+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: League 1

Re: League 1

Yesterday was a massive blow. It doesn't get much easier than a Gareth Ainsworth QPR at home. But it's the fact that we were not even in the game for 60+ minutes. How does that happen? The first home game. Ramsey homecoming. The so called positivity. The "higher quality" players. I'm genuinely shocked at the performance.

Bulut says he chooses performances over names. If Grant starts against Leicester then he's another manager feeding us bullshit.

Still...no towel throwing over here. Just a little dummy spitting.

I'm still too angry to comment. I can't remember the last time I felt like this. But as has been said, it's early doors and the transfer window is not closed. But seriously, what the ****?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Im not sure I saw the same game as some on here ( and on the Call Rob radio show, dont normally listen to that, is it always as negative ? ? )

1st 30 mins were we not great, but neither were QPR

1st goal they scored, Should have never have been robbed like that, 2nd goal, you have to win that slide tackle or at least bring the player down, dont let them skip past you

we hit the crossbar twice, had a few a very decent chances

Rambo looked like he was 100% committed to win, Ollie came on and as ive said in the past, he is exciting, he runs at players

on another day, we have won this game, and we would be thinking everything is good

I came away discussing it with my 2 daughters and it was all positive and I stand by that
    We need a striker or 2 - otherwise we can look forward to tippy tappy side passes all season. Bulut was right in his summary.

Wow, I'm glad we're not being managed by some of the defeatists on this board. Our deficiencies are plain to see but we've played just 2 league games with a new manager and new players and with more recruits on the horizon. Be disappointed yes but to throw in the towel after a single defeat is plain ridiculous.

Nobody is throwing in the towel on anything. But equally does anyone think we have a stronger squad than last season - when other than for points deductions we’d have been down?

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Nobody is throwing in the towel on anything. But equally does anyone think we have a stronger squad than last season - when other than for points deductions we’d have been down?
    I think this squad is stronger than last season's squad and I think it'll be even stronger before the transfer window shuts.

That's what makes yesterday's performance so upsetting.

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'm still too angry to comment. I can't remember the last time I felt like this. But as has been said, it's early doors and the transfer window is not closed. But seriously, what the ****?
    Most of last season ?

I thought that was just what the OP was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Im not sure I saw the same game as some on here ( and on the Call Rob radio show, dont normally listen to that, is it always as negative ? ? )

1st 30 mins were we not great, but neither were QPR

1st goal they scored, Should have never have been robbed like that, 2nd goal, you have to win that slide tackle or at least bring the player down, dont let them skip past you

we hit the crossbar twice, had a few a very decent chances

Rambo looked like he was 100% committed to win, Ollie came on and as ive said in the past, he is exciting, he runs at players

on another day, we have won this game, and we would be thinking everything is good

I came away discussing it with my 2 daughters and it was all positive and I stand by that
    I agree with that....we just need more self belief...as someone else posted...maybe a sports psychologist....?

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    I agree with that....we just need more self belief...as someone else posted...maybe a sports psychologist....?
    I think we'd be better off employing someone to lift the curse on our team.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I think we'd be better off employing someone to lift the curse on our team.
    The Exorcist ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Two games is a bit early to be throwing the towel in. The signs so far are not especially encouraging, but let’s keep things in perspective. It’s only August 12th.
    Have you somehow forgotten the last few seasons? The rot has been set a while