+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 2 Q.P.R. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 2 Q.P.R. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by John Buchanan View Post
    Just have to remember what a superb player Collins was for us before his injury, if he stays fit, he will be a key player for us.
    O dowda is better than most in the team but not as good as many make out: a good defender and a good but inconsistent attacking player.
    Collins only played 3 games for us. Superb player for us is pushing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Collins only played 3 games for us. Superb player for us is pushing it.
    Fair enough, but I for one was very impressed with what I saw. I thought, on the basis of what I saw, that he was superb.

Fair enough, but I for one was very impressed with what I saw. I thought, on the basis of what I saw, that he was superb.
    It was a very promising start and hopefully he comes back and has a good season.

O Dowda is too deep,needs to be more forward.

Just have to remember what a superb player Collins was for us before his injury, if he stays fit, he will be a key player for us.
    O dowda is better than most in the team but not as good as many make out: a good defender and a good but inconsistent attacking player.
    O'Dowda wasn't a good defender today

Ramsey apart, we've just patched up a side that was technically relegated last season, back to where it was on the 8th May.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Ramsey apart, we've just patched up a side that was technically relegated last season, back to where it was on the 8th May.
    Absolutely. That was always the case.

Don't think realistically we've even done that. Philogene came on for Villa today (albeit with the game out of hand), Bowler is a good player but couldn't even get into the Forest squad and the other options out wide we've got seem past their best, Goutas seems a massive question mark being kind and a big downgrade on Kipre, and Ugbo is no Kaba.

See what the rumored signings are before the window closes, but with no money being allowed to change hands I tend to think most of what is on Twitter is BS. I never really understood what all the positivity was about, but was hoping I was missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    O'Dowda wasn't a good defender today
    I'd prefer Collins as LB and O'Dowda as LW. Grant needs some time on the bench I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I'd prefer Collins as LB and O'Dowda as LW. Grant needs some time on the bench I think.
    Iwan Roberts suggested several times that Grant needs to play up front, not out on the wing.

O'Dowda showed today why he should only be an emergency option at left back

Well that was pissin awful.

Just looked like the same team as last season with dud replacements for what we had.

Agree Tanner and Colwill have to be given a proper chance. Colwill especially needs a run of games to get his confidence flowing and his match fitness up. I think he’s going to be one hell of a player when he’s in full flow.

Come on Erol. Be bold. We need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Iwan Roberts suggested several times that Grant needs to play up front, not out on the wing.
    Very much up for him being benched and brought back in to the side in a new position. Can't write him off after two games but it's just not working right now. I'd like to see a peak Collins and O'Dowda as winger run things on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Well that was pissin awful.

Just looked like the same team as last season with dud replacements for what we had.

Agree Tanner and Colwill have to be given a proper chance. Colwill especially needs a run of games to get his confidence flowing and his match fitness up. I think he’s going to be one hell of a player when he’s in full flow.

Come on Erol. Be bold. We need it.
    I don't think colwill is good enough at this level

He would have showed far more promise

He's 21 now isn't he ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

He's 21 now isn't he ?
    I agree.

People pinning their hopes on a player who has limited mobility and who tries too hard to pull off something difficult when there's usually an easier option.

Watched the first 60 minutes. Can’t believe how bad we were. Someone here said “passive” and that sums it up. Awful awful.

Watched the last 20 minutes and Colwill, Tanner and Robinson were giving it a massive go. The opposite to passive. They wanted the ball, got the ball, and did things with the ball.

Grant can’t start anytime soon if form means anything at all.

I wanted to see what Bulut would be like when it’s not all roses. Just didn’t think I’d find out so soon!

Got back at 10.30 last night feeling let down, that was shocking - firstly Goutas is slow and shite makes Simpson look like Tony Adams, NG needs replacing,,mentally slow and totally negative. Tanner & Colwill were the only ones that showed a bit of ooomph. Ramsey obviously a class above but he will get frustrated if we have performances like that.

He's 21 now isn't he ?
    I disagree with this, Colwill has never really been given a proper run in the team. Give him 10 games in a row then we know what level he's at.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    I disagree with this, Colwill has never really been given a proper run in the team. Give him 10 games in a row then we know what level he's at.
    And at the moment, Rambo apart, surely he can't be any worse that what we've got?

Colwill and Tanner were able to cut open the QPR left side at will. If Tanner had a better final product we would have equalised.

We really need a centre forward like Dykes who can hold the ball up and if it's flicked on goes to a team mate. Chair ran rings around our defensive midfielders, we really need better than Goutas at Centreback, we need left back cover for Collins, O'Dowda should never start in that position ever again and cover for goalkeeper although I felt Alnwick did nothing wrong yesterday.

Also, I don't have a problem with playing out from the back but the passing was so ponderous with players carrying the ball too much instead of playing a pass with zip to a team mate in space. Also if we wanted to switch play from one side of the pitch to the other the players need to be told they can miss a man when making a pass so the ball moves quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Got back at 10.30 last night feeling let down, that was shocking - firstly Goutas is slow and shite makes Simpson look like Tony Adams, NG needs replacing,,mentally slow and totally negative. Tanner & Colwill were the only ones that showed a bit of ooomph. Ramsey obviously a class above but he will get frustrated if we have performances like that.
    Totally agree about NG. Apart from his set piece skills I'm not overly fussed.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Also, I don't have a problem with playing out from the back but the passing was so ponderous with players carrying the ball too much instead of playing a pass with zip to a team mate in space. Also if we wanted to switch play from one side of the pitch to the other the players need to be told they can miss a man when making a pass so the ball moves quicker.
    Nail on head here, but how many players do we actually have who are capable of doing this? Ramsey is one, Colwill might be another, Sawyers can do it if you ignore the other massive gaps in his game... the clear lack of quality we have in midfield has to get addressed sharpish though, need at least one in who is comfortable on the ball and has the legs to play the way Bulut wants to play.

He's 21 now isn't he ?
    He needs a run to show what he can do. I think he is good enough at this level.

I question the coaching and managers hes been under.

Im not sure if Tanner is good enough but hes been bright and has had a go in the last 2 games. Someone who can give some entertainment.

Extend these lads contracts and put them in the starting line up.

That line up and tactics yesterday will see us in L1. It wont even be close we will be rock bottom. Colwill not good enough for this level.? Well plenty of our squad and maybe the whole coaching set up isnt either.

Lets give these young players a go. The alternative is almost certainly worse.