+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Players who left City in the summer

Players who left City in the summer

Jaden Philogene came on as an 87th-minute sub for Aston Villa in their 5-1 Premier League defeat at Newcastle yesterday.

Cedric Kipre played the full 90 minutes for West Brom as they beat Swansea 3-2 in the Championship.

Mark Harris scored his first goal for Oxford United in League One as they beat Carlisle 1-0.

Max Watters provided the assist for Barnsley's goal in their 1-1 at Bristol Rovers, but he was subbed on 59 minutes (no surprise there).

Tom Sang played 64 minutes for Port Vale as they beat Reading 1-0.

Gavin Whyte played 74 minutes for Portsmouth as they recorded an impressive 4-0 victory at Leyton Orient.

Sory Kaba's side FC Midtjylland kick off at 1pm today in the Danish Superliga. He's made 2 (+4) appearances for them so far this season, scoring one goal.

Connor Wickham is currently without a club.

Re: Players who left City in the summer

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Gavin Whyte played 74 minutes for Portsmouth as they recorded an impressive 4-0 victory at Leyton Orient.
    "Man of the match Gavin Whyte sent in a cross from wide on the right, Orient debutant keeper Sam Howes hesitated, allowing the unchallenged Bishop to head into the net.

Orient's plight increased on 51 minutes when Whyte sent in a teasing cross that Orient skipper Beckles turned past Howes."

Whyte has always been decent in league one.

Kipre was a great loan signing and is missed.

Philogene was brilliant second half of the season but I seem to remember a lot of people were writing him off for quite a few weeks.

Jaden Philogene came on as an 87th-minute sub for Aston Villa in their 5-1 Premier League defeat at Newcastle yesterday.

Cedric Kipre played the full 90 minutes for West Brom as they beat Swansea 3-2 in the Championship.

Mark Harris scored his first goal for Oxford United in League One as they beat Carlisle 1-0.

Max Watters provided the assist for Barnsley's goal in their 1-1 at Bristol Rovers, but he was subbed on 59 minutes (no surprise there).

Tom Sang played 64 minutes for Port Vale as they beat Reading 1-0.

Sory Kaba's side FC Midtjylland kick off at 1pm today in the Danish Superliga. He's made 2 (+4) appearances for them so far this season, scoring one goal.

Connor Wickham is currently without a club.

It's forever in his contract, I swear!

Mark Harris scoring again tonight

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    At Derby, where he's up against the likes of Nelson, Collins and Mendez-Laing.

I note Watters is in the Barnsley starting line-up again tonight. 66 minutes gone and he hasn't been subbed yet. Extraordinary scenes.

I note Watters is in the Barnsley starting line-up again tonight. 66 minutes gone and he hasn't been subbed yet. Extraordinary scenes.
    He was hooked on 68 minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Philogene was brilliant second half of the season but I seem to remember a lot of people were writing him off for quite a few weeks.
    Philogene was totally ineffective until the run in last season.
    Somebody said that he looked like a street footballer and I’d agree.

Thankfully he started simplifying things, made better decisions and and helped us out at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    ...and another. Nice goal too.

And another for Harris at Derby! Prolific in League One.

Two good finishes from Harris, he always looked like one who could go on a run with some confidence. It was a good move for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    He scored a great goal which proved to be the winner against Rotherham in October. That proved invaluable. He'd also scored the winner against Birmingham in August. He was inconsistent, but far from totally ineffective before the run-in.

I look forward to the Mark Harris threads when hes got 10 goals by October.🤣

Thankfully he started simplifying things, made better decisions and and helped us out at the end of the season.
    That was me and I said I've seen better Alliance league players than him.

He was gash apart from a handful of games toward the end of the season and people started wanking over him.

He was useless and anyone willing to pay him thousands of pounds a week wants their head read.

He scored a great goal which proved to be the winner against Rotherham in October. That proved invaluable. He'd also scored the winner against Birmingham in August. He was inconsistent, but far from totally ineffective before the run-in.
    Ok, inconsistent then.

You have to factor in the World Cup break of course but his next league goal was in April in the loss to Swansea and a goal in the 2-0 win against Bristol City.
    One assist all season in the home defeat against Huddersfield.

Stats don’t tell the whole story, but for me he wasn’t much cop until the latter part of the season when he was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I look forward to the Mark Harris threads when hes got 10 goals by October.��
    Most could see Sparky would score goals, his work rate was great and with a good work rate goals normally come in the end

Stats don’t tell the whole story, but for me he wasn’t much cop until the latter part of the season when he was excellent.
    He was rubbish.

At Derby, where he's up against the likes of Nelson, Collins and Mendez-Laing.

Lol!

Watched Portsmouth vs Exeter tonight in League One
    It was garbage

Pack stood out as one of a very few footballers on the field

The Exeter sub striker was a decent player Nombe or something or other

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Watched Portsmouth vs Exeter tonight in League One
    It was garbage

Pack stood out as one of a very few footballers on the field

The Exeter sub striker was a decent player Nombe or something or other
    I like pack

He gets stuck in

Ok, inconsistent then.

You have to factor in the World Cup break of course but his next league goal was in April in the loss to Swansea and a goal in the 2-0 win against Bristol City.
    One assist all season in the home defeat against Huddersfield.

He had an assist for O'Dowda's goal against Wigan the week after he scored against Leeds in the cup, he also scored at Rotherham in the rained off game. A bit hot and cold but overall he did well for us, good luck to him.

I disagree, he was in very good form around the time we won at Sunderland on bonfire night, but then suffered an injury which seemed do set him back a bit and, like the rest of the team, his form was poor around the turn of the year. By the end of the season, he was playing well enough to make his current breakthrough into Villa’s senior squad less of a surprise - he was a good loan signing who, on the evidence so far, we haven’t been able to match yet, Bowler looked like the 22/23 version of him, rather than 21/22 one, on Saturday.

Yeah forget the fact that Unai Emery has him in and around the first team squad for a Villa team that finished in the top 8 last year, some bloke on the Cardiff City forum reckons he’s shit, that’s enough for me!

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Yeah forget the fact that Unai Emery has him in and around the first team squad for a Villa team that finished in the top 8 last year, some bloke on the Cardiff City forum reckons he’s shit, that’s enough for me!
    I like your thinking young man! Some bloke on the Cardiff City forum always knows more than a Premier League manager. Always! Every time!

Thank feck Bulut has seen through Shey Ojo and has offloaded him to a Belgian club on loan - hopefully he’ll see out his contract there and never play for us again 😆😆😆😆😆👍