+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 2 Q.P.R. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 2 Q.P.R. Match thread

I just watched the extended highlights and we didn't look too bad, but the goals we gave away were very frustrating.

McGuiness and Goutas equally to blame for the first.

Bowler looks to be a breath of fresh air.

I'd like to see more of NG taking more pop shots from far as he's clearly got it in him.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I just watched the extended highlights and we didn't look too bad, but the goals we gave away were very frustrating.

McGuiness and Goutas equally to blame for the first.

Bowler looks to be a breath of fresh air.

I'd like to see more of NG taking more pop shots from far as he's clearly got it in him.
    O Dowda was mainly at fault for the 1st.

Bowler was poor yesterday but I still think hes a really good signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    He needs a run to show what he can do. I think he is good enough at this level.

I question the coaching and managers hes been under.

Im not sure if Tanner is good enough but hes been bright and has had a go in the last 2 games. Someone who can give some entertainment.

Extend these lads contracts and put them in the starting line up.

That line up and tactics yesterday will see us in L1. It wont even be close we will be rock bottom. Colwill not good enough for this level.? Well plenty of our squad and maybe the whole coaching set up isnt either.

Lets give these young players a go. The alternative is almost certainly worse.
    He's had plenty of game time

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I don't think colwill is good enough at this level

He would have showed far more promise

He's 21 now isn't he ?
    He might have grown to 9ft odd, but he looked as if he's also removed some padding from his frame, at 21 he should be adding a bit more than some nice flicks and passes to his game, I'd persevere a bit more with him for another season

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    He might have grown to 9ft odd, but he looked as if he's also removed some padding from his frame, at 21 he should be adding a bit more than some nice flicks and passes to his game, I'd persevere a bit more with him for another season
    He played with great energy and drive up at forest a few seasons ago and scored a cracking goal

I think he's gone backwards since then

He's had plenty of game time
    Last season he played 588 minutes in the league, about the equivalent of 6 full games. He played more than 30 minutes on just 6 occasions, started 4 games with just 2 of those back to back under Hudson

Re: CARDIFF CITY v Q.P.R. Match thread

Browsing our friends down the road forum......seems they are more disenchanted than we are.....i

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Last season he played 588 minutes in the league, about the equivalent of 6 full games. He played more than 30 minutes on just 6 occasions, started 4 games with just 2 of those back to back under Hudson
    6 games worth told us and the managers he wasn't up to it ?

He's not a championship player

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Browsing our friends down the road forum......seems they are more disenchanted than we are.....i
    They still have more of a team than us

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    They are completely deluded. They wanted both Cooper and Martin out and believe they should be top of the league and getting promoted.

They will be top 10 maybe top 6 if they keep Piroe but the knives will still be out if they dont go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    They are completely deluded. They wanted both Cooper and Martin out and believe they should be top of the league and getting promoted.

They will be top 10 maybe top 6 if they keep Piroe but the knives will still be out if they dont go up.
    I disagree. The other 44 games are mere warm up matches for playing us. They don’t seem to care about much else.

If you think 6 games in short busts of 10 or so minutes across a 46 game season is "plenty of game time" then I really don't know what to say

Some of those managers thought Andy Rinomhota and Ebou Adams could play possession football.

Colwill tries too much because he has to, and he's young. He has to make an impact otherwise he won't get picked. If he keeps things neat and tidy, then it goes unnoticed and we don't commit players to attacks. He's got talent, which is more than can be said for most of our midfielders. Tanner and Colwill were two positives yesterday, they took the game to QPR. It is a shame some of our senior pros didn't.

Tanner has really, really filled out too. I am stunned at his development, fair play to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Some of those managers thought Andy Rinomhota and Ebou Adams could play possession football.

Colwill tries too much because he has to, and he's young. He has to make an impact otherwise he won't get picked. If he keeps things neat and tidy, then it goes unnoticed and we don't commit players to attacks. He's got talent, which is more than can be said for most of our midfielders. Tanner and Colwill were two positives yesterday, they took the game to QPR. It is a shame some of our senior pros didn't.

Tanner has really, really filled out too. I am stunned at his development, fair play to him.
    I think he's a playmaker in league 1 but I don't think he's going to show much here

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    If you think 6 games in short busts of 10 or so minutes across a 46 game season is "plenty of game time" then I really don't know what to say
    If Colwill is up to the mark I think he would have done so by now

Plenty of us want to be proved wrong

If Colwill is up to the mark I think he would have done so by now

Plenty of us want to be proved wrong
    I may be wrong but I think Colwill has had three different injuries over the past 18 months along with at least two serious doses of growthspurtisis. He is probably over all that now and with a fresh start and new manager able to make a real impact. He got into the Wales squads and was talked up by all and sundry for a reason.

That reason was talent.

No guarantees, but I think (with Ramsey as unofficial coach and mentor) this is his big season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

Still baffles me that a certain former manager wanted to play possession based football and brought those 2 in to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I may be wrong but I think Colwill has had three different injuries over the past 18 months along with at least two serious doses of growthspurtisis. He is probably over all that now and with a fresh start and new manager able to make a real impact. He got into the Wales squads and was talked up by all and sundry for a reason.

That reason was talent.

No guarantees, but I think (with Ramsey as unofficial coach and mentor) this is his big season.
    I am ready to eat my beans

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    feeling a bit more positive after watching that back.

uncharacteristic mistake from O'Dowda who has been one of our most professional players since he joined, that meant we were chasing the game and another error for the second when Goutas went to ground and didn't get the ball.

there were positives though. Ng fired some lovely balls into the box, this formation really plays to his strengths. we hit the woodwork twice and had a lot more about us going forward than we did this time last year.
    I don't think we are too far away from being a decent side.

https://fbref.com/en/matches/3bc6eea...3-Championship

loads of stats from the game in there

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    feeling a bit more positive after watching that back.

uncharacteristic mistake from O'Dowda who has been one of our most professional players since he joined, that meant we were chasing the game and another error for the second when Goutas went to ground and didn't get the ball.

there were positives though. Ng fired some lovely balls into the box, this formation really plays to his strengths. we hit the woodwork twice and had a lot more about us going forward than we did this time last year.
    I don't think we are too far away from being a decent side.
    I agree that the O'Dowda error was uncharacteristic but he made up for it with his assist for Ugbo and had a decent game for a guy playing out of position.

People blaming Ramsey for our second but it was a long way from goal and we should have defended better.
    As you rightly say, Goutas was the main culprit and going to ground in that position was suicide.
    He and McGuinness don't look a comfortable pairing and although I like Ng as a player, a right back he ain't.
    The defence worries me.

We had no luck but you could argue that you make your own which we didn't do enough of.

I was gutted after the game on Saturday but having just watched the MU v Wolves game, I feel there are fans feeling a lot worse than ours right now.