+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New band leader and members, but the song remains the same at Cardiff City Stadium.

New band leader and members, but the song remains the same at Cardiff City Stadium.

Cardiff City Stadium welcome mat put out to visitors yet again.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Re: New band leader and members, but the song remains the same at Cardiff City Stadium.

Thanks.

I was expecting Goutas to be a towering presence alongside the 'junior' McGuiness. So far he seems to be almost invisible. I think the last time City were on the front foot at home from the start was under Morison.

Re: New band leader and members, but the song remains the same at Cardiff City Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Thanks.

I was expecting Goutas to be a towering presence alongside the 'junior' McGuiness. So far he seems to be almost invisible. I think the last time City were on the front foot at home from the start was under Morison.
    I did think of the Forest game when Hugill scored on five minutes on his debut, that was under Morison wasn’t it? I’d agree that’s the best I can remember in the last three seasons, but I suppose I was thinking more of a game when you could say in the first twenty minutes, as opposed to the last twenty by which the time we’re losing, that a City goal was coming - when have we had a period of sustained pressure in the first half of a game in the last three seasons? I remember thinking we should have been two or three in front at the break against Blackpool last season, but that’s the only one which comes to mind for me.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I did think of the Forest game when Hugill scored on five minutes on his debut, that was under Morison wasn’t it? I’d agree that’s the best I can remember in the last three seasons, but I suppose I was thinking more of a game when you could say in the first twenty minutes, as opposed to the last twenty by which the time we’re losing, that a City goal was coming - when have we had a period of sustained pressure in the first half of a game in the last three seasons? I remember thinking we should have been two or three in front at the break against Blackpool last season, but that’s the only one which comes to mind for me.
    The Birmingham home game early last season was one City dominated from the off. It finished 1-0, but the winning margin should have been much bigger and City could have scored a couple before Philogene netted the winner on 17 minutes.

It should be a stairway to heaven

But it's a black dog

It's early days for the current version of Cardiff City but you're right, the signs are that things haven't changed despite the efforts to do so. If that's the case, why, and how does it change?
    Maybe at home we should just go for it from the kick-off, accept that we might concede but hope we "score one more than you"?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It should be a stairway to heaven

But it's a black dog
    I think it should be sung by Eric Burdon: it's "I wanna get out of this place'

Thanks Bob.
    Lack of intensity, nervousness, passivity, fear, lack of belief, acceptance of the inevitable .....apart from a few better footballers, what I think this team needs most of all is a screaming, up and at em, dominating, win at all costs, take no nonsense, hard, tough captain placed right in the heart of that massive gaping hole we currently label as our midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by John Buchanan View Post
    Thanks Bob.
    Lack of intensity, nervousness, passivity, fear, lack of belief, acceptance of the inevitable .....apart from a few better footballers, what I think this team needs most of all is a screaming, up and at em, dominating, win at all costs, take no nonsense, hard, tough captain placed right in the heart of that massive gaping hole we currently label as our midfield.
    Absolutely. And ramsey never has been that player.

Desperately need someone to cover grass and impose themselves on the oppposition. Lets not get bullied first- then we will see what skill we have but first of all lets not get bullied so easily. Thats in all areas of the pitch. We are soft as shite.