+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Same Old English Alway's Cheating

Re: Same Old English Alway's Cheating

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Is it that bad ?

Thuggery has always gone on

Paul Ringer flattened Horton of England and got a red ?

Plenty of opportunity for thuggery in rugby , always has been

Welsh prop , taken out with that dirty head butt by the French forward ......he was off balance and it shifted his weight and it broke his leg

Ricky something ......part time fireman .....had to retire the break was so severe

Farrell is a dirty git but all sides have these thugs ?
    Yes its very bad.

The sport is in grave danger due to law suits from players who suffer brain damage sustained from years of tackles like this. World Rugby and the constituent unions have been harking on about player safety and this decision makes a mockery out of it.

World Rugby should appeal this decision and Farrell should get a minimum 6 game ban.

There is no mitigation. There is no defence. It's not a tackle, it's an act of deliberate foul play. He has been leading with his right shoulder into head of opponent for years and somehow pretty much getting away with it for years. I have no idea why. It has to be stopped. Only World Rugby can stop it.

World Rugby have appealed the tribunal decision- its the right thing to do, although it should never have gotten to this stage.

Well done world rugby for appealing and questioning this decision - see Borthwick has left him out of the matchday squad for the Ireland game this weekend.

And then his old man comes out and claims the circus surrounding Golden Boy 'O' is disgraceful. The only disgraceful thing is the deliberate foul play on the field, again!

The backlash from ex-English players surely adds to the thought that World Rugby have to do something here. Watch this space.

Quote Originally Posted by Ribeye View Post
    Yes Paul Ringer got a red card and was banned from rugby for a year. If my memory serves me right he played football for the year to keep fit.
    He didn't seem blessed with brains

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    There is no mitigation. There is no defence. It's not a tackle, it's an act of deliberate foul play. He has been leading with his right shoulder into head of opponent for years and somehow pretty much getting away with it for years. I have no idea why. It has to be stopped. Only World Rugby can stop it.
    Moriarty for Swansea

He was a thug

Mark Jones , Neath

I suppose they could get away with it then

Moriarty for Swansea

He was a thug

Mark Jones , Neath

Yes they were thugs but rugby players back then were on average about 4 or 5 stone lighter. Opening scrums or line outs were often the first opportunity to exchange blows, but it cleared the air. They didn't stand up to 'tackle' someone by aiming a shoulder straight at someone's head.

Moriarty for Swansea

He was a thug

Mark Jones , Neath

Moriarty (Paul and Richard) were certainly tough boys. But times were different - and I never remember either of them deliberately targeting opponents with the same 'move' over and over - despite the fist fighting! i.e. right shoulder to opponent head.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Yes they were thugs but rugby players back then were on average about 4 or 5 stone lighter. Opening scrums or line outs were often the first opportunity to exchange blows, but it cleared the air. They didn't stand up to 'tackle' someone by aiming a shoulder straight at someone's head.
    You beat me to it!

Moriarty (Paul and Richard) were certainly tough boys. But times were different - and I never remember either of them deliberately targeting opponents with the same 'move' over and over - despite the fist fighting! i.e. right shoulder to opponent head.
    Pair of thugs when I was watching rugby

Often took players out with sly stuff

I beg to differ

Lots of thuggish Welsh players around in those days

The elder Moriarty was notorious

Was it moriarty who got a thump from the boxer Colin Jones after he tried it on with his wife in a Swansea nightclub ?

Maybe it's just an urban myth

To be fair in those days players would also trying to run past the opposition. These days pumped up players well above their natural weight are running directly into the opposition looking for collisions and forcing themselves through to make ground.

Another England game. Another yellow upgraded to red. Another shoulder to head. Same fuss and appeal nonsense as last week or was that just for poor little super ‘O’

Original ban reinstated. Farrell to miss first two games.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/66581854

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Original ban reinstated. Farrell to miss first two games.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/66581854
    Looks like common sense prevailed in the end, be nice to meet them in the quarter finals would make a highly entertaining game.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Looks like common sense prevailed in the end, be nice to meet them in the quarter finals would make a highly entertaining game.
    With his history I'm not sure a 4 game ban is justice done really.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/66585194

Billy V - misses their opening WC game too