+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The truth, or throwing his players under a bus?

The truth, or throwing his players under a bus?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rdiff-27510320

I write a little about this with relation to our play at Cardiff City Stadium in my blog piece, I think the former applies much more than the latter regarding the question I ask in the thread title.

Re: The truth, or throwing his players under a bus?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rdiff-27510320

I write a little about this with relation to our play at Cardiff City Stadium in my blog piece, I think the former applies much more than the latter regarding the question I ask in the thread title.
    I would agree with the negative mindset. We have two decent full backs in Ng and O’Dowda but they both receive passes, check and play backwards. They need to change that mindset immediately as we are assisting the opposition to pressurise our defenders into mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I would agree with the negative mindset. We have two decent full backs in Ng and O’Dowda but they both receive passes, check and play backwards. They need to change that mindset immediately as we are assisting the opposition to pressurise our defenders into mistakes
    Two decent fullbacks - lol

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Our players don't always want the ball and it seems are more concerned about 'what happens if we lose possession' than keeping the ball and being attack minded.

One microcosm of that was when we had a throw-in inside our own half and nobody was making themselves available, Adams was even marking one of their players!

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Our players don't always want the ball and it seems are more concerned about 'what happens if we lose possession' than keeping the ball and being attack minded.

One microcosm of that was when we had a throw-in inside our own half and nobody was making themselves available, Adams was even marking one of their players!
    YES!

This is so true.

It's like we're already thinking of where to be and what to do when we inevitably lose the ball. Instead of, you know, doing something with the ball.