+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Argy bargey

Argy bargey

So another expensive government vanity project is falling to pieces. Would love to now how much the taxpayer is recieving back for this barge not being fit for human habitation? I'm going to guess nothing.

Anyone who isn't normally a critic of the government want to comment on this situation?

Re: Argy bargey

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    So another expensive government vanity project is falling to pieces. Would love to now how much the taxpayer is recieving back for this barge not being fit for human habitation? I'm going to guess nothing.

Anyone who isn't normally a critic of the government want to comment on this situation?
    It pales into insignificance the amount of money which was wasted on Track & Trace (£12-£15bn) and there was hardly any mention of that in the main )

Some people probably still think it was a good idea

Well it doesn't seem to be going particularly well. If you combine that with a record number crossing in small boats yesterday (meaning the Rwanda policy isn't working either), you'd be forgiven for thinking that their approach to "stopping the boats" is maybe flawed somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Well it doesn't seem to be going particularly well. If you combine that with a record number crossing in small boats yesterday (meaning the Rwanda policy isn't working either), you'd be forgiven for thinking that their approach to "stopping the boats" is maybe flawed somewhat.
    Oh come on that's harsh

Just because every aspect of this tossing governments migration policy ........an area they PROMISED they would sort ......is completely in bits isn't that bad is it ?

Yeah, but all of those lefty lawyers aren’t playing ball are they.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Oh come on that's harsh

Just because every aspect of this tossing governments migration policy ........an area they PROMISED they would sort ......is completely in bits isn't that bad is it ?
    To be fair to them, they're probably doing a good job with everything else I expect

It's nearly as bad as over spending £900,000,000 of your annual budget - like they have done at the Senedd, this after having to give back 150,000,000 to Westminster as Mark Dipsh1t forgot to spend it.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    It's nearly as bad as over spending £900,000,000 of your annual budget - like they have done at the Senedd, this after having to give back 150,000,000 to Westminster as Mark Dipsh1t forgot to spend it.
    Everybody listen

This pipster is definitely NOT a slimy tory

It's just coincidence that any criticism of his suited gang and he's all over things like a rash

Definitely NO tory

Ad infinitum

To be fair to them, they're probably doing a good job with everything else I expect
    No they are fecking everything up to be fair

There's always one idiot singing their prasises though eh pipster

He's not a tory though

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    No they are fecking everything up to be fair

There's always one idiot singing their prasises though eh pipster

He's not a tory though
    everything they touch turns to shit and one of their mates usually makes a fortune

If the Home Office (for not everything is controlled by the cabinet except in the minds of people like yourself) hadn't acted on Legionella then you would be screaming blue murder.

Now they have and you proclaim it a disaster.

The only consistency here is that the people who offer zero solutions (comfortably off left-wingers far from the problem usually) will moan and moan and moan whatever happens.

So tell us, what are we supposed to be furious about today? That the home Office acted to keep people safe in response to a Legionella risk?

Record numbers coming across on a certain day is usually weather related. It was the first relatively calm day for a while.

The need for barges, hotels and the illegal Rwanda policy is because of an inefficient application processing system. There's about 40-50k arriving by small boats annually but last December there were 160k waiting to be dealt with.
    Stopping the boats is definitely flawed. Some parts aren't due to be implemented after the next election, but the political focus does seem out of proportion to the size, and a deflection from the actual issue.

Do you need a tutorial on how to make a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    That the home Office acted to keep people safe in response to a Legionella risk?
    That is an interesting way to describe putting people on a boat that was subject to further testing before those results had been returned. It isn't much point having safety standards and testing unless you wait to hear the result before acting.

The above might actually be generous, some accounts suggest results came back earlier this week before migrants were ordered to board and before Jenrick's comments about it being 'perfectly safe'.

This governments response to the migration is cock up after cock up and yet here you are yet again to defend them.

So tell us, what are we supposed to be furious about today?
    Well from what I can see, the contract with CTM is 1.6 billion to house 1500 migrants for 2 years in barges. It was awarded via the back door without competition or due process to a firm whose turnover is a fraction of the size of the contract, and within days of becoming operational, it has had to be shut down because it is unsafe. Hmmmm what could I possibly be furious about?! Do you have that little regard for taxpayer money that this seems okay to you?

So now we have a Rwanda policy costing hundreds of millions that can process hundreds of migrants and 3 barges costing 1.5 billion that can house 1500 migrants. What great ideas do you and the government have for the other 158,000?

Correct me if my maths is off but if you wanted to house 1500 people for 1.5 billion, you could have just built 1500 houses? Then when the migrants have been processed and possibly sent home if they don't meet asylum threshold, you have 1500 houses and a load of change. When the migrants have been processed, we are left with nothing except a hefty bill. That would be investing in infrastructure though, which is against government policy, far better to throw it at some ill-equipped private firm instead.

