+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ben Foster retires

Ben Foster retires

No surprise after the way he's started the season with wrexham. Should have knocked it on the head last year really but all good content both for his YouTube channel and the wrexham documentary I suppose.

Re: Ben Foster retires

Some fans weren't happy after Saturday's game

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...eadmore-target

Fair play, as he says he feels there have been four or five goals he should have stopped already.

Looking at the highlights though he is far from the only one.

Wrexham preparing a move for Ryan Allsop as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Some fans weren't happy after Saturday's game

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...eadmore-target
    Seems ben Foster totally agrees with them. Some simple shots now he just can't save as he says above. Happens to everyone though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Wrexham preparing a move for Ryan Allsop as we speak.
    Stop press: Ryan Allsop retires in three weeks time!!

I chuckled when I saw this story, after he conceded 5 goals in successive home league games.

But actually, you've got to respect him for publicly coming out and saying look I can't do this any more.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I chuckled when I saw this story, after he conceded 5 goals in successive home league games.

But actually, you've got to respect him for publicly coming out and saying look I can't do this any more.
    Irrespective of his last few performances he'll still be fondly remembered by Wrexham fans, particularly for his penalty save against Notts County.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

As did Gary Neville.

Fair play to them really.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Irrespective of his last few performances he'll still be fondly remembered by Wrexham fans, particularly for his penalty save against Notts County.
    I hope they will, amazing how fans become so entitled so quickly, we were the same when Hammam was throwing other people’s money around.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I hope they will, amazing how fans become so entitled so quickly, we were the same when Hammam was throwing other people’s money around.
    other people's, true though

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Stop press: Ryan Allsop retires in three weeks time!!
    Shirley he retired 12 months ago but just wouldn’t admit it!

helped them finish the job last season, didnt need to come back, got to respect him for admitting he is now past it and letting his team down

I’ve always thought Shilton cost England a possible 2nd World Cup in 1990. He was 40 when he played in the semi final defeat in a penalty shoot out.. He never got anywhere near any of the German penalties, as he seemed to be struggling to get down, probably due to his creaky bones.
    Bobby Robson had a great squad that yr, and they came so close, but he chose the wrong keeper at the wrong time in my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I’ve always thought Shilton cost England a possible 2nd World Cup in 1990. He was 40 when he played in the semi final defeat in a penalty shoot out.. He never got anywhere near any of the German penalties, as he seemed to be struggling to get down, probably due to his creaky bones.
    Bobby Robson had a great squad that yr, and they came so close, but he chose the wrong keeper at the wrong time in my humble opinion.

but that would have meant they might have won it, you have seen the delight in the prospect of that

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Agreed - he had quite the ego apparently.

That said, Dino Zoff captained Italy to the World Cup in 1982 as a keeper and he was 40 too :-o

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    helped them finish the job last season, didnt need to come back, got to respect him for admitting he is now past it and letting his team down
    If only some on this board would do the same! what about after 13,000 posts you must retire?