+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We don't look like a team and havnt done for many years

We don't look like a team and havnt done for many years

Very weak underbelly

A solid centre back and a captain marvel midfielder in the kav mould to bark out instructions

Too many players going missing or simply not putting in a shift which is unacceptable

I think you can be OK in this division with a hard working side boosted by one or two flair players

Hopefully the gaffer has seen what he has in the two games so far isn't going to see us pulling up trees

I think we must all be concerned that when the pressure is on CCFC has bottled it time and time again

Surely we have to be working on that mentality behind the scenes

Re: We don't look like a team and havnt done for many years

You say not putting in a shift but I just don't see the quality there.

Leeds they put 100% in.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Very weak underbelly

A solid centre back and a captain marvel midfielder in the kav mould to bark out instructions

Too many players going missing or simply not putting in a shift which is unacceptable

I think you can be OK in this division with a hard working side boosted by one or two flair players

Hopefully the gaffer has seen what he has in the two games so far isn't going to see us pulling up trees

I think we must all be concerned that when the pressure is on CCFC has bottled it time and time again

Starting to wonder if Wintle is too weak? Maybe he just looked good as all the others were so poor. We need Ralls back it would seem.
    Surely having Ramsey can’t be a negative in that he’s streets head of the others around him who appear clueless?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Starting to wonder if Wintle is too weak? Maybe he just looked good as all the others were so poor. We need Ralls back it would seem.
    Surely having Ramsey can’t be a negative in that he’s streets head of the others around him who appear clueless?
    Wintle is weak, slow and negative. A team that already struggles to attack particularly on the counter is having the tempo dictated by a bad impression of Sergio Busquets.

Hopefully Ralls can come back fit and stay that way very soon and this new midfielder can replace Wintle.

Wintle looks like he's a puppet on strings being controlled from above. Does he ever tackle, because he certainly can't pass..

He's not going to carry us through and that's what we need

I think he's a useful player but not dominant and has no flair to his game

A solid performer who would be ok if we had something better around him

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Wintle is weak, slow and negative. A team that already struggles to attack particularly on the counter is having the tempo dictated by a bad impression of Sergio Busquets.

Hopefully Ralls can come back fit and stay that way very soon and this new midfielder can replace Wintle.
    Who's he ?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    You say not putting in a shift but I just don't see the quality there.

Leeds they put 100% in.
    Going to Leeds and getting a point is great

But very poor the next game is not acceptable

Any team can (almost) get away with a backs to the wall display where virtually nothing other than keeping out the opposition is required. When the performance requires some get up and go we are found wanting continuously.

Jesus wept give them more than 2 games to gel. There’s about 6 new starters in the team and a new management team.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Jesus wept give them more than 2 games to gel. There’s about 6 new starters in the team and a new management team.
    I think that side needs 3 or 4 new faces or it's not going to gel at all

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Any team can (almost) get away with a backs to the wall display where virtually nothing other than keeping out the opposition is required. When the performance requires some get up and go we are found wanting continuously.
    Don't dominate games

Havnt done that since warnock took us up

Very weak underbelly

Forget about a weak underbelly, most successful teams have a strong spine to them, with a commanding central defender, central midfielder and centre forward. At present we have none of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Forget about a weak underbelly, most successful teams have a strong spine to them, with a commanding central defender, central midfielder and centre forward. At present we have none of those things.
    Brian Clough School Of Management

I think we will be fine up front

Very weak underbelly

We have always been bottlers. It shouldn’t come as a surprise to any long term supporter - there is a long history of it (the 4-4 at Peterborough, the 6-0 thrashing at Preston, losing 5-1 at Sheffield United in 1971, throwing away the league championship in 1924 by actually missing a penalty, ensuring that we are the closest ever runners up). It is a maddening as it is sad.

I don’t recall us being like that under Warnock but I might be wrong.

It is one of the characteristics that defines the club which is incredibly depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    We have always been bottlers. It shouldn’t come as a surprise to any long term supporter - there is a long history of it (the 4-4 at Peterborough, the 6-0 thrashing at Preston, losing 5-1 at Sheffield United in 1971, throwing away the league championship in 1924 by actually missing a penalty, ensuring that we are the closest ever runners up). It is a maddening as it is sad.

I don’t recall us being like that under Warnock but I might be wrong.

