+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Inverted full backs

Inverted full backs

Looks so easy when man city do it doesnt it? Bet it has worked really well in training and on the tactics board.

However on the pitch i thought it made us look even worse (if that was possible).

O dowdas man was always in acres of space and ng looked like hed never seen a football before. 2 players i like so not their fault individually but if thats the way we are going to go then we are going to concede a lot of goals this season- particularly at home on the counter attack.

Re: Inverted full backs

Part of the problem going forward seemed to be that Bowler and Grant also like to cut inside (well, I have no idea what Grant was trying to do but in theory he's more of a forward than a winger) - looked much better with O'Dowda and Tanner who are both more out and out wingers and stuck to making runs in the wide areas.

Defensively, agreed that seems like it leaves a lot to be desired. Not helped by the fact that Goutas and McGuinness look so vulnerable with players running at them, O'Dowda isn't a defender and Ng just had a stinker.