Re: Covid vaccines in Wales: Only over-65s offered booster

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Following the lead of England?

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...hs-this-winter

government needs money to buy gravy!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Glad I didn’t have any TBH, difficult at the time though with the pressure ( of the wife wanting her holidays ) , but I’ll always stick to my instincts.

Cats's getting Covid medication in Cyprus. Is Feline Covid the latest mutation?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ti-covid-pills

As an aside, my aunt has been in the Heath for 4 months after a stroke/fall and has been on 3 wards in that time. All have had Covid. She had it once - but didn't know until told she had tested positive. There is barely a flicker of concern from staff, even for very elderly and frail patients. PEP and masks are purely optional. A few people still get very ill and die, but it really does feel as if Covid has mutated away from the killer of 2020 and 2021. Long Covid is a different matter though - not well understood but causing serious health problems for hundreds of thousands in the UK alone.

As an aside, my aunt has been in the Heath for 4 months after a stroke/fall and has been on 3 wards in that time. All have had Covid. She had it once - but didn't know until told she had tested positive. There is barely a flicker of concern from staff, even for very elderly and frail patients. PEP and masks are purely optional. A few people still get very ill and die, but it really does feel as if Covid has mutated away from the killer of 2020 and 2021. Long Covid is a different matter though - not well understood but causing serious health problems for hundreds of thousands in the UK alone.
    Cat flu perhaps?

Long Covid has been grouped into the more common yuppy flu (which has the same symptoms) and has been around for years. Viral fatigue is very common.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/chroni...-syndrome-cfs/

If you need to have a test to establish if you have it suggests it’s not that serious for most.

Masks never prevented transmission, it was probably a visual reminder. Plenty of articles are written about this.

Masks never prevented transmission, it was probably a visual reminder. Plenty of articles are written about this.

Of course masks never prevented transmission. No one ever claimed that.

They did reduce the number of droplets exhaled into the face of someone else, and therefore partly reduced risk and viral load.

Of course masks never prevented transmission. No one ever claimed that.

They did reduce the number of droplets exhaled into the face of someone else, and therefore partly reduced risk and viral load.
    I think some people were never told as child to cover their mouth when sneezing or coughing, or perhaps the reason why was never explained.

The function of a mask seems like it should be perfectly obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I think some people were never told as child to cover their mouth when sneezing or coughing, or perhaps the reason why was never explained.

The function of a mask seems like it should be perfectly obvious.

If they were of consequence then people would not have been permitted to wear the themed ones.

I think everyone knows that covering your face would have exactly the same effect , but nice try (again), so the fact that they were mandatory suggests what I originally said in the other post.

I don’t think you’re thinking clearly, the droplets in a virus are microscopic and no mask would work.

Great for the environment though - NOT

I wonder how this whole “debate” would have played out 10 years ago.

Say the pandemic hit in 2010 then 3 years later we were looking at the effectiveness or ineffectiveness of the measures that were taken.

I think it’s fair to say that there was a lot less political and cultural polarization then which would probably have meant more objectivity.

The same could be applied to Climate, Trans, Immigration and all of the other hot buttons that cause people to just have a pop at each other rather than seek common ground and workable solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post

Say the pandemic hit in 2010 then 3 years later we were looking at the effectiveness or ineffectiveness of the measures that were taken.

I think it’s fair to say that there was a lot less political and cultural polarization then which would probably have meant more objectivity.

The same could be applied to Climate, Trans, Immigration and all of the other hot buttons that cause people to just have a pop at each other rather than seek common ground and workable solutions.
    The problem was that the government used behaviour scientists algorithms and fear tactics to implement their plans , yet they themselves broke the rules they were enforcing. That in itself is the problem for many.

If it happened again , would the same non risk groups be so completely obedient ?

You will still get your self appointed government deputies sniffing around though, especially those with no purpose or who have a perceived sense of entitlement.

If it happened again , would the same non risk groups be so completely obedient ?
    There were/are no 'non risk groups'. There were people who were at low risk of severe illness or death - but there was still a risk. Those groups were not 'completely obedient' either. There was a higher ratio of selfish twats amongst low risk groups than in the general population.

There were/are no 'non risk groups'. There were people who were at low risk of severe illness or death - but there was still a risk. Those groups were not 'completely obedient' either. There was a higher ratio of selfish twats amongst low risk groups than in the general population.
    Selfish as in what the government told you was selfish ? Perhaps the selfish people could see through the hypocrisy and propaganda. Ultimately if you’re poorly you stay in.

It’s fairly conclusive that obese people and people with diabetes were very likely to have issues ( like with many other illnesses) yet they kept fast food places open and alcohol was available to buy.

The problem was that the government used behaviour scientists algorithms and fear tactics to implement their plans , yet they themselves broke the rules they were enforcing. That in itself is the problem for many.

