+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T Assault near stadium

Re: O/T Assault near stadium

Ffs - Hope you’re both okay, there’s some right scumbags about.

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Very traumatic for me and the missus these last 24 hours. Went to a friends funeral at St Alban’s yesterday, full requiem, lovely service with a few drinks at St Peter’s club by the Harlequins ground after. We decided to walk from the church to the club, two decidedly dodger looking characters passed us on Newport Rd just before the turning into Minster Rd. As we walked up Minster Rd, they’d bloody stalked us, ripped my missus’s bag of her wrist, leaving just the strap there. I turned to chase them, bloody colliding with a wheelie bin and hit the deck, ripped trousers and a gash on the knee.

A man came around the corner from Newport Rd and I shouted ‘Stop them’, he grabbed the one but the one with the bag ran off, across the road and up Stacey Rd. So we had the one who insisted that he didn't know the other fella, he was just asking directions!! The chap who apprehended him was only an off duty copper, I phoned 999 and, fair play, officers were there within 10 minutes.

They had the piece of shit on the floor, ran a check on him, surprise, surprise there was a warrant out for him for another matter. They took our particulars and offered to take us to the Heath, we seemed ok bar for a wrenched wrist and a gash on the knee, so declined.

When they were putting the shithouse in the police car he actually had a go at my missus, saying it was all her fault that he’d been arrested, she didn’t hold back with her response.

All that was in the bag was her mobile and make up, no cards, no cash. The phone was cancelled immediately but has cost me £100 on the excess on the insurance but she should have a new phone early next week.

The police have been marvellous, called to the house last night, a few phone calls this morning. Makes me think that there’s more to these crims than meets the eye. I reckon they’re involved in a few things and the police are out to nail them.

We were asked if we’d face them in court, of course we said yes. There’s no shortage of volunteers amongst our friends who are willing to pack the gallery and stare them out either.

Anyway, three points today please.
    Disgusting animals, I'm sorry you've had to go through that, I hope you and your wife are OK now, and well done on standing up to them, they need to be taken off the streets and hopefully smashed up in prison.

International

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    I work in Roath and the increase in little toerags on bikes, ebikes and escooters with hoods up and scarves over their faces is incredible. You're right about the increase in social housing for youngsters and halfway houses in the area, there are incidents daily and police everywhere. Albany road is turning into a shithole, sadly
    It does seem to have got much worse, my old works had an office there everyone hated it and called it Albanian Road.

Sorry to hear about your ordeal SP. It makes my blood boil when I read about scum like this. At the very minimum they should have their possessions sold and the proceeds given to you and your wife for the ordeal they've put you through.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    no doubt the vast majority will get away with it. You can’t blame poverty for being a **** .
    It's drug addiction. People commit crime to fund their drug addiction. Once you are addicted you become an arsehole

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Sorry to hear SP

I know 99% of people wouldn't get involved and it takes a good samataran or in your case a bit of luck with a off-duty police officer to actually do something.
    I think to say 99% of the public wouldn't get involved, is probably inaccurate and unfair.

Sorry to hear about the misfortune these lowlifes brought upon your wife and yourself, SP.
    The cuts & bruises can heal, but the psychological effects can last much longer.
    Without ever having met you, I'd wager if you'd caught the one who got away, he'd have come off second best against an enraged SP.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Sorry to hear about your ordeal SP. It makes my blood boil when I read about scum like this. At the very minimum they should have their possessions sold and the proceeds given to you and your wife for the ordeal they've put you through.
    Possessions?

Let me guess... a chavy wardrobe of clothes that you could fit into a rucksack, a balaclava, and a disk-cutter perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Possessions?

Let me guess... a chavy wardrobe of clothes that you could fit into a rucksack, a balaclava, and a disk-cutter perhaps.
    I was thinking more along the lines of an electric scooter, which is de rigeur amongst some of these scum nowadays. Failing that, remove and sell one of his kidneys (only joking !).

