O/T Assault near stadium

Re: O/T Assault near stadium

Utter scum.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

I’m not able to read/see any BBC information atm

Could you copy and paste the details please

E-bike: Delivery rider beaten unconscious in knifepoint bike theft https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-66479325

Very traumatic for me and the missus these last 24 hours. Went to a friends funeral at St Alban’s yesterday, full requiem, lovely service with a few drinks at St Peter’s club by the Harlequins ground after. We decided to walk from the church to the club, two decidedly dodger looking characters passed us on Newport Rd just before the turning into Minster Rd. As we walked up Minster Rd, they’d bloody stalked us, ripped my missus’s bag of her wrist, leaving just the strap there. I turned to chase them, bloody colliding with a wheelie bin and hit the deck, ripped trousers and a gash on the knee.

A man came around the corner from Newport Rd and I shouted ‘Stop them’, he grabbed the one but the one with the bag ran off, across the road and up Stacey Rd. So we had the one who insisted that he didn't know the other fella, he was just asking directions!! The chap who apprehended him was only an off duty copper, I phoned 999 and, fair play, officers were there within 10 minutes.

They had the piece of shit on the floor, ran a check on him, surprise, surprise there was a warrant out for him for another matter. They took our particulars and offered to take us to the Heath, we seemed ok bar for a wrenched wrist and a gash on the knee, so declined.

When they were putting the shithouse in the police car he actually had a go at my missus, saying it was all her fault that he’d been arrested, she didn’t hold back with her response.

All that was in the bag was her mobile and make up, no cards, no cash. The phone was cancelled immediately but has cost me £100 on the excess on the insurance but she should have a new phone early next week.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Very traumatic for me and the missus these last 24 hours. Went to a friends funeral at St Alban’s yesterday, full requiem, lovely service with a few drinks at St Peter’s club by the Harlequins ground after. We decided to walk from the church to the club, two decidedly dodger looking characters passed us on Newport Rd just before the turning into Minster Rd. As we walked up Minster Rd, they’d bloody stalked us, ripped my missus’s bag of her wrist, leaving just the strap there. I turned to chase them, bloody colliding with a wheelie bin and hit the deck, ripped trousers and a gash on the knee.

A man came around the corner from Newport Rd and I shouted ‘Stop them’, he grabbed the one but the one with the bag ran off, across the road and up Stacey Rd. So we had the one who insisted that he didn't know the other fella, he was just asking directions!! The chap who apprehended him was only an off duty copper, I phoned 999 and, fair play, officers were there within 10 minutes.

They had the piece of shit on the floor, ran a check on him, surprise, surprise there was a warrant out for him for another matter. They took our particulars and offered to take us to the Heath, we seemed ok bar for a wrenched wrist and a gash on the knee, so declined.

When they were putting the shithouse in the police car he actually had a go at my missus, saying it was all her fault that he’d been arrested, she didn’t hold back with her response.

All that was in the bag was her mobile and make up, no cards, no cash. The phone was cancelled immediately but has cost me £100 on the excess on the insurance but she should have a new phone early next week.
    I hope you and wife are ok , sounds nasty

Hopefully they can pick up his pal and they can both do some bird time

The police have been marvellous, called to the house last night, a few phone calls this morning. Makes me think that there’s more to these crims than meets the eye. I reckon they’re involved in a few things and the police are out to nail them.

We were asked if we’d face them in court, of course we said yes. There’s no shortage of volunteers amongst our friends who are willing to pack the gallery and stare them out either.

Anyway, three points today please.

Sorry for posting twice, I’m boiling with anger inside and not quite with it.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I hope you and wife are ok , sounds nasty

Hopefully they can pick up his pal and they can both do some bird time
    I would have thought there’s a good chance the other one has a record and maybe has been in cahoots before with the one that was arrested. I suppose the main thing is that Splott Parker and his wife are alright, but, even though it’s getting near fifty years ago now, I remember how annoyed I was when my first car I had after passing my test was broken into when I parked in Sophia Gardens one night. That was nowhere near as bad as what happened yesterday, but it was still an awful feeling - there are some right bastards around.