If the Home Office (for not everything is controlled by the cabinet except in the minds of people like yourself) hadn't acted on Legionella then you would be screaming blue murder.

The only consistency here is that the people who offer zero solutions (comfortably off left-wingers far from the problem usually) will moan and moan and moan whatever happens.

So tell us, what are we supposed to be furious about today? That the home Office acted to keep people safe in response to a Legionella risk?
    And stooge number 2 who also isn't a raving tory turns up .....yet again to defend the complete incompetence of the government he says he doesn't support

That is an interesting way to describe putting people on a boat that was subject to further testing before those results had been returned. It isn't much point having safety standards and testing unless you wait to hear the result before acting.

The above might actually be generous, some accounts suggest results came back earlier this week before migrants were ordered to board and before Jenrick's comments about it being 'perfectly safe'.

This governments response to the migration is cock up after cock up and yet here you are yet again to defend them.

Well from what I can see, the contract with CTM is 1.6 billion to house 1500 migrants for 2 years in barges. It was awarded via the back door without competition or due process to a firm whose turnover is a fraction of the size of the contract, and within days of becoming operational, it has had to be shut down because it is unsafe. Hmmmm what could I possibly be furious about?! Do you have that little regard for taxpayer money that this seems okay to you?

So now we have a Rwanda policy costing hundreds of millions that can process hundreds of migrants and 3 barges costing 1.5 billion that can house 1500 migrants. What great ideas do you and the government have for the other 158,000?

Correct me if my maths is off but if you wanted to house 1500 people for 1.5 billion, you could have just built 1500 houses? Then when the migrants have been processed and possibly sent home if they don't meet asylum threshold, you have 1500 houses and a load of change. When the migrants have been processed, we are left with nothing except a hefty bill. That would be investing in infrastructure though, which is against government policy, far better to throw it at some ill-equipped private firm instead.
    That's harsh on jenrick

He's not a complete arse

85 percent is fairer

Personally not furious but amused that what, 3 days after the first people boarding they’re leaving?

Surely they should’ve waited for this to be tested before boarding people?

The fact that there will be plenty who don’t think this makes the government look even more incompetent says a lot

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Record numbers coming across on a certain day is usually weather related. It was the first relatively calm day for a while.

The need for barges, hotels and the illegal Rwanda policy is because of an inefficient application processing system.
    Agree with the lack of an effective application processing system (and also lawful routes to enter).

Regardless of whether though if the illegal Rwanda plan worked in any way at all (even as a deterrent) then the numbers wouldn’t be that high. We had plenty of nice weather in May and June

Blah, blah, blah what a boring twat

Now being reported that The Home Office sent asylum seekers onto Bibby Stockholm barge knowing there was deadly bacteria in the water supply.

Have we ever had such an incompetent bunch of shisters?

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Now being reported that The Home Office sent asylum seekers onto Bibby Stockholm barge knowing there was deadly bacteria in the water supply.

Have we ever had such an incompetent bunch of shisters?
    Oh, and to cap it all off.

An organised crime gang has managed to steal a hard drive containing vital evidence against Channel people smugglers from a UK base.

Get them gone.

Where you bin?

I had..

1. Holidaying with Rishi in California
    2. Infiltrating small boats with cyanide in the English Channel
    3. Shagging yourself to death with a new 19 year old girlfriend.

Come on, spill the beans: Pip and his gang have missed you. They're not quite up to it without you.

I love how you all think there is a simple or easy solution to this and that somehow the country can easily process often hundreds of people illegally arriving daily.

The reality is you know how hard it is, but these people are handy pawns for a wider party political game. Nothing will change under Labour because if anything the things required to reduce the numbers will only be weakened by them, or, far more likely they try to do exactly the same as the current govt are, but this time they will be thrwarted by processes and organisations that they support.

What is baffling to me is that you guys don't see how fed up so many people are with this - those same people will be fed up at 'your lot' before long. I don't think many of you care that much for the people in question, let alone the hundreds of thousands of homeless Brits watching on, but at least if people start criticising a Labour govt you will be keener to sort the issue out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Where you bin?

I had..

1. Holidaying with Rishi in California
    2. Infiltrating small boats with cyanide in the English Channel
    3. Shagging yourself to death with a new 19 year old girlfriend.

Come on, spill the beans: Pip and his gang have missed you. They're not quite up to it without you.
    Needed a short break from you toxic lot! How have you been? Well I hope?

Tell me more about this 19 year old..

Needed a short break from you toxic lot! How have you been? Well I hope?

Tell me more about this 19 year old..
    Not on your life!

If I find her I'm gonna keep her to myself!