+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Women’s World Cup

Re: Women’s World Cup

I take it Engerland lost then. Shame but thank feck.

I seem to be in a minority here of people hoping that England would win.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    I thought it an excellent thrust into the opposition, she was desperate for the her player on her left to move into the space ahead thus releasing a forward ball, but the player was stationary frightened to go forward, as soon as Bronze went on the run, no one covered for her. Good game and for the football alone Spain deserved the win IMO but disappointed all the same.
    Football’s cruel, she picks out a team mate with a good pass from around the centre spot, everyone’s praising her, but it was one of those runs where the ball becomes less under control with every touch taken and, in essence, she ran into a Spanish trap - it reminded me of something from the school playground.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Football’s cruel, she picks out a team mate with a good pass from around the centre spot, everyone’s praising her, but it was one of those runs where the ball becomes less under control with every touch taken and, in essence, she ran into a Spanish trap - it reminded me of something from the school playground.
    Spanish traps in Waterhall/Cantonian? Whatever next?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Yep

We’ve had 1966 rammed down our throats for years by English blokes, imagine women joining in about 2023? They did well but God spared us.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    We’ve had 1966 rammed down our throats for years by English blokes, imagine women joining in about 2023? They did well but God spared us.
    I've never felt it was "rammed down my throat"
    . Honestly, it makes the Welsh seem so small-minded (which a lot are in my experience)

It's like we (Cardiff City fans) never talk about being the first club to take the English FA Cup outside of England. We never make any reference to 1927?

. Honestly, it makes the Welsh seem so small-minded (which a lot are in my experience)
    I don't think that wanting your neighbours to win at sport is small minded. I don't want England to win in football, although if they do l'm not really that bothered. This group of England players are alright as well, and Southgate seems like a decent bloke.

It's like we (Cardiff City fans) never talk about being the first club to take the English FA Cup outside of England. We never make any reference to 1927?
    I don't think that the two are comparable. Outside of Cardiff, actually, outside of being a City fan, nobody gives a shit.

Spanish Ladies looked so petite compared to the Ingerlund players.

Although thier keeper was big and dominant in her box .

Not good taking corners .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Spanish Ladies looked so petite compared to the Ingerlund players.

Although thier keeper was big and dominant in her box .

Not good taking corners[/B].
    Neither were the Spanish Armada.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't think that wanting your neighbours to win at sport is small minded. I don't want England to win in football, although if they do l'm not really that bothered. This group of England players are alright as well, and Southgate seems like a decent bloke.
    I think you meant to say... "I don't think that wanting your neighbours to LOSE at sport is small-minded", right?

I think you meant to say... "I don't think that wanting your neighbours to LOSE at sport is small-minded", right?
    Yeah, I did.

Strange relationship between the Spanish players and the coach. Amazing that they're world champions with that in the background. https://www.theguardian.com/football...ld-cup-triumph

Have you ever heard a commentary on an England tournament game where 1966 hasn’t been mentioned at least once? And, furthermore, this England squad (insert year, 1970, 1982, 1986, 1990 etc etc etc) are on course to ‘bring it home’, matching the 1966 heroes.

As for 1927, it’s compulsory that City fans continually harp on about it and equally compulsory that at least one of your passwords has ‘27 or 1927 in it. If not, never darken this messageboard’s doors again

Are Sheffield Wednesday fans small minded for wanting Sheffield United to fail. Do Everton fans admire Liverpool’s European Cups? Are Manchester United fans full of praise for Manchester City emulating their treble? Of course not, revelling in a neighbour’s misfortune is part and parcel of being, not just a football fan, but a sports fan in general.

Sunak can’t even get his tweet to the England team after the game right despite the The Thick of it type justification after the event.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...tulations-note

The Spanish Football Federation has announced the death of Olga Carmona's father.

The World Cup-winning captain learned of the news after the Women's World Cup final

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    The Spanish Football Federation has announced the death of Olga Carmona's father.

The World Cup-winning captain learned of the news after the Women's World Cup final
    That’s Heartbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Sunak can’t even get his tweet to the England team after the game right despite the The Thick of it type justification after the event.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...tulations-note
    '.they left nothing out there...' It's a comment I've heard used many of times - literally means they put in 100% effort. Why has the Guardian newspaper made a story about it?

I think the woman’s game would benefit from smaller pitches, smaller goalposts and a size 4 ball. I’m being serious, it’s all just out of proportion. There are women tees in golf because par is different for males and females.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    '.they left nothing out there...' It's a comment I've heard used many of times - literally means they put in 100% effort. Why has the Guardian newspaper made a story about it?
    The demand for offence usually exceeds the supply, so they have to make it up to drive up shares and advertising revenue.

I must admit, the phrase sounded right to me, and I am certain I have used it before, but perhaps not. Either way, it's a daft thing to get exercised about.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I think the woman’s game would benefit from smaller pitches, smaller goalposts and a size 4 ball. I’m being serious, it’s all just out of proportion. There are women tees in golf because par is different for males and females.
    It sounds like a reasonable suggestion but would be up to them to decide I guess. I have always thought men's goals could be made a little larger (an inch or two) just to reflect the fact people are getting taller.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Ive discussed this recently with a coach that used to be involved with the uswnt setup ( he coaches for a EFL team at the mo )

My idea was using the 11 V 11 Youth Goal posts, they are 21' X 7' ( instead of the 24' X 8' adults ) , imho no need to change the ball size or the pitch size

He didnt agree as he said the aim should be for the woman's game to catch up with the mens