+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Siopis signs - CONFIRMED

Re: Siopis signs - CONFIRMED

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    My remarks in my previous reply were regarding Joe Ralls, and people demeaning his contribution and not our regression in recent seasons.

The club has been getting progressively worse since our last relegation from the Premier League… can that be due to Joe Ralls?

My tuppence, for what its worth… is once we were in the market to buy the “best players that Bristol City have”, it was downhill from there. Bristol City had regular mid-table Championship finishes, therefore we were recruiting worse players than we previously had.
    Thing is, City certainly haven’t been constantly challenging for promotion during the last decade. Far from it.

FFS he's 3 foot 5 inches in his socks. He'll need noddy holder heels to get a header in

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Thing is, City certainly haven’t been constantly challenging for promotion during the last decade. Far from it.
    When making my original point, I was referring to the decade that Joe Ralls has played for the City. If you can’t see that, then fair enough.

When making my original point, I was referring to the decade that Joe Ralls has played for the City. If you can’t see that, then fair enough.
    A decade in which Ralls has been an integral part of a City squad constantly challenging for promotion is just a figment of your imagination. It hasn’t happened.

A decade in which Ralls has been an integral part of a City squad constantly challenging for promotion is just a figment of your imagination. It hasn’t happened.
    OK, for the reasons of clarity and for your benefit…

For the approximate decade that Joe Ralls has been a player at the City, in my opinion, he never shirks from a challenge, never hides when he is having a bad game, always gives 100% commitment into every game he plays and is certainly missed if he is out injured for a period of time.

I just don’t get these constant snide comments regarding Joe Ralls.

If you don’t agree with any of those opinions expressed above, then fair enough.

OK, for the reasons of clarity and for your benefit…

For the approximate decade that Joe Ralls has been a player at the City, in my opinion, he never shirks from a challenge, never hides when he is having a bad game, always gives 100% commitment into every game he plays and is certainly missed if he is out injured for a period of time.

I just don’t get these constant snide comments regarding Joe Ralls.

If you don’t agree with any of those opinions expressed above, then fair enough.
    I agree with much of that, but the thrust of your original argument seemed to be that Ralls has been an important element in a decent side for a decade or more.

In fact, he’s been an important element in a side that has often been average by Championship standards and has also been poor for a number of years.

My belief is that he would have been better served moving on last summer. I think his game might have benefitted from that. But he’s still here and I’d certainly have him in the side ahead of Wintle, Rinomhota or Adams.

I agree with much of that, but the thrust of your original argument seemed to be that Ralls has been an important element in a decent side for a decade or more.

In fact, he’s been an important element in a side that has often been average by Championship standards and has also been poor for a number of years.

My belief is that he would have been better served moving on last summer. I think his game might have benefitted from that. But he’s still here and I’d certainly have him in the side ahead of Wintle, Rinomhota or Adams.
    I can see your point about perhaps maybe moving on last year. But sentimentalist that I am, I like to think that he genuinely likes representing the club.

Out of all the contracts up for renewal, whenever it was, he is the only one I would have kept, and I am glad he did, for the reasons I previously made.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Some Turk on Facebook says he can’t pass.

How does someone from Llanelli know this

Re: Siopis signs

Hope he's a Gary O'Neil type and not a Willie Boland type.

I can see your point about perhaps maybe moving on last year. But sentimentalist that I am, I like to think that he genuinely likes representing the club.

Out of all the contracts up for renewal, whenever it was, he is the only one I would have kept, and I am glad he did, for the reasons I previously made.
    You said..
    "For about a decade Joe Ralls has been an integral part of a squad constantly challenging for promotion to the Premier League".

That's clearly not correct, and it's the issue that 'The Lone Gunman' is trying to bring to your attention.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Some Turk on Facebook says he can’t pass.
    Should fit in well then.