+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Goutas OFF, Simpson ON

Goutas OFF, Simpson ON

I'm firmly in the "I like Bulut' camp.

Loved the decision to drop Grant and bring back the Collins / O'Dowda partnership.

Loved the decision to bring on Meite for Ugbo at half time.

Comes across very well in every interview I've seen. Added bonus for not being a twat.

But has he explained why he brought Goutas off for Simpson? Haven't seen it anywhere, was Goutas injured?

Re: Goutas OFF, Simpson ON

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post

Loved the decision to drop Grant and bring back the Collins / O'Dowda partnership.

Comes across very well in every interview I've seen. Added bonus for not being a twat.

But has he explained why he brought Goutas off for Simpson? Haven't seen it anywhere, was Goutas injured?
    No mention of it in the post match interview with Bulut on the club website, but, surely there was some sort of an injury/illness issue? As a rule, you do not substitute centrebacks for tactical reasons, and, if we’re doing that with Goutas in his third league game, it’s a very worrying sign - I didn’t think he played badly yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No mention of it in the post match interview with Bulut on the club website, but, surely there was some sort of an injury/illness issue? As a rule, you do not substitute centrebacks for tactical reasons, and, if we’re doing that with Goutas in his third league game, it’s a very worrying sign - I didn’t think he played badly yesterday.
    About five mins before being subbed, I saw Goutas stretching out his leg and feeling his quads whilst waiting for a corner.

He must have been.

There was a general air of despondency in the away end when Simpson was warming up which only highlighted when he replaced Goutas, who I thought played reasonably well.

According to WOL:

Asked directly whether he wants to sign a centre-back, Bulut replied: "We are looking. We are looking. Right now I cannot say anything. It can be, maybe, maybe not. It's always about economics. You know the penalty that we have, so it's not easy."

WoL reporting, "Dimitrios Goutas is still getting to grips with the rigour, pace and challenges of Championship football, while Jack Simpson was culpable for Casadei's late strike."

The sooner Simpson is shipped out the better. He's useless.

Here's my three options from transfer market that are free agents

Filip Helander
    Phil Jones
    Steven Caulker

Steven Caulker, Manager knows him and maybe he's matured a bit. If he's good enough for liverpool.....