+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Friday night football (Aug 18th)

Friday night football (Aug 18th)

Bremen v Bayern on Sky. Harry Kane started, Sane has put Bayern 1 - 0 up

Leeds v WBA, ko 8pm also on Sky.

Forest v Sheff Utd in the Premier League (not on normal TV but IPTV users should have no problems). Forest already 1 up after 2 mins.

Valencia v Las Palmas at 8.30pm but Kaba not in the squad for tonight's game.

Re: Friday night football (Aug 18th)

Sane you mean. Neat assist for HK also.
    Mane buggered off to the golden Saudi money pit. ��

Who remembers City playing Weirder Bremen in a pre-season friendly in the 70s?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It was July 1969. I don’t remember it (I was four), but I just looked it up.

I remember a friendly vs Schalke 04 in the 70's with a good sprinkling of German fans chanting for their hero Libuda, that was Weird enough for me!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I remember a friendly vs Schalke 04 in the 70's with a good sprinkling of German fans chanting for their hero Libuda, that was Weird enough for me!
    August 1971, City won 5-3. A few days earlier the side had won 4-3 in another friendly at Bournemouth. Goals, goals, goals!

Hell of an atmosphere in Bremen!

Goal Kane

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Goal Kane
    Assist and a goal, Not a bad start.

Leeds 0 - 1 WBA

52 mins

Another draw for Leeds. Two points from three games. Early days for sure, but I suspect they’re not very good.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Another draw for Leeds. Two points from three games. Early days for sure, but I suspect they’re not very good.
    We made them look like world beaters for 45 minutes. Not sure what that says about us.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Hell of an atmosphere in Bremen!
    Very entertaining game aswell.
    I might watch a bit more of this German football. I only really tuned in to see how Kane got on but I enjoyed the whole thing. Nice to see opposition fans mingling and drinking beer in the stands still till creating a great atmosphere without having a pop at each other.

I was there, we played at home in a white kit

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    I was there, we played at home in a white kit
    I was there but I thought mistakenly that Werder Bremen played in white shirts with green shorts. Did we either draw 2-2 or lose 2-3 ?

August 1971, City won 5-3. A few days earlier the side had won 4-3 in another friendly at Bournemouth. Goals, goals, goals!
    And then the real stuff started

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I was there but I thought mistakenly that Werder Bremen played in white shirts with green shorts. Did we either draw 2-2 or lose 2-3 ?
    Bremen did play in white and green that night I believe and it finished 2-2. My main memory of it is that Ronnie Bird, who was hardly that type of player, got sent off along with someone who had played for West Germany in the 1966 World Cup Final (Horst Hottges?).

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Perhaps cos I'm an old bugger now my memory is playing tricks but I was sure we played in white with blue trim and Werder Bremen were in green.

Bit strange that you remember Weirder Bremen

This Jon Rowe for Norwich has started the season on fire!

4 goals in 4 in all competitions. Looks the business.

I don't think we will come up against any defences as poor as Leeds were v us in that opening 45 mins. If they were called Rotherham everyone would have said they are dead certs to go down

Of course they Will improve but based on that first half they were dreadful and was a golden opportunity to get 3 points which we threw away.

3-0 Norwich 56 mins.

And they look good for it.

I feel very confident in saying either Norwich will get promoted or Millwall will get relegated or both.