+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Erol Bulut and the media.

Erol Bulut and the media.

Just watched the video of his press conference on Thursday and, not for the first time, I was impressed by our manager at these events. Granted, he's at the easy stage of his tenure here at the moment and things will become more fraught and pressurised if and when we struggle as much as the national pundits expect us to. For now though, our manager has a nice style which includes humour at times and he comes over as quite a smart cookie who, generally, can spot a trap question a mile off - at the moment, the contrast between him and someone like Steve Morison at these events is huge.

Re: Erol Bulut and the media.

Yes I like his style in the press conference - he seems very at ease with himself, unlike Morison who I always felt you could sharpen a pencil up his arse he was so rigid.

Mrs.Parrot also fancies Erol, now taking an interest in City after 40 years of not bothering (my fault, I took her to a 0-0 v Barnet at NP in a downpour which lasted all evening)

I was thinking the other day how well he comes across. Not that it makes him a good manager but it’s one part of the job he seems good at.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I was thinking the other day how well he comes across. Not that it makes him a good manager but it’s one part of the job he seems good at.
    It's a very important part these days. I know it's early days but so far I'm quite warming to him and he's already far better than at least 5 of our previous managers in my opinion. If we're not looking at a disaster between now and Christmas (and I don't think we will), come January with funds and opportunities for recruitment we will be better able to judge him fairly.

It’s early days but I do think Erol could be good for City. I just hope fans are a bit patient as this is clearly a 2-3 year project to turn us into a club challenging the top 6

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    It’s early days but I do think Erol could be good for City. I just hope fans are a bit patient as this is clearly a 2-3 year project to turn us into a club challenging the top 6
    You better tell Vincent that.

It should be, you're right, but going off SM almost having the job back I think Bulut was a bit of a random choice. Hopefully it all works out and he's given time to at least have a proper go at the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Mrs.Parrot also fancies Erol, now taking an interest in City after 40 years of not bothering (my fault, I took her to a 0-0 v Barnet at NP in a downpour which lasted all evening)
    One year when I was over I took my young nephews to the auto glass game against the jacks.
    They were almost crying to go home the weather was so bad.
    Obviously we had to stay till the end.
    Now one supports manure and the other the scouse.
    Maybe I did them a faver.
    That was an awful night.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    You think Vinny has the patience for a 2-3 year project? He'll be lucky to get 2-3 months. The fans are far from the biggest problem when it comes to patience.