+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everton

Everton

Looking like a relegation team at Villa, just given away a joke of a goal to go 4-0 down.

Re: Everton

I was just about to open a thread on this.....Everton astonishingly poor......and so is Pickford. I think even we would beat them!!

I have always had a soft spot for Everton..over LIverpool...but dear me...

I can't believe they signed Ashley Young. He's 38!

Bloody hot here today 37 degrees....41 next few days until drops down to 21 on Friday...!! Roll on Winter....

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Bloody hot here today 37 degrees....41 next few days until drops down to 21 on Friday...!! Roll on Winter....
    Hope you and your family are doing well, Maurice!

Yeah....my wife and sons are visiting family in Thailand since early July.....I've stayed behind as we are selling our house here and much to do....(plan is to buy some land in the area and build a new, more contemporary house)_...will go to Charles de Gaulle airport next Tuesday (eight hours drive...) to pick them up.....

So much packing to get done!!! Land to look at.....drawing up plans for new house... at 76 I always have a project!!!

Can you imagine if they have to open their new stadium in the Championship? No Merseyside derby. No Man City or Utd. Not to mention all the players they would lose.

Sean Dyche not up to the job. Will be gone soon, but those running it are pitiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Hope you and your family are doing well, Maurice!
    A historical thought....you are in China.... 12 years ago this summer I went to Chongqing....spent some wonderful time with a Chinese lady....Xian....Pandas etc.... just didn't work out...and went on to marry my Thai wife....!!! Life is strange. I have an affinity for Asian ladies!

A historical thought....you are in China.... 12 years ago this summer I went to Chongqing....spent some wonderful time with a Chinese lady....Xian....Pandas etc.... just didn't work out...and went on to marry my Thai wife....!!! Life is strange. I have an affinity for Asian ladies!
    Their eyes follow you around the room

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Can you imagine if they have to open their new stadium in the Championship? No Merseyside derby. No Man City or Utd. Not to mention all the players they would lose.

Hopefully they’ll have us to fill the glamour gap.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Looking like a relegation team at Villa, just given away a joke of a goal to go 4-0 down.
    Sometimes you get a sense that there is something rotten at the core of the club and whatever tinkering you try, nothing helps and a dramatic slide follows. I think that this is the case with Everton (unfortunately, as I quite like Everton fans).
    I feared this was also the case with us the past couple of seasons but we seem to be holding on.

My life in China is becoming increasingly difficult. For example, I put money into my Chinese bank account a few weeks ago, no problem with that. However, I went to pay a bill in a bar later that same day, but my bank refused the payment. I had more than enough to cover the bill (luckily I knew the bar owner).
    Next day I went to the bank to enquire, they said I had made too many transactions for this year (it was only July) !
    They told me it was still okay to make deposits but not to withdraw, can you fecking believe that!

My life in China is becoming increasingly difficult. For example, I put money into my Chinese bank account a few weeks ago, no problem with that. However, I went to pay a bill in a bar later that same day, but my bank refused the payment. I had more than enough to cover the bill (luckily I knew the bar owner).
    Next day I went to the bank to enquire, they said I had made too many transactions for this year (it was only July) !
    They told me it was still okay to make deposits but not to withdraw, can you fecking believe that!
    Does your bank take Welsh women customers?

Teams like Luton, Sheffield Utd, Wolves, Burnley and Forest will be loving it that there's more competition for relegation.

That's bizarre. Is it just because you are a laowai? Would it be the same if you used wepay or alipay?

Seems a lot of penalties missed (or saved...) so far this season...

Quote Originally Posted by John Buchanan View Post
    That's bizarre. Is it just because you are a laowai? Would it be the same if you used wepay or alipay?
    I have two bank accounts in China, all my savings are in the Bank of China.
    However, my salary gets paid into the China Construction bank, as soon as my salary goes into this account it gets withdrawn (I only work part-time and it's enough to cover the household bills).
    The bank doesn't like me withdrawing all of my money, they don't like to admit it but the property collapse in China has left the banks without much liquidity.

Quote Originally Posted by John Buchanan View Post
    I use Wechat pay, but cannot register for Alipay as it requires a Chinese ID card.

On another note.....one Marley Watkins scored the only goal and winner for Kilmarnock v Celtic in the cup..

An understandable affinity.

Their Houdini act can't last forever.

I was just about to open a thread on this.....Everton astonishingly poor......and so is Pickford. I think even we would beat them!!

I have always had a soft spot for Everton..over LIverpool...but dear me...
    We may yet get to play them at Goodison before they move to their new stadium (which looks superb). My son-in-law's family are ST holders and, indeed, Everton shareholders but couldn't get tickets for the Villa match. Probably better they didn't on reflection. Based on yesterday, City could have beaten Everton. I did ask S-i-L what the positives were from today's match...."it ended". Looking certs for relegation at the moment.

Surely will be the same as normal with a run of late home wins to just keep them up.