Thanks from both of us for your concern👍have had a few phone calls from the police today, during and after the game. Apparently the other piece of shite has been arrested. We’ve been asked to ID them but not face to face, we’ve said that we’d go face to face, no problem. The police realise that they’ve offended the wrong family, there’s a growing army out for revenge. Not sure if this is the wrong attitude to have but, dear God, we’ve got some very angry allies. Thank you again everyone 👍

Thanks from both of us for your concern👍have had a few phone calls from the police today, during and after the game. Apparently the other piece of shite has been arrested. We’ve been asked to ID them but not face to face, we’ve said that we’d go face to face, no problem. The police realise that they’ve offended the wrong family, there’s a growing army out for revenge. Not sure if this is the wrong attitude to have but, dear God, we’ve got some very angry allies. Thank you again everyone 👍
    That's good to know that the other piece of shit has been apprehended .
    I love your strength of character in saying you'd go face-to-face with them.
    Yeah, get them in court and get your family/friends to stare then down. Don't let their scummy supporters feel comfortable.

Thanks from both of us for your concern��have had a few phone calls from the police today, during and after the game. Apparently the other piece of shite has been arrested. We’ve been asked to ID them but not face to face, we’ve said that we’d go face to face, no problem. The police realise that they’ve offended the wrong family, there’s a growing army out for revenge. Not sure if this is the wrong attitude to have but, dear God, we’ve got some very angry allies. Thank you again everyone ��
    Terrible event, I was walking around this area earlier in the week with Doris and was glad to get to the retail park on Newport Road, spent a lot of time in this area growing up, all areas have changed over time obviously but its particularly bad around this location, this will certainly make us plan our walks with a bit more attention to detail in future, hope you and yours put it behind you, and has no lasting impact.

It won’t be long before people start calling for C.S gas to be made legal , like in Europe, when used for defence purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    It won’t be long before people start calling for C.S gas to be made legal , like in Europe, when used for defence purposes.
    The only issue with that is those doing these type of crimes will use it.

Splott P. Hope you and the missus are all good buddy. It can happen to anyone.

Just read this Steve, I hope you’re both okay mate

What is happening to society? I was getting my prescription from Boots in Llanrumney this afternoon when a 30 something year old walked in and started putting toiletries from a counter near the front door inside his coat and then casually left the shop. It was so surreal because he wasn't trying to hide what he was doing and the assistants didn't challenge him. I asked the assistant if this was the first time he'd done this and they said it wasn't even the first time he'd done it this week ! They confirmed that the police had seen their cctv footage but had taken no further action.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Just read this Steve, I hope you’re both okay mate
    Thanks Ian. The bag snatcher has been arrested, CCTV everywhere but we will be doing an ID sometime this week. Aches and pains this morning from the fall I had though. Adrenalin wearing off perhaps, was home early last night or certainly earlier than usual. Maria was up around 4am this morning, trouble sleeping, as strong as she is she’s says it’s playing on her mind. All a bit of a shitshow really.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    What is happening to society? I was getting my prescription from Boots in Llanrumney this afternoon when a 30 something year old walked in and started putting toiletries from a counter near the front door inside his coat and then casually left the shop. It was so surreal because he wasn't trying to hide what he was doing and the assistants didn't challenge him. I asked the assistant if this was the first time he'd done this and they said it wasn't even the first time he'd done it this week ! They confirmed that the police had seen their cctv footage but had taken no further action.
    My daughter is in retail and this is sadly now the way of things. I don't blame shop staff for not intervening, and the police are usually not interested.

Thanks Ian. The bag snatcher has been arrested, CCTV everywhere but we will be doing an ID sometime this week. Aches and pains this morning from the fall I had though. Adrenalin wearing off perhaps, was home early last night or certainly earlier than usual. Maria was up around 4am this morning, trouble sleeping, as strong as she is she’s says it’s playing on her mind. All a bit of a shitshow really.
    Just read the whole thread. Really sorry to read about what you and your wife had to go through SP.

Victim support accessed by the police used to provide advice and counselling if needed ?

Might be still available locally ?

They used to have home visits and telephone support to help people adjust after a crime ?