+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Runnarson also done - CONFIRMED

Runnarson also done - CONFIRMED

Does he start tomorrow?
    https://twitter.com/PaulAbbandonato/status/1692493625811210745?t=Nv3W8UYWIa_09xQpdT_xnA&s=19

Re: Runnarson also done

This is good news. Bulut said in his press conference yesterday the team needs a different kind of keeper. Hopefully that means one who saves shots.

So you are saying he hasn’t done a Runnarson?

Can’t imagine you start a goalie when he has had one training session at most with the team, but I guess we will see. Probably the position where having some kind of understanding with your teammates is the most critical.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    This is good news. Bulut said in his press conference yesterday the team needs a different kind of keeper. Hopefully that means one who saves shots.

Bulut also said we only have two goalkeepers and need three. I know Luthra is young and has only had a few minutes of first team play, but we do have three first team keepers on the books now.

Bulut also said that Alnwick has got the shirt and will play as long as he continues to perform.

That makes me think Luthra may be heading out on loan and Allsop has been relegated to third choice.

Not sure if I’ve seen it mentioned he was on loan last season at one of Bulut’s old clubs and played 30 times… lots of focus on the fact that he hardly played for Arsenal and had a howler. Seems like another shrewd signing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    That makes me think Luthra may be heading out on loan and Allsop has been relegated to third choice.
    Unless Allsop doesn't want to drop down the pecking order and he's off.

He could have Aaron Gunnarsson's old away shirts after a minor edit or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    He could have Aaron Gunnarsson's old away shirts after a minor edit or two.
    Every penny helps.

Wasn’t expecting us to sign a keeper, but I’m not disappointed by the news even if I’ve a degree of sympathy for Alnwick who’s let no one down this season.

Know nothing about Runnarson except that some Arsenal fans don’t rate him, but that seems entirely down to one bad mistake he made.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Wasn’t expecting us to sign a keeper, but I’m not disappointed by the news even if I’ve a degree of sympathy for Alnwick who’s let no one down this season.

Know nothing about Runnarson except that some Arsenal fans don’t rate him, but that seems entirely down to one bad mistake he made.
    And the fact that they are Arsenal fans.

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Bulut also said we only have two goalkeepers and need three. I know Luthra is young and has only had a few minutes of first team play, but we do have three first team keepers on the books now.

Bulut also said that Alnwick has got the shirt and will play as long as he continues to perform.

Hull wants Allsop, don't they?

Ship him out and keep Luthra as a back up back up

Quote Originally Posted by John Buchanan View Post
    And the fact that they are Arsenal fans.

Re: Runnarson also done - CONFIRMED

No idea what he’s like but I’m glad we have brought in a keeper, hopefully better than what we have.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

It was always going to happen as soon as the Manager looked at his stats and watched last year's clangers and terrible angles and positioning and saw it firsthand in training, never in doubt.

Bulut knows of him from the past, and his experience overseas is getting very handy, lets's hope he is actually a good judge of a player

Agreed about Alnwick he's done well and is a big improvement, even though we've conceded more, most are not down to him.

I can't believe Bulut would bring in a keeper on loan from Arsenal if he didn't intend to play him. This is encouraging. I hope it's the last we've seen of Allsop.

We've brought in players with 142 caps between them so far this summer now.

I'd expect Alsopp to go out.

As for Runnarson, posted elsewhere that very much a sweeper keeper, constantly off his line. Good shot stopper. Seems to be commanding in the area too from the clips I've seen.

Arsenal fans are attacking him over a poor mistake v Man City in League Cup. Watching the highlights he made a number of good saves in the match also.

He's out of contact in the Summer I believe, so its with a view for longer term. Had plenty of interest out in Europe again and understand 2/3 other championship clubs showed strong interest. Another bit of smart business.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    They didn't rate Wenger either for goodness sake and don't get me started on Mr Morgan.
    Last edited by lincoln blue; 18-08-23 at 12:57. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I can't believe Bulut would bring in a keeper on loan from Arsenal if he didn't intend to play him. This is encouraging. I hope it's the last we've seen of Allsop.
    Yes, I doubt we're using one of our limited loan slots on a backup. I think we have 1 left now?

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln blue View Post
    They didn't rate Wenger either for goodness sake and don't get me started on Mr Morgan.
    A lot of them didn’t rate Ramsey either, especially Mr Morgan who seemed to have some weird personal vendetta against him

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Yes, I doubt we're using one of our limited loan slots on a backup. I think we have 1 left now?
    Maximum 5 loans in matchday squad I think it is and yeah we are on 4. We can sign more than that but not sure you'd want more than 5 in the wider squad, if can't select them all.

https://youtu.be/pIVPf7EZbm0

It’s just you tube but some highlights of some saves. He seems agile.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Maximum 5 loans in matchday squad I think it is and yeah we are on 4. We can sign more than that but not sure you'd want more than 5 in the wider squad, if can't select them all.
    Save the last loan slot for the handsome striker at Bournemouth then?

International

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Might need a few players to buy themselves out of their contracts, nudge nudge wink wink.

International

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    https://youtu.be/pIVPf7EZbm0

It’s just you tube but some highlights of some saves. He seems agile.
    Looks very good his positioning is right, and he's making the right angles of the first 20 saves with Allsop it would be ten goals plus conceded IMO, he should save us many goals and points.

It's only a youtube type video and of course it can make them look better than they are, but based on that he looks a massive improvement.