+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: League 1

League 1

Here we come!

Sorry to say.

Re: League 1

Two games is a bit early to be throwing the towel in. The signs so far are not especially encouraging, but let’s keep things in perspective. It’s only August 12th.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Here we come!

Sorry to say.
    I think everyone agrees we were atrocious today. As bad as under hudson.

However even with that we hit the bar twice and could have won.

Fine margins as lots of other very poor sides in this league. We are certainly one of them though and I couldn't believe the pre season optimism of great to see cardiff going for it etc..... I can't see it. I think it's a 3rd season in a row of around 18th.

Here we come!

Sorry to say.
    Shut up you pathetic gimp, have some faith. We are going up as the 2nd placed team.

Six pointer game coming up v Wednesday, in August!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    Shut up you pathetic gimp, have some faith. We are going up as the 2nd placed team.

It's the second game of the season, a little early for this

Here we come!

Sorry to say.
    It is too early to start jumping to conclusions like that, but I’ve thought all along that our truly atrocious home form in recent years had to be factored into any consideration of our prospects for the season and, in losing to what has probably been the poorest team in the Championship over the last ten months, we’ve suffered what could be a deeply damaging blow today.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It is too early to start jumping to conclusions like that, but I’ve thought all along that our truly atrocious home form in recent years had to be factored into any consideration of our prospects for the season and, in losing to what has probably been the poorest team in the Championship over the last ten months, we’ve suffered what could be a deeply damaging blow today.
    Today could have gone either way - Grant missed two close-in sitters, we hit the bar twice, and gave them one goal at least. Actually, for all the good comments about our draw at Leeds, I think that game showed our deficiencies more so - we just couldn't compete for 45 minutes, camped virtually on the edge of the penalty area. Will that be the same at Leicester, Norwich, Southampton, Watford, Coventry....

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Today could have gone either way - Grant missed two close-in sitters, we hit the bar twice, and gave them one goal at least. Actually, for all the good comments about our draw at Leeds, I think that game showed our deficiencies more so - we just couldn't compete for 45 minutes, camped virtually on the edge of the penalty area. Will that be the same at Leicester, Norwich, Southampton, Watford, Coventry....
    My thoughts exactly. For 45 mins we couldn't compete with mighty Leeds who lost to Birmingham today. and who had one shot on target in the full 90 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    We were garbage today against a poor team.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    I noticed you managed to get a 'smiley' emoji from another poster. Personally, I dislike posts like this.

the negativity on here tonight is off the richter scale !

we have just employed not just a new Manager but a complete new back room staff in the process

The Manager has cobbled up a number of loan signings to help us compete in this league

a great point at Leeds and with a bit of luck could have got a point today

lets not throw in the towel just yet

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    the negativity on here tonight is off the richter scale !

we have just employed not just a new Manager but a complete new back room staff in the process

The Manager has cobbled up a number of loan signings to help us compete in this league

a great point at Leeds and with a bit of luck could have got a point today

lets not throw in the towel just yet
    People aren't throwing in the towel, just frustrated at a crap performance that resembled most over the last couple of years despite all the new faces.

Im not sure I saw the same game as some on here ( and on the Call Rob radio show, dont normally listen to that, is it always as negative ? ? )

1st 30 mins were we not great, but neither were QPR

1st goal they scored, Should have never have been robbed like that, 2nd goal, you have to win that slide tackle or at least bring the player down, dont let them skip past you

we hit the crossbar twice, had a few a very decent chances

Rambo looked like he was 100% committed to win, Ollie came on and as ive said in the past, he is exciting, he runs at players

on another day, we have won this game, and we would be thinking everything is good

I came away discussing it with my 2 daughters and it was all positive and I stand by that

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Im not sure I saw the same game as some on here ( and on the Call Rob radio show, dont normally listen to that, is it always as negative ? ? )

1st 30 mins were we not great, but neither were QPR

1st goal they scored, Should have never have been robbed like that, 2nd goal, you have to win that slide tackle or at least bring the player down, dont let them skip past you

we hit the crossbar twice, had a few a very decent chances

Rambo looked like he was 100% committed to win, Ollie came on and as ive said in the past, he is exciting, he runs at players

on another day, we have won this game, and we would be thinking everything is good

I came away discussing it with my 2 daughters and it was all positive and I stand by that
    I listened to the game on Radio Wales with Rob and Iwan Roberts while I was at the Welsh Fire with Mrs HaB and my boy.

Iwan Roberts was of the opinion that QPR were much the better side early on and deserved to be in front. He was critical of us being on the back foot and giving QPR too much respect and time on the ball. It wasn't until we scored that we actually took the game to them. That's unforgiveable at home. He also questioned Grant's position on the wing.

It won’t change overnight. Patience required but i feel our fans won’t abide by that

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I listened to the game on Radio Wales with Rob and Iwan Roberts while I was at the Welsh Fire with Mrs HaB and my boy.

Iwan Roberts was of the opinion that QPR were much the better side early on and deserved to be in front. He was critical of us being on the back foot and giving QPR too much respect and time on the ball. It wasn't until we scored that we actually took the game to them. That's unforgiveable at home. He also questioned Grant's position on the wing.
    Accurate and not even the complete story! The players looked like they’d just met, with sideways passing, no pace and again (like Wednesday) some poor decision making when a pass should be made - either too late, to the wrong person or holding on to the ball and losing possession.
    It was shambolic stuff.

Iwan Roberts got it spot on then.

Just like the Haaland thread keeps being brought back to life every time he scores, I’d like to see the same with this one.
    Imo, we’ll be no where near the relegation places at the end of the season.

44 games left FFS.
    Who ever suggested that we would get 110 points.
    The first month's fixtures you can forget.
    QPR and reading were top this time last year.
    Id rather find our feet and lose a couple of games now.

For a team who had just lost 4-0 at home the clear message should have been to get at them straight from the kick off and try to get an early goal, which may have seen them heir heads drop.
    It was the exact opposite. We stood off them tried to play possession football in defensive areas and had no forward play at all.
    QPR played themselves into the game because we were so negative and so poor.
    I really want Bulit to succeed but he must try a few changes aimed at getting the team going forward and playing on the front foot.
    A bit early but perhaps Tanner and Robinson could come in and Bowler get away from hugging the touchline and for most part, out of the game.

International

Playing the ball out from the back we make mistakes every single game, most of the goals we've conceded are from our own players making good passes to opposing players, will we ever be able to play the ball out from defence?

Trollope tried, Morrison tried, and both were gone by Christmas, will Bulut be any different?

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    44 games left FFS.
    Who ever suggested that we would get 110 points.
    The first month's fixtures you can forget.
    QPR and reading were top this time last year.
    Id rather find our feet and lose a couple of games now.
    I'd rather we found our feet and not get completely out fought and and out thought for 75 minutes against a fellow relegation candidate.

We will lose against Leicester almost certainly. The Sheffield Wednesday game then becomes absolutely massive already due to the 3 we have following. Lose to Leicester and Wednesday and this will get out of hand early doors.

I agree we make mistakes but we don't have a target man who can hold the ball up or flick it on to a teammate to go long