure breaker on tap is a non event these days
    Nah, never a punk or a skin, more of a long haired rocker type.

I don't think I've even seen Breaker for sale in a supermarket in cans these days

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Tony Speroni’s chip shop, Countisbury Avenue, City photos everywhere, Tony & Sue massive City fans.
    They used to sit next to me in the Grandstand. On my first visit to their chippie, I recognised them straight away from the pictures and made myself known. Incidentally, the fish there is superb.

That's how i imagine Bluetit's front room to look like.

looks a bit to posh for me but as long as the beer taste good that's all that matters !

My lasting memory of the Rummer was my mate getting as far as the front door with the condom machine under his arm. He'd somehow gotten it off the wall, carried it upstairs and out the front door only for the doormen to stop him in his tracks.
    He never went back.

Called in The Rummer before the QPR game, £4 a pint Barmaid struggling to pull it, she must have wasted about three pints trying to top it up, despite me telling her to leave it settle. No Sky channel for dinner time match, I think it had Fiorentina v Inter on the telly. Worst of all was some commercial radio channel blaring out, Harry Redknapp extolling the virtues of some betting site and Trade Centre Wales assaulting our eardrums. Will be giving it a swerve unless we hear of improvement.

Was in the Rummer in the city center last night and noticed a number of city shirts on display but found out the place is now under new management and the owner is turning the place into a Cardiff city theme pub

They are revamping the place this week to be painted blue and white with Cardiff city memorabilia to be put on the walls etc

just a heads up for those who drink in the city maybe pop along and support .
    Seems there some issues. New landlady in the pub removing all the Cardiff stuff after the previous incumbents have done a Rummer (runner) owing a bunch of money (Facebook rumour)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Seems there some issues. New landlady in the pub removing all the Cardiff stuff after the previous incumbents have done a Rummer (runner) owing a bunch of money (Facebook rumour)
    Biggie or Tupac, Mike?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Biggie or Tupac, Mike?
    Don't think I've ever heard a tune by either of them

Don't think I've ever heard a tune by either of them
    That makes two of us. Load of (c)rap.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If you don't know, now you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    That's hugely dismissive Eric, unless you're joking. I believe you're a Musician as well, and of some repute. I'd expect that answer from others, but not you

This Biggie/Tupac thread is getting Rummer & Rummer.

Apparently it's not the interim landlady who's taken the City stuff down, it was the 'previous incumbent'. He locked up one night and disappeared with it all. Delivery men were turning up to find no one there, the pub was shut for a week. Some City fans are asking for their memorabilia back but the landlady has no idea where it is. Not sure how reliable that info is but it sounds like an episode of Crimewatch worth watching.