+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Does every club feel they concede more late goals than everyone else?

Does every club feel they concede more late goals than everyone else?

With huge injury time this season (15 minutes a half won't be uncommon judging by the first weekend) I wonder which teams this will benefit.

Taking aside today as we'd all have taken a spirited defeat never mind an actual point but seems city fans seem to think late goals always happen against us. It does feel like that certainly but surely every team feels the same? Surely no clubs would feel they score more than they concede late on? Or is it a city issue?

Re: Does every club feel they concede more late goals than everyone else?

I doubt it's just us, but when late goals are conceded that change the result, they stick in the mind more than most.
    What I think we do do, is concede in minutes 46-50 more than the vast majority of teams.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I doubt it's just us, but when late goals are conceded that change the result, they stick in the mind more than most.
    What I think we do do, is concede in minutes 46-50 more than the vast majority of teams.
    I can't provide stats for that but I can do the next best thing. According to soccerstats, in 2022/23 we conceded 4 goals between 41-50 minutes. Only 2 sides conceded fewer in the Championship.

Last season, 10 sides conceded more goals in the last 10 minutes than us.

To be 2-0 up against Leeds twice this year and have them equalise deep in injury time in both games is a right bummer. Not as bad as Swansea’s 97th winner against us though.