+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ojo gone

Re: Ojo gone

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    This loan move has already caused a major messageboard problem as evidenced by this thread.

Now that Sheyi Ojo is off playing his football in Belgium there is a gaping vacancy for boo-boy target in the squad.

Recent contenders include Ryan Allsop, Jack Simpson, Ryan Wintle, Romaine Sawyers, Kion Etete and Karlan Grant.... but still no clear front runners. No successor of the stature of Mark 'Sparky' Harris, Will Vaulks or the prince of targets that was Leo Bacuna.

We need to get this one sorted out pronto - whilst Bluetit is still in shock and mourning.
    No problem with any other player, they might not be suitable, but from what I’ve seen so far, at least the effort is there.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    No problem with any other player, they might not be suitable, but from what I’ve seen so far, at least the effort is there.
    I hope he’s cleared his room out so Lorraine can get in there and give it a deep clean.

Anyone check on Kortrijk. Playing in the Belgian top division, played 3, lost 3, including a 6-0 defeat.

Davies and Ojo can't be too happy to be shipped out there!

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    Anyone check on Kortrijk. Playing in the Belgian top division, played 3, lost 3, including a 6-0 defeat.

Davies and Ojo can't be too happy to be shipped out there!
    To be fair, the three sides they’ve played so far are all currently in the top six.

I always thought there was a hell of a player there. He needed coaching. He needed to learn to make better decisions. It's a shame, but I can't say I'm that disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Not against it but slightly strange considering preseason

If Ojos inclusions in the games were for Bulut to make a assessment, then it’s strange that he hasn’t fancied him considering he played actually really well

If the decision was already made, or made by others, then why did he play?

Anyway no huge loss as whilst he does have talent, he didn’t make use of it during his time here
    More to pro sport than just games.

Maybe his attitude is off during the week and doesn't train / learn well?

I just think we all of us should not think too deeply about this but thank our lucky stars a poor player has been extracted from our squad. We should avoid looking in the rear view mirror.

Onwards and upwards this is the best transfer of the season so far and it's incredibly exciting. Ojo will get my full backing from now on and I hope he salvages a worthwhile career out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    etete please!
    Does he really deserve any abuse when he’s still learning and giving 100%

He’s the same age as Colwill, Issak Davies and Bagan but doesn’t get the youth free pass that the others get

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I always thought there was a hell of a player there. He needed coaching. He needed to learn to make better decisions. It's a shame, but I can't say I'm that disappointed.
    Coaching and desire maybe. There were small glimpses in games of him tracking back, playing for the team and generally putting a shift in, but for the most part he looked like he couldn’t be fecked.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Does he really deserve any abuse when he’s still learning and giving 100%

He’s the same age as Colwill, Issak Davies and Bagan but doesn’t get the youth free pass that the others get
    Etetes job is to score goals, he looks miles off the pace at championship level.
    I’m still hopeful that he will come good, but I’m sure he would benefit from a good loan move.
    If we sign a number 9 in this window or the next, he should be loaned out.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Yes, I always thought he was one of those players who needed an arm round his shoulder.

..then the other arm, and slowly brought together..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Yes, I always thought he was one of those players who needed an arm round his shoulder.

..then the other arm, and slowly brought together..
    I always thought it was hands around his neck.

Kortrijk lost again, 3-1 at home to Eupen (whoever they are). All the goals were scored in the second half.

Isaak Davies came on at half-time - rated 5.9, but no sign of Ojo.