+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: South Wales Argus Asks If 50MPH Has Or Will Make A Difference

South Wales Argus Asks If 50MPH Has Or Will Make A Difference

Re: South Wales Argus Asks If 50MPH Has Or Will Make A Difference

If there has been an improvement in air quality then the increased usage of electric vehicles has probably been a bigger contributor.
    I wonder if, in years to come when there's very few polluting vehicles on the road, the limit will be put back up to 70? Similar with the new ULEZ zone in London, in a few years time when there won't be many vehicles on the road that pay, the scheme will make a loss - I wonder if that'll be scrapped aswell?

Re: South Wales Argus Asks If 50MPH Has Or Will Make A Difference

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    If there has been an improvement in air quality then the increased usage of electric vehicles has probably been a bigger contributor.
    I wonder if, in years to come when there's very few polluting vehicles on the road, the limit will be put back up to 70? Similar with the new ULEZ zone in London, in a few years time when there won't be many vehicles on the road that pay, the scheme will make a loss - I wonder if that'll be scrapped aswell?
    Cardiff council traffic changes has made air pollution worse, with a combination of speed and traffic restrictions.