+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City worthy of a point at title favourites, but fall to another goal in added time.

City worthy of a point at title favourites, but fall to another goal in added time.

Aaron Ramsey stunner goes unrewarded.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Re: City worthy of a point at title favourites, but fall to another goal in added time.

Thanks Bob. From the highlights I've seen Romeo kneed their player in the back of his thigh. He certainly made the most of it but I'd still expect a yellow for that. Completely premeditated and very stupid.

Re: City worthy of a point at title favourites, but fall to another goal in added time.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Thanks Bob. From the highlights I've seen Romeo kneed their player in the back of his thigh. He certainly made the most of it but I'd still expect a yellow for that. Completely premeditated and very stupid.
    Barely touched him followed by an Oscar winning performance acting out "sniper in the stands" from the Leicester player. Then the ref was persuaded to give a red. Still, there will always be Ramsey's worldie. Celebrations on the Richter scale. The earth, or rather concrete, literally moved when that went in.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Barely touched him followed by an Oscar winning performance acting out "sniper in the stands" from the Leicester player. Then the ref was persuaded to give a red.
    The ref was watching the incident. He was a few yards away. Nobody persuaded him to give a red. He gave a second yellow, which was generous as it was a clear foul and obviously violent conduct. Mind-numbingly stupid thing for Romeo to do around a minute after being booked for another blatant foul on the same player. Shame, as it looked like he'd had a decent game before that.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Barely touched him followed by an Oscar winning performance acting out "sniper in the stands" from the Leicester player. Then the ref was persuaded to give a red. Still, there will always be Ramsey's worldie. Celebrations on the Richter scale. The earth, or rather concrete, literally moved when that went in.
    I've accepted their player play acted. That doesn't change the fact that romeo kneed him or that he did so for no apparent reason. Idiotic and he can have no complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    The ref was watching the incident. He was a few yards away. Nobody persuaded him to give a red. He gave a second yellow, which was generous as it was a clear foul and obviously violent conduct. Mind-numbingly stupid thing for Romeo to do around a minute after being booked for another blatant foul on the same player. Shame, as it looked like he'd had a decent game before that.
    As you say, could have been a straight red. Similar to Robinson in the Jacks game.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    I've accepted their player play acted. That doesn't change the fact that romeo kneed him or that he did so for no apparent reason. Idiotic and he can have no complaints.
    There must have been something going on between the two players because Romeo hacked down Dewsbury-Hall for no apparent reason and then decided to knee him in the back of the leg almost as soon as play restarted. He didn't complain about either yellow card, and actually apologised for the first. Strange incident all told.