+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meite’s Miss

Meite’s Miss

What a defining moment in the match, I’m still replaying it in my head this morning. So bloody frustrating!!!!! Was a great bit of football from Romeo, what a fecking let down the finish was.

Re: Meite’s Miss

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    What a defining moment in the match, I’m still replaying it in my head this morning. So bloody frustrating!!!!! Was a great bit of football from Romeo, what a fecking let down the finish was.
    Looked like he ran out of steam, if he could have taken one more touch to his right across the path of the defender and got it on to his right foot...

Meite was in good positions two or three times before the one that he missed.

They just didn't pass to him on the earlier occasions. It looked as though in the first half they were so used to not bothering to send it forward as Ugbo was anonymous when the tried to find him. That in the second half it took a little while to realise we actually had an attacker on that was a threat.

There was also a great save from the home keeper to deny Ralls and Grant even got a couple of shots away.

Would have been happy coming away with a draw.

My understanding is we can have 5 loan players in a match day squad.Why have we wasted one space on a keeper?
    We need a centre back and a striker.Unlikely to find one who is out of contract/ free agent.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    My understanding is we can have 5 loan players in a match day squad.Why have we wasted one space on a keeper?
    We need a centre back and a striker.Unlikely to find one who is out of contract/ free agent.
    I think we can have as many loan players as we like, but only five of them can play in any one game.

Thought that, besides his miss, Meite improved us, but his lack of match fitness became apparent pretty soon - although Robinson gave the ball away cheaply in the build up to the winner, I still think we should find a place for him in the starting line up.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Looked like he ran out of steam, if he could have taken one more touch to his right across the path of the defender and got it on to his right foot...
    He didn't look comfortable or confident from the moment it got to him. He also wasted a good situation by attempting a daft hopeful shot when we had better options. He gave us a presence up front which Ugbo hasn't done previously-, and allowed us to move up the pitch.
    Hopefully he can sharpen up his game and get fit quickly.

Re. ‘’Keepers. On the Leicester forum, posters complaining, understandably, about them having two goalies on the bench. One reply said that it was it was a pity they didn’t have two on the pitch, may have had a chance of saving Ramsey’s goal

Quote Originally Posted by D. Advocaat View Post
    He didn't look comfortable or confident from the moment it got to him. He also wasted a good situation by attempting a daft hopeful shot when we had better options. He gave us a presence up front which Ugbo hasn't done previously-, and allowed us to move up the pitch.
    I recognised how he looked running through from parks football days....I'm knackered I'll just shoot!

Some say that Meite improved us when he came on, yes, he was a better outlet than Ugbo. But his head visibly dropped for a while after the miss, he actually had his chin on his chest. No good feeling sorry for yourself as a striker, be up & ready for the next chance.

Reading fans say Meite is a confidence player, if he is on a bit of a goal run, he looks like he is on fire

Quote Originally Posted by D. Advocaat View Post
    Exactly what I was about to write word for word.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Reading fans say Meite is a confidence player, if he is on a bit of a goal run, he looks like he is on fire
    Damn, if he’d have got that one, he may have gone on to get a hat trick

I didn't think it was that bad of a miss to be honest. He's barely played football and he was clearly exhausted. There were 3-4 players who by the end of the match looked dead. We always seem to. Probably because we often have low possession and have to chase the ball around.

Bulut said Meite should have taken a touch or two more before shooting and he's absolutely right.

Still.

Give me Meite over Ugbo every day of the week including Saturday against Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    I didn't think it was that bad of a miss to be honest. He's barely played football and he was clearly exhausted. There were 3-4 players who by the end of the match looked dead. We always seem to. Probably because we often have low possession and have to chase the ball around.

Bulut said Meite should have taken a touch or two more before shooting and he's absolutely right.

Still.

Give me Meite over Ugbo every day of the week including Saturday against Wednesday.
    ‘Clearly exhausted’ shouldn’t have been an excuse really, ok, it was a quick burst but he hadn’t been on that long.

‘Clearly exhausted’ shouldn’t have been an excuse really, ok, it was a quick burst but he hadn’t been on that long.
    Yeh you're right.

I think I just have very low expectations for Cardiff City strikers

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post

Still.

So, to sum up, against Wednesday on Saturday, Meitte could be our Man Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    I recognised how he looked running through from parks football days....I'm knackered I'll just shoot!
    EXACTLY what I was thinking! watching it took me back to playing up front in local leagues, on muddy pitches. Difference is he's a championship player on a billiard table pitch.

Agreed mate. Somebody said take him off he is knackered. But he had only been on for about 10 minutes.
    Spedger

I can understand him not having enough match fitness due to his injury, however, to be be blowing out of his ass not long after being introduced?
    He should be at a stage now whereby he can run around for 45 minutes at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Agreed mate. Somebody said take him off he is knackered. But he had only been on for about 10 minutes.
    Spedger
    I’ve started the ‘reverse’ diet, that shirt should fit in about 1969

We need a centre back and a striker. Unlikely to find one who is out of contract/ free agent.
    I am surprised that we haven't had one or two free agent defenders training with us. Strikers might be a different issue (less likely to get a free that is an upgrade) but I would have thought there were a good few grizzled centre backs without a club, including ones who have had their day in the Premier League sun. Or Steven Caulker? Simpson worries most of us (although to be fair he has had some good games at CB in pre-season - and the days of him filling in at RB are hopefully over), and Benjamin surely needs a season loan move? We really need two in.

Watching him in the warm up he looked rooted to the spot. Clearly not putting effort in and/or not fully recovered physically from injury. Almost as though he couldn't be bothered. Not really surprised he didn't score, unfortunately. Match fit and up for it he could be a game changer. Let's see how he is on Saturday.

Not played a full 90 minutes since 1 April, and since returning from ACL rupture has averaged 45 minutes an appearance.

Have to hope he puts in the graft to get fully fit again as he clearly has the raw materials to be an instinctive goalscorer worth his salt at this level, if he's able to run without running out of puff.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Watching him in the warm up he looked rooted to the spot. Clearly not putting effort in and/or not fully recovered physically from injury. Almost as though he couldn't be bothered. Not really surprised he didn't score, unfortunately. Match fit and up for it he could be a game changer. Let's see how he is on Saturday.
    Hopefully on Saturday he will be in the gym or pounding the pavements of Cardiff.

Both Meite and Grant looked unfit, and Grant had only been on for five minutes. I don't understand why Robinson and Etete aren't starting.
    Hopefully we'll start with them on Saturday.