+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inflation Falls Again

Inflation Falls Again

Good trend , not huge leaps though , Food and core goods inflation has slowed as well which is key .

Fingers crossed.

Re: Inflation Falls Again

Has Mike enrolled for.monthly economic updates from the Daily Mail?

Rishi taking the credit for stuff that's mainly out of his control.

It is of course good news. But it just means prices are rising more slowly, albeit now probably slower than wages.

But it's all expected. We all went through a curve of high inflation after covid and the Ukraine war started. We are now all coming down from that.

What happens next may be more interesting and hopefully less painful

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    It is of course good news. But it just means prices are rising more slowly, albeit now probably slower than wages.
    Most of the wage settlements I have seen reported have been below inflation rises.

Benefits are certainly not keeping pace with the cost of living.

There was a 10.1% rise in April for most benefits but the effective rate of inflation for benefits recipients was much higher than that - with food, energy and housing costs way over the headline rate.

But this has also been accompanied by creeping benefits cuts, with much more to come.

https://policy-practice.oxfam.org/re...nd%20transport.

So I presume someone who was on 40,000 a year and recently got a 10% pay rise should have only really a 6.8% pay rise. Or rather they would they be happy to take a pay cut to stay in line with inflation.... - that never seems to happen strangely enough.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    So I presume someone who was on 40,000 a year and recently got a 10% pay rise should have only really a 6.8% pay rise. Or rather they would they be happy to take a pay cut to stay in line with inflation.... - that never seems to happen strangely enough.
    It's like communicating with a rock, this has been explained to you in about 8 different threads 15 different times. Wage increases lag inflation significantly, nobody is getting an increase on the assumption of future inflation, they are playing catch up.

Take the past 2/3 years, almost nobody who earns 40k and hasn't taken on more responsibility will be better off now than if their wage had tracked inflation.

You have said this before. It is beyond embarrassing! Do you really not understand simple numbers?

Falling inflation still means rising costs - against a higher cost base that is baked into all future calculations.

Why would anyone be happy to take a pay cut whilst costs are still rising - even if rising slightly more slowly than they were before?

You never seem to grasp this fundamental point strangely enough!

Do you know many people who have had a 10 per cent wage rise this year? You’re getting embarrassing now, by arguing people should hand money back when their pay goes above inflation, you’re also surely arguing that they should get what they are entitled to when their pay is below the inflation level.

From thinking the Earth is flat, to not being to answer basic questions about climate change denial, to not understanding how inflation and wages work. The right have looked pretty dumb this week.

Remarkable how a thread about a significant fall in inflation leads to the same people saying the same things as when the inflation rate was going up!

High inflation isn't good, not for anyone. We all want it to be lower, so the fact the rate is falling is demonstrably good news. 👍

Remarkable how a thread about a significant fall in inflation leads to the same people saying the same things as when the inflation rate was going up!

High inflation isn't good, not for anyone. We all want it to be lower, so the fact the rate is falling is demonstrably good news. ��
    Yes it is good. Many people are now still getting poorer, but not as quickly as last month!

High inflation isn't good, not for anyone. We all want it to be lower, so the fact the rate is falling is demonstrably good news. 👍
    The good news comes when inflation is under control, stable and at a manageable rate.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Yes it is good. Many people are now still getting poorer, but not as quickly as last month!
    If unemployment was 10% and fell to 8% would that be a good thing or bad thing?

We all want wages to rise faster than inflation and that will likely happen, officially, next month.

What's your solution

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    What's your solution
    To what?

Inflation? Poverty? Inequality? The Cost of Living Crisis? Dopey Tory apologists on football message boards?

To what?

Inflation? Poverty? Inequality? The Cost of Living Crisis? Dopey Tory apologists on football message boards?
    CCMB Logic..Quoting facts and being glad to see inflation falling after it has caused misery across the western world? = dopey Tory apologist. 👍

CCMB Logic..Quoting facts and being glad to see inflation falling after it has caused misery across the western world? = dopey Tory apologist. ��
    Somehow you have managed to make my point perfectly.

I agreed with you that a fall in headline inflation from 10%+ to 8% is good.

But not good enough for you and LOM to get your blue bunting out and start singing God Save The King.

Somehow you have managed to make my point perfectly.

I agreed with you that a fall in headline inflation from 10%+ to 8% is good.

But not good enough for you and LOM to get your blue bunting out and start singing God Save The King.
    I think that fella hanging the bunting is made of straw!

I think that fella hanging the bunting is made of straw!
    He certainly scares a lot of crows

They like to cancel ones view or content its a form of bullying and harassment, they seem unable to debate with courtesy . Let's not forget its a group of friends.

If someone gets 8% rise it's value is much greater and has descreat impact to employers and tax payers oh and job loss .

China's youth unemployment at 21.3% .

Russia intrest rates up to 12pc

Bloody Truss

China's youth unemployment at 21.3% .

Russia intrest rates up to 12pc

Bloody Truss
    The Election won't be won solely on the economy

I think the utter hopelessness of the labour and liberal opposition is possibly going to make things closer but if the country is fooled by a bit of figure juggling by the liars party then it will get what it deserves

You and Whales have made a living on here with your pretend middle of the road concensus politics nonsense but you are both raving 100 percent Tories

You don't fool me sonny and I don't think you fool anyone else

One day this money driven capitalist yawn festival will bring fatalistic horror on everyone but it will be nothing to do with me

I will be six foot under with a t shirt on saying .....don't disturb me , I didn't vote conservative

Suck on that

They like to cancel ones view or content its a form of bullying and harassment, they seem unable to debate with courtesy . Let's not forget its a group of friends.

If someone gets 8% rise it's value is much greater and has descreat impact to employers and tax payers oh and job loss .
    Descreat? 😳

Yes but here's a thought, you could always keep your views to yourself. I imagine they're frequently proclaimed loudly in Wetherspoon's.