+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tearing what’s left of my hair out here!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Tearing what’s left of my hair out here!

That looks like a standard optical cable and port - as others have said, it will only go in one way as it’s an unusual shape with a line. It’s not usually a firm “click” like other connections and doesn’t need to be pushed in very far to connect. Is it possible that it’s inserted fine but you’re trying to push it in further than needed?

Quote Originally Posted by Re-sign Carl Dale View Post
    That looks like a standard optical cable and port - as others have said, it will only go in one way as it’s an unusual shape with a line. It’s not usually a firm “click” like other connections and doesn’t need to be pushed in very far to connect. Is it possible that it’s inserted fine but you’re trying to push it in further than needed?
    That thought did occur to me once or twice, but I’ve not felt anything remotely like a click yet and the cable would be dropping out with the smallest of vibrations if it was supposed to be like it is when I try to connect it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That thought did occur to me once or twice, but I’ve not felt anything remotely like a click yet and the cable would be dropping out with the smallest of vibrations if it was supposed to be like it is when I try to connect it.
    you should feel it click. They sometimes need a reasonable amount of pressure to click them in to place but make sure it is in the right orientation before pushing it in a bit harder.