+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dreadful atmosphere as usual

Re: Dreadful atmosphere as usual

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    21000 poor crowd.??? Its a brilliant crowd.

Theres a cost of living crisis and that many turn up after last seasons garbage only to witness worse if anything.
    And the season before that and the season before that.

I was amazed to hear that there were 21,000 there today. Given the standard of football on offer, that is pretty good. I wonder how many will turn up in a fortnight for the Sheff Wed game? And of course for the (now) ritual humiliation by the Jacks in September.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    Absolutely flat, 21000 fans and barely a noise all. Obviously the shit football didn't help but that's no excuse really. Im not sure what can be done to remedy it but im getting a bit ****ed off with being outsung by 500 away fans every other week
    It's been years of utter shit. Saw how much the atmosphere improved as soon as we had a decent attack.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    We really should be getting 25,000 plus for Ramsey’s first game.
    Nonsense. Aaron Ramsey’s a fine midfielder who’s had a very decent career, but he’s not some kind of a superstar. Never has been.

Those who believed Ramsey’s signing would result in thousands of additional fans buying season tickets and flocking through the turnstiles were deluded. I got shouted down on here for suggesting as much a while back, but the fact is he’s just not got that kind of a profile.

The last time we really had decent atmospheres at the stadium was during our last Premier league season.
    The hammering at the hands of Watford was decent, helped by the awful ref, as was the Chelsea game. Everton wasn't so great but we did ok against Liverpool partly because of the crowd.
    Was it the Warnock factor that helped, or the break and downturn in form and quality since covid that has killed off any really passionate crowds?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Nonsense. Aaron Ramsey’s a fine midfielder who’s had a very decent career, but he’s not some kind of a superstar. Never has been.

Those who believed Ramsey’s signing would result in thousands of additional fans buying season tickets and flocking through the turnstiles were deluded. I got shouted down on here for suggesting as much a while back, but the fact is he’s just not got that kind of a profile.
    Dalman perhaps doesn't agree he thought we would sell out whatever our capacity was on season tickets when the signings he had up his sleeve were revealed (he didn't know what the capacity was though).

With that in mind Surely tan and the board won't be happy crowds haven't increased and less season ticket holders now than we finished last season with?

Well that’s now becoming obvious to be fair and you were right on this. Most championship clubs have had an increase in support, I thought we would as well

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    We have the wrong mix of players playing too defensively. Ramsey tries to get things going but the midfield players around him are all defensively minded and are forever looking for backward passes. Nothing will change if/when Ralls returns as he is another of those type of players.
    We are desperate for one or two players with speed and directness to play off Ramsey
    Ralls is so much better than the rest of our midfielders. His return would make a difference. We still desperately need a centre midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    Maybe, but then you had 500 QPR fans whove watched absolute shit football for months, had a 4-0 hammering at home on the opening day and still made a great noise today.
    That's how football works. Same for all clubs. Just now Sky saying how quiet [50,000] Newcastle fans were. Modern football which is mainly possession-based means there are long, long spells where you could open a book and not miss anything.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    That's how football works. Same for all clubs. Just now Sky saying how quiet [50,000] Newcastle fans were. Modern football which is mainly possession-based means there are long, long spells where you could open a book and not miss anything.
    And for cardiff city that book could be war and peace. And you could start and finish it throughout the season and you wouldn't miss anything.

Well that’s now becoming obvious to be fair and you were right on this. Most championship clubs have had an increase in support, I thought we would as well
    If we keep up a support of around 20000 this season we will be exactly mid table in the attendances average

It could be worse but it's not great

To get crowds of 24 thousand on a regular basis I imagine we would have to be top six and giving the fans something worth watching

It's not great but it could be worse

I think having a wide open stadium of 32000 capacity really doesn't help

Drop under 20000 and the place looks desolated

The crowd for last season’s opener against Norwich (in better weather) was 19,969. Today’s attendance was 21,230. Given the tripe served up by the team last season, any increase is amazing.

What was our opening game gate last season ?

Was it Norwich ?

I think it was 19000 and they brought 1500 so to be fair today's crowd was an increase

The crowd for last season’s opener against Norwich (in better weather) was 19,969. Today’s attendance was 21,230. Given the tripe served up by the team last season, any increase is amazing.
    I think Norwich brought 1,440 last year against QPR’s 1,060 so it’s a very good increase

1. Swap the Canton and the family. Not going to happen unfortunately with the current people in charge.

2. Bin off the crap drummer. Hinders the atmosphere more than it adds to it. Get a group of fans up on the gantry starting songs instead.

3. Add the rails to the entire Canton stand. Which I believe is in the plans anyways.

Those 3 in that order would be the most beneficial imo. Only no 3 will happen anytime soon I reckon.

I went to Newcastle away in 1980 for a championship match (old div 2) and the crowd was just over 15 000. The return match at our place under 10 000

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    1. Swap the Canton and the family. Not going to happen unfortunately with the current people in charge.

2. Bin off the crap drummer. Hinders the atmosphere more than it adds to it. Get a group of fans up on the gantry starting songs instead.

3. Add the rails to the entire Canton stand. Which I believe is in the plans anyways.

Those 3 in that order would be the most beneficial imo. Only no 3 will happen anytime soon I reckon.
    Does anyone like the drum? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Bueller?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    21000 poor crowd.??? Its a brilliant crowd.

Theres a cost of living crisis and that many turn up after last seasons garbage only to witness worse if anything.
    I’m amazed we get so many fans after the last few years…if it wasn’t for a one season Warnock miracle in 2018 when was anything good?

Players crunching into tackles playing on the front foot pressing with intensity creating regular chances playing exciting attacking football that's what gets crowds going.

All this nonsense about drummers and swapping ends… We need a side with attitude that doesn’t allow a team in disarray to waltz around all first half without putting a glove on them and barely cross our own halfway line. 3 years of rubbish and still not putting in any effort until behind.

I didn’t think that the drummer was there today

I doubt anyone has the kind of profile that would get thousands more flocking to see us. As things stand we're a Championship side that has avoided relegation for the last two seasons.

No. We need a string quartet.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    No. We need a string quartet.
    Yeah, a bit of Mantovani never hurt anyone.