It is one of the characteristics that defines the club which is incredibly depressing.
    The fact you highlight four instances of us being bottlers over a period of 100 years indicates you're being rather selective Bobby ! Don't you think practically every fan in the country could say the same about their team ?

There have been occasions quite recently when we've been 3-0 down away and battled back for a point (Leeds and Stoke). Plus we had a very high pressure game at home to Leeds during our last promotion campaign and won. Not to mention the semi finals of the FA and League Cups, both of which we got through. So yes, I do believe you are being selective in your judgement of the club.

International

Next batch

Leicester away
    Wednesday home
    Birmingham away
    Ipswich away
    Swansea home

How many points ?
    3 if we are lucky at home to Wednesday?
    Based on the last two games, and gifting teams two goals a game.

Then it's Coventry home
    Sunderland away.

Very worrying!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Next batch

Leicester away Lose (team shouldn't be judged unless it's a hammering)
    Wednesday home Draw
    Birmingham away Lose
    Ipswich away Lose
    Swansea home Win

How many points ?
    That would be 5 points from a possible 18 in our first 6 games and out of the cup. Bulut could end up on ice very quickly.

The fact you highlight four instances of us being bottlers over a period of 100 years indicates you're being rather selective Bobby ! Don't you think practically every fan in the country could say the same about their team ?

There have been occasions quite recently when we've been 3-0 down away and battled back for a point (Leeds and Stoke). Plus we had a very high pressure game at home to Leeds during our last promotion campaign and won. Not to mention the semi finals of the FA and League Cups, both of which we got through. So yes, I do believe you are being selective in your judgement of the club.
    Remind me again who lost the league championship by the closest ever margin?

You DO realise that these aren’t coincidences, don’t you? Just like Man Utd winning so many games late on and England not winning a major tournament since 1966. That isn’t luck or selective judgement.

Ignore the facts if you want.

We have an experienced manager who is new to the league. Inverted fullbacks probably looked good on the chalk board but in reality relying on NG to be the spare man in midfield against championship midfeilders is a non starter.

There was a gaping hole in midfield on Saturday, Wintle was static, Adams isn't a passer, and the wide boys up top held their position, but so did the full-backs who didn't know what to do in the heat of battle.

Unless we get serious upgrades in, this is a 442 diamond squad, so the manager should forget any fancy dan Pep ideas and win the middle, let the full backs give width and play two up top as none of our squad are lone strikers....

You DO realise that these aren’t coincidences, don’t you? Just like Man Utd winning so many games late on and England not winning a major tournament since 1966. That isn’t luck or selective judgement.

Having re-read your post, you reminded me: what happened again in the League Cup Final penalty shoot out, when Liverpool missed their first two penalties? We did well to get to penalties but......bottled it - you can never rely on Cardiff City when the chips are down.

What facts ? We missed a penalty a hundred years ago so we're deemed bottlers for eternity. As William Shatner would say, "Weird or What?"

England have not won a major tournament since 1966 because they have not been good enough and if it wasn't a home tournament they wouldn't have won that either. The reason they're performing better now is because they have better players, the coaching has improved and the players actually want to play for their country. It's not rocket science.

Man Utd's team was superior and other teams knew it, so they had a psychological edge going into matches. Late goals were a consequence of the opposition's lack of belief they could hold out for a point and Man Utd's forcefulness, especially at home. So no, it's not coincidence, it's just the bleedin' obvious.

Huddersfield still had to score 2 more goals after Len Davies missed his penalty in 1924.

What facts ? We missed a penalty a hundred years ago so we're deemed bottlers for eternity. As William Shatner would say, "Weird or What?"

England have not won a major tournament since 1966 because they have not been good enough and if it wasn't a home tournament they wouldn't have won that either. The reason they're performing better now is because they have better players, the coaching has improved and the players actually want to play for their country. It's not rocket science.

Man Utd's team was superior and other teams knew it, so they had a psychological edge going into matches. Late goals were a consequence of the opposition's lack of belief they could hold out for a point and Man Utd's forcefulness, especially at home. So no, it's not coincidence, it's just the bleedin' obvious.
    Thank goodness you haven’t considered the actual facts. What a relief! Lol

Thank goodness you haven’t considered the actual facts. What a relief! Lol
    Reading your comment about the league cup final penalties reinforces my opinion that you are indeed being selective with your "facts" or have you forgotten we got to the play-off final at Wembley by beating Leicester on penalties.