+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dreadful atmosphere as usual

Re: Dreadful atmosphere as usual

Atmosphere won’t ever improve until the away fans are nearer to the home end

Song book is absolute tragic. Couldn’t tell you the last time I heard I’ll be there which is one of the only songs individual to us

It is a vicious circle as flat performance leads to flat crowd which leads to an ever flatter performance and so on

Bulut must have been shaking his head compared to his time in Turkey atmosphere wise

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Quite a few fans who are not season ticket holders and saw that performance today are going to have to be dragged back to watch any more games

As are plenty of season ticket holders

And several of the players

What a terrible advert for a new beginning at CCFC
    I was there with my son. Such a massive disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBirchgrovePub View Post
    Atmosphere won’t ever improve until the away fans are nearer to the home end

Song book is absolute tragic. Couldn’t tell you the last time I heard I’ll be there which is one of the only songs individual to us

It is a vicious circle as flat performance leads to flat crowd which leads to an ever flatter performance and so on

Bulut must have been shaking his head compared to his time in Turkey atmosphere wise
    I think the police and city council insisted that the main home end was not next to the away fans or there would be issues with granting a licence?

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    I was there with my son. Such a massive disappointment.
    Every club needs a winning side and of course we can't win every challenge and score with every chance but crap lifeless performances need to be few and far between

If I was a QPR fan and CCFC got a draw with a late goal I would have been pissed off big time

Quote Originally Posted by TheBirchgrovePub View Post
    I doubt it. For three of the four teams he managed in Turkey 5,000 was a bumper crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    1. Swap the Canton and the family. Not going to happen unfortunately with the current people in charge.

2. Bin off the crap drummer. Hinders the atmosphere more than it adds to it. Get a group of fans up on the gantry starting songs instead.

3. Add the rails to the entire Canton stand. Which I believe is in the plans anyways.

Those 3 in that order would be the most beneficial imo. Only no 3 will happen anytime soon I reckon.
    4. Most importantly, get the players to provide something on the pitch in the first seventy odd minutes of games to get supporters who want to back their team, like most do, engaged. All we’ve tended to have in the last three seasons is “grandstand finishes” which are nearly always unsuccessful in turning around a losing cause - you could tell it was going to be yet more of the usual dross at Cardiff City Stadium after about ten minutes yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    All this nonsense about drummers and swapping ends… We need a side with attitude that doesn’t allow a team in disarray to waltz around all first half without putting a glove on them and barely cross our own halfway line. 3 years of rubbish and still not putting in any effort until behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    Absolutely flat, 21000 fans and barely a noise all. Obviously the shit football didn't help but that's no excuse really. Im not sure what can be done to remedy it but im getting a bit ****ed off with being outsung by 500 away fans every other week
    Players set the tone, if Liverpool served up that kind of dross for three years on the trot the crowd reaction would be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I doubt it. For three of the four teams he managed in Turkey 5,000 was a bumper crowd.
    But probably made more noise than the fortress CCS

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Poor crowd today also.

We've got less season ticket holders than we ended last season with and no price increases etc. Very poor crowd really.

Mehmet was claiming we would "sell out" (exact quote) of season tickets due to the signings that were coming in. So where are they or did we see them produce that performance today?
    I think Dalman & Co, along with a sizeable chunk of our fans, really under-estimated how poor a squad we have and how much actually needs to be done to build one that can compete comfortably at this level. It's my old bugbear I know, but just compare our squad to others in the Championship. Probably 10 are out of sight, another 8 or 9 considerably better all round, and we're in the bottom 5 or 6. Who are worse ? Rotherham ? Sheffield Wednesday ? Certainly not QPR, who despite getting thumped last week look to have players who can move quickly, pass quickly, and look comfortable on the ball. They weren't great and probably will struggle to get close to mid table, but their players made ours look like waxworks.

Weve had plenty of fantastic atmospheres at the CCS.

Wales have fantastic atmospheres at the CCS.