You will still get your self appointed government deputies sniffing around though, especially those with no purpose or who have a perceived sense of entitlement.
    That may or may not be the case, but my point being is how difficult it seems to be now to get a reasonable consensus of opinion.

If this was indeed the case, 10 years ago it probably would have been easier to hold fear mongering or major cock ups like the PPE Scandal, Partygate Hypocrisy to account.

The benefits or dangers of vaccines and masks wouldn’t depend on political or ideological allegiances.

Slightly off topic

Won't go anywhere under the corrupt Biden DOJ but just maybe ?

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Slightly off topic

Won't go anywhere under the corrupt Biden DOJ but just maybe ?

Remember this at a funeral, very disturbing - they probably walked in together

fOlloWING thE scIEnce

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyypH-Sh7hM

My mother caught it in llandough last Christmas, she was 89, she didn’t even know she had it just tested her to leave into care.
    Thankfully, I think it’s mutuated into almost nothing like a few scientists were saying it probably would…..

Thank God for Mr Drakeford, my hero. Better to be safe than sorry. Next time we may not be able to poke fun.

'Enlightened Centrism'

Don't say common ground about climate, there are huge swathes of people even on this very forum that deny man made climate change is happening yet can't tell you a single thing about the physical process. There is no point finding common ground because facts and evidence doesn't work with them.

I mean we have people freaking out about face masks and vaccines, these are really basic things that have somehow been politicised by the right/conspiracy theorists (one of whom on here is a flat earther)

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    'Enlightened Centrism'

Don't say common ground about climate, there are huge swathes of people even on this very forum that deny man made climate change is happening yet can't tell you a single thing about the physical process. There is no point finding common ground because facts and evidence doesn't work with them.

I mean we have people freaking out about face masks and vaccines, these are really basic things that have somehow been politicised by the right/conspiracy theorists (one of whom on here is a flat earther)

Just to add to this

I'm fed up on frankly unhinged people being given air time e.g on ITV they had a debate between a flat earther and an astronaut. I don't think the media's purpose should be 'Well this person says the sky is blue, but this person says the sky is red we need to give balance and give their arguments equal air time' sometimes they just need to look out the window and say that someone is speaking nonsense.

Just to add to this

I'm fed up on frankly unhinged people being given air time e.g on ITV they had a debate between a flat earther and an astronaut. I don't think the media's purpose should be 'Well this person says the sky is blue, but this person says the sky is red we need to give balance and give their arguments equal air time' sometimes they just need to look out the window and say that someone is speaking nonsense.
    Just to add to this

You do understand that an experimental and limited tested Vaccine could have only been mandated as an emergency treatment because existing therapeutics were banned by the F.D.A and their counterparts from being prescribed by Doctors, however, and now that the herd has taken it and the billions in the coffers of the drug companies are in, Ivermectin a Nobel prize-honoured distinction drug miraculously is fine and dandy. Nothing to see here.

'Enlightened Centrism'

I know the connotations behind your “Enlightened Centrist” slur.
    You will bandy that around to anyone that tries to show any objectivity on any subject.

I certainly believe that there is man made climate change.
    I have read what the physical process in creating climate change and I have read the
    ramifications.

If it stops you rabbiting on like it’s some kind of enigmatic question, I will answer it.
    Deal?

That’s the easy part.
    Coming up with a sustainable solution that has buy in from existing humans is the tricky part.

Undoubtedly you have heard the counters regarding BRIC countries and their emissions and undoubtedly you hold such counters in contempt.

It’s a very valid question though and an answer of “leading by example” doesn’t cut much mustard frankly.

BRIC countries do not give a flying **** what the UK are doing.

You keep doing you though and insult anybody who isn’t as dogmatic in their ideologies as you…that’s definitely the way to make things better.

I know the connotations behind your “Enlightened Centrist” slur.
    You will bandy that around to anyone that tries to show any objectivity on any subject.

I certainly believe that there is man made climate change.
    I have read what the physical process in creating climate change and I have read the
    ramifications.

If it stops you rabbiting on like it’s some kind of enigmatic question, I will answer it.
    Deal?

That’s the easy part.
    Coming up with a sustainable solution that has buy in from existing humans is the tricky part.

Undoubtedly you have heard the counters regarding BRIC countries and their emissions and undoubtedly you hold such counters in contempt.

It’s a very valid question though and an answer of “leading by example” doesn’t cut much mustard frankly.

BRIC countries do not give a flying **** what the UK are doing.

You keep doing you though and insult anybody who isn’t as dogmatic in their ideologies as you…that’s definitely the way to make things better.
    What’s very interesting in your reply is the item about BRICS

BRICS is a grouping of the world economies of Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.

Russia has told many of the African countries they would cancel the Africans debt with them if they got on board.

Dr McCullough. 🤣🤣🤣🤣