+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Technical ability

Technical ability

I find it interesting to note that Bulut has cottoned on to the fact that we haven't got the most technically gifted squad in the division. Even today, when Siopis's signing was announced, Bulut makes a point that he has increased his technical skills with the ball.

Yesterday Bulut recognised that we need to bring in some more technically gifted players and that we cannot go through an entire season with just fighters, that you need a mixture of both. In other words, we have a squad with plenty of heart and graft but isn't that capable with the ball. I think that's been the case for several seasons, probably since our last promotion season.

Re: Technical ability

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I find it interesting to note that Bulut has cottoned on to the fact that we haven't got the most technically gifted squad in the division. Even today, when Siopis's signing was announced, Bulut makes a point that he has increased his technical skills with the ball.

Yesterday Bulut recognised that we need to bring in some more technically gifted players and that we cannot go through an entire season with just fighters, that you need a mixture of both. In other words, we have a squad with plenty of heart and graft but isn't that capable with the ball. I think that's been the case for several seasons, probably since our last promotion season.
    Good point.
    The fact is that previous managers have tried to change our style, recognised that certain players are not up to it, and then give up and quickly revert back to type.

It is still early days, but maybe this guy is addressing the problem like a proper manager would do.

I picked up on that phrase aswell.
    In Ramsey and (by the sounds of it) Siopis, we seem to have increased the technical ability of centre midfield. Hopefully we're moving towards performances with more creativity and towards making things happen, rather than longer ball hitting and hoping.
    Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    Good point.
    The fact is that previous managers have tried to change our style, recognised that certain players are not up to it, and then give up and quickly revert back to type.

It is still early days, but maybe this guy is addressing the problem like a proper manager would do.
    It appears so. We've seen this for years yet managers have done little about it.

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    This is key for me. He seems to be spotting the issues the fans have been highlighting for ages and is actually doing something about it unlike some of our previous managers.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    This is key for me. He seems to be spotting the issues the fans have been highlighting for ages and is actually doing something about it unlike some of our previous managers.
    I wonder how much of that is down to him being a European coach, where British long ball fight-it-out bollocks is hardly a thing but getting the basics of technique right, is?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I wonder how much of that is down to him being a European coach, where British long ball fight-it-out bollocks is hardly a thing but getting the basics of technique right, is?
    spot on eric been calling for this for a number of years

he's comes with a futsal background so he knows his stuff along with his staff that.s he's brought with him too

expect fitness levels to accelerate in the coming months too

When you've had the success we've enjoyed over the last 10-15 years it's no wonder that managers seem reluctant to change a winning formula. I say "winning" because compared to the previous 50 years, we've never had it so good. Yes, we played some great stuff under Jones but we always fell at the final hurdle (notwithstanding our FA Cup Final appearance).

I know it's early days but you get the feeling that Bulut seems able and willing to construct a team that is not only competitive but easier on the eye. I just hope that once all the pieces of the jigsaw are in place we will see a rejuvenated team and club.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    he's comes with a futsal background so he knows his stuff….
    This again…