+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Just watching motd

Just watching motd

Whatever people say the quality of the premier league is so so good. The teams are so quick moving the ball and direct. Even teams like forest and brighton.

Such a contrast to yesterday and the past few seasons.

It feels strange we were pushing for that league at one time. While we have never been able to compete in it we seem a zillion miles away from it now.

International

Re: Just watching motd

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Whatever people say the quality of the premier league is so so good. The teams are so quick moving the ball and direct. Even teams like forest and brighton.

Such a contrast to yesterday and the past few seasons.

It feels strange we were pushing for that league at one time. While we have never been able to compete in it we seem a zillion miles away from it now.
    Newcastle looked a different level and will probably still only finish fourth or fifth.

Luton looked like a parks team up against a weakened Brighton that has sold £300 million worth of players in the last year.

It's most noticeable when you think we were a big player in this league not that long ago.

I know we got a point at Leeds but second half there looked a good league between us.

Speed of thought is such an issue for us, we play so slowly. Number of times Saturday you look (granted from my elevated position) and think release it now, now, now then another full second later the ball is played or often, not at all.

When we sped things up late on we looked ok, but the damage is done and QPR well happy to sit on what they had.

It's a totally different level, but I think a 3-4 minute highlights package of many teams in our division, could make many of them look like world beaters.

It’s almost like they are playing a completely different sport.

They are a bunch of diving cheating ponces

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    It’s almost like they are playing a completely different sport.
    I often think exactly this - the Premier League and the Championship are almost like different sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I often think exactly this - the Premier League and the Championship are almost like different sports.
    I remember a West Ham side that despite having three World Cup winners in their ranks (although the three didn’t figure against us) very often languished in the First Division’s bottom half. We played them in the two legged semi final of the League Cup in 1965, they battered us 5-1 down here and 5-2 at the Boleyn Ground. The top division has always been a huge cut above the second tier.

Who cares, we are ere born to struggle and moan, if it was happy chappy successful footy CCMB could struggle with too much happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I remember a West Ham side that despite having three World Cup winners in their ranks (although the three didn’t figure against us) very often languished in the First Division’s bottom half. We played them in the two legged semi final of the League Cup in 1965, they battered us 5-1 down here and 5-2 at the Boleyn Ground. The top division has always been a huge cut above the second tier.
    Do you think that the gulf between the top two divisions has got bigger since then? I suspect that the gap has increased significantly since Sky Tv turned up and seems to be accelerating.

Do you think that the gulf between the top two divisions has got bigger since then? I suspect that the gap has increased significantly since Sky Tv turned up and seems to be accelerating.
    The Sky money has enabled teams not only to buy the best players and coaches, that overseas teams can't afford, but also to make massive investments in training facilities and backroom staff. Stuff that most teams below the Prem have no chance of competing with them.

VAR given the first decision of the season to one of the big clubs then. How on earth is that not the clearest penalty you have ever seen.

The influx of overseas players has improved the top division particularly but had the deluge not happened many second tier British born players would be top tier players nowadays. The standard has improved throughout the divisions. Prior to the Premier League the titles were still dominated by the ‘big’ clubs. Liverpool just prior to the year that ‘football began’, Arsenal have been the club that’s always knocked around at the top, certainly since the ‘30s. If anything, it’s the elite that have pulled away further and are playing a different ‘sport’.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    VAR given the first decision of the season to one of the big clubs then. How on earth is that not the clearest penalty you have ever seen.
    Legitimised cheating. Always has been , always will be.

Remember Rooney booted on of our players up in the air as he charged down the wing right in front of the referee?

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    I assume it was a nailed on penalty ?

United fans from London, Canada and Ireland are on some feckwit YouTube show out doing each other in the asshole competition

Can't they realise what utter tits they appear ?

Another reason why the Premier League is a load of bollocks

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    The Sky money has enabled teams not only to buy the best players and coaches, that overseas teams can't afford, but also to make massive investments in training facilities and backroom staff. Stuff that most teams below the Prem have no chance of competing with them.
    Looking at the chasm now, funny to think Brighton and Newcastle were promoted to the PL the season before us.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Looking at the chasm now, funny to think Brighton and Newcastle were promoted to the PL the season before us.
    I still say we were better than Brighton, but we left ourselves with too much to do after a first three months of the season where we were in “plucky little Cardiff” mode amid talk of it being a miracle that we were playing at that level.

Leicester may prove to be an exception because they should never have been relegated with their squad, but the record of sides that come down in general tends to suggest that the gap between the top of the Championship and the bottom of the Premier League isn’t that huge - both Norwich and Watford were mediocre teams last season.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I assume it was a nailed on penalty ?
    Not often I agree Sludge....100% penalty!!! Looks like the referee top man have apologised hey got it wrong and it should have been a penalty.
    I am sure Gary O'Neil feels better......but it doesn't alter the points situation. Wolves by far the better side. I was impressed.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I still say we were better than Brighton, but we left ourselves with too much to do after a first three months of the season where we were in “plucky little Cardiff” mode amid talk of it being a miracle that we were playing at that level.

Leicester may prove to be an exception because they should never have been relegated with their squad, but the record of sides that come down in general tends to suggest that the gap between the top of the Championship and the bottom of the Premier League isn’t that huge - both Norwich and Watford were mediocre teams last season.
    Sky sports pundits tipped Burnley, Sheff U and Luton to come back down, except Neville with Bournemouth instead of Burnley.

I would say Burnley will stay up but the other two will surely be straight down.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Sky sports pundits tipped Burnley, Sheff U and Luton to come back down, except Neville with Bournemouth instead of Burnley.

I would say Burnley will stay up but the other two will surely be straight down.
    Yes I agree, but even I was agreeing with the usual “it’s a crap league this year” messages about the Championship- I would say it was the weakest it’d been in quite some time. Burnley to stay up for me as well, not sure at who's expense though.

Would have said Wolves until last night but they looked very good and unlucky not to get the 3 points, O’Neill is a very streetwise manager and can’t believe Bournemouth got rid of him.

Everton could be back in it again, and I still think West Ham have a very weak squad.