Have a week off this week with Doris, decided we wouldn’t contribute to any more pollution with a much needed holiday, and decided to do a few jobs about the house, as the weather was decent yesterday said f**k it to the paint brushes and had a very pleasant walk into town, walked to western avenue to pick up the Taff trail, and walked along the river, crossing over at the weir to the cricket ground side and then back across just before the boat taxis to the bay, did a bit of shopping had some lunch in the madeira washed down with a couple of beers. With the sun out early again this morning we walked to Roath Park then on through the Rec, then past Roath court funeral home, then on to Dunelm, the intended target, a couple of purchases, a further trek along Newport road to get a bite to eat at Greggs 😊 , bus back to town which terminated in Churchill and which got me thinking a little, our two walks along the Taff and through Roath Park bring some nice scenery & wildlife, Roath Park this morning with the swans out in force, biggest firm of jacks I’ve seen in Cardiff, the other ducks and wildlife was nice,
Churchill way Canal,
I’m all in favour of this project as it’ll add another nice attraction to IMO, is a more than decent City, I think we are fortunate in having a compact city with plenty of things to see and do, however, I’m presuming that the canal exposure is being funded by the taxpayer? I’m sure this isn’t a cheap project, is it the best use of the money ?, as previously said I think it will be great for the City but I cannot help thinking maybe a better distribution of the money throughout the city might have been better use, my immediate thought being the City public transport. Any views ?, oh and a couple of pints in the birch coming back from town so the 14,000-step calorie burn (both days) was totally wasted!!!!