+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I predict eighth place, and I will accept all your apologies for your poor predictions!

I predict eighth place, and I will accept all your apologies for your poor predictions!

Good Monday. And indeed, it is a good Monday!

In the red corner, our opposition, Leeds United. What is likely to be one of the toughest squads to compete against in the division, a very technical coach in Daniel Farke who has won the Championship twice on both attempts, and a slew of parachute money to augment their squad as they desire, this was always going to be a first tough test.

In the blue corner, our beloved Cardiff City. An unknown coach. A squad with new arrivals who barely know each other. Questionable signings, anonymous signings, a few unproven players, a few players who had lost their way, those returning from injury and rusty, and a few with serious injury records, this was a real rag bag, cobbled together against the clock.

My personal view was that perhaps we would go down to a narrow defeat with a knightly performance. That we scrabbled a draw, made it count when we had the ball, and showed a great spirit bodes well. But I think like any gambler, or serious speculator, it is most satisfying when your predictions come true.

My predictions - beautiful
    1. I predicted that Meite would be a squad player against the consensus, and on the basis of Bulut's starting eleven that was accurate. He may nick Karlan Grant's place occasionally, but he will fighting for that slot. It will not be given to him. He will need to find fitness, form and confidence before that happens and he will need to earn it.

2. I predicted that Ike Ugbo would be one of the better signings on RJK's thread, and that he had the pace and recent scoring ratios, plus an education at the Chelsea academy to be a good surprise. Many wouldn't give him a sniff and questioned whether he should be here at all. 1 game: 1 assist and a goal. A great start, but of course the full season will prove or disprove. The YouTube videos showed his repertoire - he scores with his left, right, his head, and makes clever runs with electric pace. I stick my neck out - more, and quite a few goals will come from this lad. Quick, a dangerous finisher - all he needs is good service. With Rambo, Colwill, Bowler, O'Dowda and Robinson providing the ammo he is going to get all the service he needs.

3. Dimitrious Goutas. I predicted that this boy will be a good and a stout leader. He has landed in this first 11 as good as he could have. He will be a crowd favourite and a leader, and I really like him. That has come good.

All apologies accepted at the end of the season gents. But naturally, being an exceptionally humble man that does not wish to inflict severe embarrassment on my fellow bluebirds, I shall not demand those apologies nor ask you to beg for forgiveness. We shall celebrate and joust together as the season unfolds, like the good men we are.

I predict 8th for final place - this will be a good decent season for us, but just failing at the playoffs. There we have it. We move forward.

Re: I predict eighth place, and I will accept all your apologies for your poor predictions!

16th

Re: I predict eighth place, and I will accept all your apologies for your poor predictions!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    16th
    I think I shall probably change my predictions week by week.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post

In the red corner, our opposition, Leeds United. What is likely to be one of the toughest squads to compete against in the division, a very technical coach in Daniel Farke who has won the Championship twice on both attempts, and a slew of parachute money to augment their squad as they desire, this was always going to be a first tough test.

In the blue corner, our beloved Cardiff City. An unknown coach. A squad with new arrivals who barely know each other. Questionable signings, anonymous signings, a few unproven players, a few players who had lost their way, those returning from injury and rusty, and a few with serious injury records, this was a real rag bag, cobbled together against the clock.

My personal view was that perhaps we would go down to a narrow defeat with a knightly performance. That we scrabbled a draw, made it count when we had the ball, and showed a great spirit bodes well. But I think like any gambler, or serious speculator, it is most satisfying when your predictions come true.

1. I predicted that Meite would be a squad player against the consensus, and on the basis of Bulut's starting eleven that was accurate. He may nick Karlan Grant's place occasionally, but he will fighting for that slot. It will not be given to him. He will need to find fitness, form and confidence before that happens and he will need to earn it.

2. I predicted that Ike Ugbo would be one of the better signings on RJK's thread, and that he had the pace and recent scoring ratios, plus an education at the Chelsea academy to be a good surprise. Many wouldn't give him a sniff and questioned whether he should be here at all. 1 game: 1 assist and a goal. A great start, but of course the full season will prove or disprove. The YouTube videos showed his repertoire - he scores with his left, right, his head, and makes clever runs with electric pace. I stick my neck out - more, and quite a few goals will come from this lad. Quick, a dangerous finisher - all he needs is good service. With Rambo, Colwill, Bowler, O'Dowda and Robinson providing the ammo he is going to get all the service he needs.

3. Dimitrious Goutas. I predicted that this boy will be a good and a stout leader. He has landed in this first 11 as good as he could have. He will be a crowd favourite and a leader, and I really like him. That has come good.

All apologies accepted at the end of the season gents. But naturally, being an exceptionally humble man that does not wish to inflict severe embarrassment on my fellow bluebirds, I shall not demand those apologies nor ask you to beg for forgiveness. We shall celebrate and joust together as the season unfolds, like the good men we are.

I predict 8th for final place - this will be a good decent season for us, but just failing at the playoffs. There we have it. We move forward.
    Not a bad first eleven but no strength in depth injuries will hurt us badly 15th to 20th.

Ugbo has had one good game let's judge him after a month at least, Bowler did very well as did McGuiness.

I reckon there are 16 teams who are better then us, most by a distance. However good you think we are, we compete with 23 other clubs, and are firmly in the lower bracket IMHO.

You must be mental.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Not a bad first eleven but no strength in depth injuries will hurt us badly 15th to 20th.

Ugbo has had one good game let's judge him after a month at least, Bowler did very well as did McGuiness.
    It's funny isn't it that people are saying yeah he has had one good game let's judge after a while but time and time again people write off our signings without having seem them play at all

BTW not having a dig at you just a general observation

International

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    It's funny isn't it that people are saying yeah he has had one good game let's judge after a while but time and time again people write off our signings without having seem them play at all

BTW not having a dig at you just a general observation
    Yes true it works both ways, he may be decent, but time will tell, overall the new boys did well yesterday except for maybe Grant, but he may shine next game

International

If we keep our heads and do better than half way by Christmas then in January we may get a boost or two to help us kick on? Other than that is will just be about survival.

Mid table for me. 12th
    That won't please Tan and Bulit will be given the bullet before the end of season.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Mid table for me. 12th
    That won't please Tan and Bulit will be given the bullet before the end of season.
    Bulit......the Risdale/Boothroyd curse has hit

I'd be happy with 8th place, and I get your reasoning. Onwards and upwards!

Can we freeze this now please, so I can claim my prize for being so bloody close? We don't need to play all the other games really, do we?

https://www.skysports.com/championship-table

International

Good predictions fair play credit where it's due

We have a good squad with just a few weak spots, injures in those areas could hamper our progress a bit, but fingers crossed if we re lucky with the injuries it looks like a good season to come.

Top 6 finish

If Kiefar moore comes in Jan then my prediction is the play offs (6th)

Nearer mid table which will be a decent achievement given our recent history and transfer embargo

International

Good predictions fair play credit where it's due

We have a good squad with just a few weak spots, injures in those areas could hamper our progress a bit, but fingers crossed if we re lucky with the injuries it looks like a good season to come.
    I as saying! FFS Ramsey is a blow!

I think we will get 2 points from the next 6 matches. i hope i'm wrong but looking at the fixtures , that's my prediction.

I think the manager is doing a much better job than we're used to. But with all due respect, he and our squad have their limitations. As does everyone I suppose. I think we'll finish lower mid-table. I don't expect us to do much business in January, but I'm optimistic about next season.

Posted in September 2023. Interesting to see the range of opinions

International

I as saying! FFS Ramsey is a blow!
    Knocked us back for a while, but we've done well to be in and around top 10