+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Never Noticed This Board So Quiet During The Football Season

Re: Never Noticed This Board So Quiet During The Football Season

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    This place is slowly dying, there's a hardcore that keeps it alive, Although saying that, for the best part, it's been difficult to have and opinion on the football because we still don't have a clue about the manager, which direction he's going to take us, as well as most of the players that have come in. It's really difficult to pin an opinion at the moment.
    When this place was in its prime there was not much other options really and now there is and this place hasn't really upgraded over the years, compared to other sites this is years behind to use for the mechanics, i couldn't even log in using chrome with a mobile had to use edge so it will hardly encourage new posters who have much better options elsewhere imo

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Us oldies are a dying breed, the youngsters are all on twitter and stuff I haven't heard of.
    Klik-Tik
    Wak-Tak
    Yak-Yak
    Klok-Tok

Seems every day there's some new gotta-be-on-it social media site.

Music , women , TV, films, curry , politics

And a bit of CCFC

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Music , women , TV, films, curry , politics

And a bit of CCFC
    but keep the first six off the main board though eh??!!

Quote Originally Posted by GL1Blue View Post
    but keep the first six off the main board though eh??!!
    Well the decision to split the board up seems to have gone tits up

I used to look at message boards of other clubs before we played then and often though flipping heck this is quiet 🤫

Exactly the same here

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Us oldies are a dying breed, the youngsters are all on twitter and stuff I haven't heard of.
    well now Musk has sorted out twitter its a great tool for info especially football news

my first port of call for city news these days and not just exclusive for youngsters some of us old buggers can navigate on there easy too !

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    Agreed. I'll never forget the thread discussing this beauty in the Echo's readers' letters
    Formula 1

Fecking hell if I ever have to watch that it's the end of the world

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    well now Musk has sorted out twitter its a great tool for info especially football news

my first port of call for city news these days and not just exclusive for youngsters some of us old buggers can navigate on there easy too !
    Twitter as a news service is superb. That what I use it most for. As a discussion site it's a mess as it's so difficult to follow a line of conversation.

Facebook seems to be people wanting to feel better about themselves by putting others down.

Threads I'd almost forgotten about. Too random.

Instagram is people showing off their false side quite a lot.

After that I have no idea, I don't use any other platforms.

A forum like this offers better chance of discussion and conversation. It's just old fashioned and not down with the kids. It's not quick, snappy and appy like the other places.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Twitter as a news service is superb. That what I use it most for. As a discussion site it's a mess as it's so difficult to follow a line of conversation.

Facebook seems to be people wanting to feel better about themselves by putting others down.

A forum like this offers better chance of discussion and conversation. It's just old fashioned and not down with the kids. It's not quick, snappy and appy like the other places.
    Apart from twitter , Facebook and Instagram what has social media ever done for us etc etc

Nothing wrong with this site . you split the board which was the right thing to do for people who like to discuss things other than football

i guess peoples trends are different to what they were say 20 years ago so maybe that's why the traffic is less these days

just stay off telegram far too many conspiracy theorists on there

It's just old fashioned and not down with the kids. It's not quick, snappy and appy like the other places.
    Now thats a advertising Tag line

I've just approved a bunch of new users. Don't usually have any waiting but I just approved about 20 new accounts.

Possibly all gluey but maybe some new blood.

I like my own company. Sometimes come on here and there's no-one else, it's nice. Quite, relaxing...

May not be perfect and perhaps not as lively as in the old days, but always visit at least a few times a day.
    Tend to get my football news off Twitter now. Used to be a couple on here with an inside track. That seems to have gone now unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    When this place was in its prime there was not much other options really and now there is and this place hasn't really upgraded over the years, compared to other sites this is years behind to use for the mechanics, i couldn't even log in using chrome with a mobile had to use edge so it will hardly encourage new posters who have much better options elsewhere imo
    I have no problem using Chrome on my mobile,tablet or laptop