+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 2 Q.P.R. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 2 Q.P.R. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    If Ugbo can get a tap in once in even every two games....I'd be happy....
    He's doing his job to be fair. It's the rest of the shit show that needs work!

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Solid defensively and puts the effort in but touch and passing range of a brick, judging on how he looked when he came off we won't be seeing him for a while anyway.
    No vision either, I think the first pass into Ramsey came from Goutas due to our ponderous and negative midfield duo

There's this idea that Wintle controls games because he makes about 50 sideways passes, I don't think that's controlling the game at all just taking the safe option. For me, controlling the game means someone who can change the tempo when needed, Wintle doesn't do this.

I think we can have one midfielder who is the defensively minded one who plays it safe, problem is other than Ramsey right now that is all of them, maybe not Ralls on his day as well. If he doesn't get at least one better option in there we are in big trouble you'd have to say. Decent Championship CB and CM an absolute must or we'll be needing to spend when we can in January just to have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    No vision either, I think the first pass into Ramsey came from Goutas due to our ponderous and negative midfield duo

There's this idea that Wintle controls games because he makes about 50 sideways passes, I don't think that's controlling the game at all just taking the safe option. For me, controlling the game means someone who can change the tempo when needed, Wintle doesn't do this.
    Wintle was poor as bad as ive seen but our whole set up and style was bad.

I have no idea what Bulut is trying to implement. We dont press , we dont counter , we dont move it quick , we dont go direct.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    He wasn't the worse one out there. Mind, the QPR player probably saved him a red by jumping over his tackle leading up to the second goal.
    He was disappointing today but he wasn't the only one. Grant needs a rest.

Well said!
    All this bollocks of Wintle does a lot of the "unseen work" and is the "workhorse". It's rubbish, just like all our midfield. Ralls, Wintle, Adams, they'll never impose themselves or threaten a goal.
    They don't protect and they don't provide.

Well beaten, as bad as anything last season. Maybe last 20 we showed some urgency but QPR sat off as you do.

Robinson has to play if fit.

Thought Tanner and Colwill also added something, actually showed movement off the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Well said!
    All this bollocks of Wintle does a lot of the "unseen work" and is the "workhorse". It's rubbish, just like all our midfield. Ralls, Wintle, Adams, they'll never impose themselves or threaten a goal.
    They don't protect and they don't provide.
    Ralls everytime hes missing is a massive loss and if we have any chance of survival needs to play regularly.

Dreadful performance for the first 75 minutes which was equally as bad as anything we’ve seen over the last 2 seasons. There’s absolutely no killer instinct in the team, and any we do have was sat on the bench (Robinson).

Grant has to be replaced next week, and Ng also deserves to be replaced after his performances so far. Wintle’s decline has continued and if it wasn’t for the fact we are water thin in central midfield I’d happily see him out as well, letting Eli King go doesn’t look like the wisest decision currently.

Robinson has to start, no ifs or buts and this midfielder supposedly coming in needs to be good enough to go straight in.

Disappointment dished up in a manner that only Cardiff City know how to do!

I think we can have one midfielder who is the defensively minded one who plays it safe, problem is other than Ramsey right now that is all of them, maybe not Ralls on his day as well. If he doesn't get at least one better option in there we are in big trouble you'd have to say. Decent Championship CB and CM an absolute must or we'll be needing to spend when we can in January just to have a chance.
    A decent left back would help as well

Proof, if any more were needed, that we need midfielders

Ramsey can't do it all on his own, he needs players around him who can complement his game. It was noticeable when Robinson came on that he finally had someone who could see what he was doing

Grant was embarrassing, Robinson had to tell him where to stand at one point, very disappointing. Ng was also poor I felt, dwells on the ball far too long, there were occasions where an obvious ball was on for Bowler, but he'd wait and wait and by the time he passed it QPR were back in shape

Armstrong for QPR is a player, tore us apart at Loftus Road last season and did the same today
    And did bugger all against anyone else if you look at his stats.