The common theme is having a side that gets the crowd excited and wants to sing and get behind them.

Yesterday was so deflating a demoralising passive display and a defeat against a side who will do well to stay up. It was an extension of last season and probably worse than where we were.

If Bulut was shaking his head at the atmosphere then he can join the 21000 who were shaking their heads at his team and tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Does anyone like the drum? Anyone?
    There was no drum yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Weve had plenty of fantastic atmospheres at the CCS.

Wales have fantastic atmospheres at the CCS.

The common theme is having a side that gets the crowd excited and wants to sing and get behind them.

Yesterday was so deflating a demoralising passive display and a defeat against a side who will do well to stay up. It was an extension of last season and probably worse than where we were.

If Bulut was shaking his head at the atmosphere then he can join the 21000 who were shaking their heads at his team and tactics.
    Bulet wasn't shaking head in the interview I heard he said the crowd were fantastic and he was sorry the team didn't give the three points we wanted

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    That was the problem -
    Ramsey is several levels above the rest of the team, they're just not on his wavelength
    But Bulit surely must instruct one or two players to make runs over the half way line ?

It is odd though as before the game in the concourse it's like an away game under the canton stand. Lots of bouncing and singing. Decent variety of songs.

Then up in the stands everyone goes silent.

(Unless half the people never actually make it up to the stands which also wouldn't be a surprise).

QPR brought 1,068 according to official figures.

I know people like to sneer at Palace but their fans have done a great job creating an excellent atmosphere at a ground that was pretty quiet beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    I know people like to sneer at Palace but their fans have done a great job creating an excellent atmosphere at a ground that was pretty quiet beforehand.
    Do you think they'd be that excitable if they had to watch us every week?

It was quiet at times in the stadium yesterday, although it got much better towards the end when we were pressing and I thought the fans were being patient when things weren't going well, which actually isn't a bad thing is it - much better than getting on the players backs. The way I look at it is that the vast majority of people in the ground realised that this was only the second game of the season, coming off the back of a good result at Leeds and we are a work in progress with new players and a new manager. These are facts that are obviously totally lost on some people on here, who cant wait to write the team off. Also the ‘fan’ who was on the BBC Wales phone in after the game and who disgracefully rang in to specifically rubbish Aaron Ramsey and his abilities and stated that City should never have resigned him, could also do with reflecting on his attitude. A club can only be successful if everyone pulls in the same direction.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    It was quiet at times in the stadium yesterday, although it got much better towards the end when we were pressing and I thought the fans were being patient when things weren't going well, which actually isn't a bad thing is it - much better than getting on the players backs. The way I look at it is that the vast majority of people in the ground realised that this was only the second game of the season, coming off the back of a good result at Leeds and we are a work in progress with new players and a new manager. These are facts that are obviously totally lost on some people on here, who cant wait to write the team off. Also the ‘fan’ who was on the BBC Wales phone in after the game and who disgracefully rang in to specifically rubbish Aaron Ramsey and his abilities and stated that City should never have resigned him, could also do with reflecting on his attitude. A club can only be successful if everyone pulls in the same direction.
    Strange that because the vast majority of the people round me were dismayed at the lack of fight, the players going missing and the failure of the manager to do anything despite it being obvious to everyone what was going to happen after 10 minutes.

How many actual songs are sung at home games with actual words , one, which is the Ramsey one.

The other one is der, der-der der der der to Men of Harlech . I suppose the “battered wherever they go” may be banned now under the new charter.

https://youtu.be/wyz_2DEah4o

The guy who called Ramsey “mediocre” posted on here a few days ago , apparently on vacation from Cyprus.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    How many actual songs are sung at home games with actual words , one, which is the Ramsey one.

The other one is der, der-der der der der to Men of Harlech . I suppose the “battered wherever they go” may be banned now under the new charter.
    Somebody has already mentioned it but the Canton was in decent voice prior to kick off under the stand.

The trouble it seems that they then had any enthusiasm knocked out of them by the football.