+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Good article on the development of women's football in the UK

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Good article on the development of women's football in the UK

Football was as good as banned in many comprehensive schools in Wales let alone womens football.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Football was as good as banned in many comprehensive schools in Wales let alone womens football.
    I went to Bassaleg, a Grammar School back then. At an open evening for parents of new pupils, one dad asked if his son would get any football coaching as he was showing promise (probably the dad's wishful thinking).
    The head replied "No, this is a Grammar School, we play Rugby here!"

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I went to Bassaleg, a Grammar School back then. At an open evening for parents of new pupils, one dad asked if his son would get any football coaching as he was showing promise (probably the dad's wishful thinking).
    The head replied "No, this is a Grammar School, we play Rugby here!"
    The Catholic schools in Cardiff were big on Rugby as well, **** knows why. I didn't mind it as i was playing loads of football outside of school, although it must have been a real pisser for those kids who couldn't get a game and who wanted an hour or so a week playing football. Rugby isn't as inclusive as football, it's quite aggressive and full contact. Loads of kids in my school were left out of P.E because other sports weren't catered for.