That's OK buddy , it sounds like a cowardly attack

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I would have thought there’s a good chance the other one has a record and maybe has been in cahoots before with the one that was arrested. I suppose the main thing is that Splott Parker and his wife are alright, but, even though it’s getting near fifty years ago now, I remember how annoyed I was when my first car I had after passing my test was broken into when I parked in Sophia Gardens one night. That was nowhere near as bad as what happened yesterday, but it was still an awful feeling - there are some right bastards around.
    I got my car done twice in Canton during a city game, window smashed , tried to take radio and one morning was woken by the alarm and chased after the thing as it was being driven up the street .

It was found in Fairwater .

Annoying but as you say it's not an assault or a robbery with violence which is bad news

Sorry to hear about this SP.
    What the f are thing’s coming to
    I also noted in the media that the cowardly criminals frequently blame the victims for their actions /crimes

Glad to hear you and your wife are ok though

Awful experience for you and your missus Splott hope your both ok.

Utter scum. Probably get a fine or at best a few months which to these filth is just an occupational hazard.

Dear me Splott P. Hope you and Mrs SP are OK.

Sorry to have read this Splottie. That must have been a terrifying ordeal for both of you. I hope you both get over it quickly and that your day in court reaps reward.

I'm dedicating the three points we will win today to you and your better half 👍

Glad you're both alright anyway.

Absolute scum and although they seem to constantly get away with shop theft it seems the police can put more resources into robbery so hopefully will get caught and sentenced.

It's a shame in some ways there wasn't a card in there with limited funds in the account, you would have got the money back and the stupid twats usually show up on CCTV trying to use it.

I’m sorry to read about your ordeal SP.
    Hope that your Mrs and Yourself get justice.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    E-bike: Delivery rider beaten unconscious in knifepoint bike theft https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-66479325

Physical damage and loss is bad enough. Hope you both get over the psychological damage, too. Remember, there's more good people out there than bad. Random acts of kindness just don't make the headlines though.

There are some right lowlifes around, lower city rd by Newport rd and over towards splott is probably the most dodgy part of Cardiff these days in the evening. The sheer amount of half way houses and hostels mean there are always plenty of loons off on their little missions of no good.

Sorry to hear about your ordeal yesterday Splottie. I can understand your anger, and hope you and your good lady manage to get over it as soon as possible.
    On a side note, I’ve always thought that in instances like this, the guy that got caught, should get double the punishment if he refuses to identify his partner in crime.
    Absolute scum.

Sorry to get political but what pisses me off is the horrendously lenient sentences that offenders get for crimes like this when they get caught once in a blue moon if at all. Then you have former ministers like Rory Stewart calling for an end to short-term prison sentences because "sending people to prison on short sentences does not have any deterrent effect at all and is astonishingly expensive to the tax-payer".

Maybe it isn't a deterrent and is punitive but jeez, things like this should be.

You have organised looting in London at the moment and no doubt the vast majority will get away with it. You can’t blame poverty for being a ****.

We know there's not enough police officers so you can only blame them so much. However I do think the police aren't doing enough either.

The police have been marvellous, called to the house last night, a few phone calls this morning. Makes me think that there’s more to these crims than meets the eye. I reckon they’re involved in a few things and the police are out to nail them.

We were asked if we’d face them in court, of course we said yes. There’s no shortage of volunteers amongst our friends who are willing to pack the gallery and stare them out either.

Sorry to hear SP

I know 99% of people wouldn't get involved and it takes a good samataran or in your case a bit of luck with a off-duty police officer to actually do something.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    There are some right lowlifes around, lower city rd by Newport rd and over towards splott is probably the most dodgy part of Cardiff these days in the evening. The sheer amount of half way houses and hostels mean there are always plenty of loons off on their little missions of no good.
    I work in Roath and the increase in little toerags on bikes, ebikes and escooters with hoods up and scarves over their faces is incredible. You're right about the increase in social housing for youngsters and halfway houses in the area, there are incidents daily and police everywhere. Albany road is turning into a shithole, sadly

That's shocking SP.

Hope you are both not too badly shaken.

Take care