Robinson and Tanner have to start.

These two changed the game when they came on.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Robinson and Tanner have to start.

These two changed the game when they came on.
    Robinson is a quality player at championship level

He can score plenty of goals and his link up play is superb

We should sell etete , he's had plenty of chances

Well, that was a right bag of shite. So disappointed. I probably should have, but I really didn't expect that, it was like watching one of the poorer games from last season. Both the team and manager performances were bad enough to cause serious concern for this coming season. No, pace, no direction, no intelligence, no hunger. The only players who came out of that with any credibility were Ramsey and the subs, who should have been introduced far earlier (preferably from minute 1).
    Don't know what else to say, gutted.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    A decent left back would help as well
    Not ready to write Collins off based on one game in the league cup where he was probably told to focus on his fitness. Played some nice stuff when he came on today I though, was part of the turnaround.

A least Bulut is not pulling any punches and coming out with theh platitude '''we take positives from that..."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rdiff-27510320

Not ready to write Collins off based on one game in the league cup where he was probably told to focus on his fitness. Played some nice stuff when he came on today I though, was part of the turnaround.
    Thought Collins put in a very encouraging showing today. Nicely weighted passes got us moving forward and did the necessary defensive work- let's hope he can get back to his best. O'Dowda had a shocker.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v Q.P.R. Match thread

Unfortunately Ramsey is two or three moves ahead of the other 21 players on the pitch. He wins a free kick, hands on the ball to steady it, takes it, QPR were still regrouping oblivious to Ramsey’s alertness, unfortunately we were regrouping as well. Ramsey looks a mug for playing a shite ball when, in fact, it’s an excellent ball that shows up the other players standard compared to him. Robinson seems to be the only one who’s maybe on his wavelength but, unfortunately, they weren’t on the pitch together for that long today.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And did bugger all against anyone else if you look at his stats.
    Shades of Dexter Blackstock

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    A least Bulut is not pulling any punches and coming out with theh platitude '''we take positives from that..."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rdiff-27510320
    Nerves?? Id love to know his thinking of playing walking football from the back getting nowhere other than trouble was supposed to achieve. Goutas and Grant had no reason to have nerves from last season and were 2 of our worst players.

Anyone knocking Ramsey needs to understand that CCFC could have messi and ronaldo and we'd be saying they were crap after two games

Watched the game on the box, disappointing after the promising opener last week but it's early doors, so not too disappointed.

So many poor performances today. Ng took Bowler out of the game by taking 5/6 touches. Wintle had one, too. His passing range is poor. Enough has been said about Grant and Ugbo isn’t a centre forward.

Positives, Tanner, Colwill and Robinson. Alnwick too, probably. I hope the rumours aren’t true about a loan keeper, we need a centre half, midfielder and a striker more than a keeper taking up one of the 2 loan spots.

Writing on the wall for Ojo with that team, too, surely.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Unfortunately Ramsey is two or three moves ahead of the other 21 players on the pitch. He wins a free kick, hands on the ball to steady it, takes it, QPR were still regrouping oblivious to Ramsey’s alertness, unfortunately we were regrouping as well. Ramsey looks a mug for playing a shite ball when, in fact, it’s an excellent ball that shows up the other players standard compared to him. Robinson seems to be the only one who’s maybe on his wavelength but, unfortunately, they weren’t on the pitch together for that long today.
    Accurate appraisal.

I'd add O'Dowda to that, the rest

A few stealing a living!

Quote Originally Posted by D. Advocaat View Post
    Thought Collins put in a very encouraging showing today. Nicely weighted passes got us moving forward and did the necessary defensive work- let's hope he can get back to his best. O'Dowda had a shocker.
    Just have to remember what a superb player Collins was for us before his injury, if he stays fit, he will be a key player for us.
    O dowda is better than most in the team but not as good as many make out: a good defender and a good but inconsistent attacking player.