+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never Noticed This Board So Quiet During The Football Season

Never Noticed This Board So Quiet During The Football Season

Shame

Maybe traffic across fans forums across all clubs is on the fall ?

Re: Never Noticed This Board So Quiet During The Football Season

Us oldies are a dying breed, the youngsters are all on twitter and stuff I haven't heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Us oldies are a dying breed, the youngsters are all on twitter and stuff I haven't heard of.
    It's like the Marie Cileste

It’s because we’ve run out of superlatives.

Got to admit, when it was running slow a few weeks back, I gave it a miss for a while. Maybe others did the same, and haven't come back?

This place is slowly dying, there's a hardcore that keeps it alive, Although saying that, for the best part, it's been difficult to have and opinion on the football because we still don't have a clue about the manager, which direction he's going to take us, as well as most of the players that have come in. It's really difficult to pin an opinion at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's like the Marie Cileste
    SS ****ing Titanic

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    SS ****ing Titanic
    They got a disco in there ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    This place is slowly dying, there's a hardcore that keeps it alive, Although saying that, for the best part, it's been difficult to have and opinion on the football because we still don't have a clue about the manager, which direction he's going to take us, as well as most of the players that have come in. It's really difficult to pin an opinion at the moment.
    It's not been helped by defectors and splitters

No bollocks

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Got to admit, when it was running slow a few weeks back, I gave it a miss for a while. Maybe others did the same, and haven't come back?
    That was a painful part of our history

Football chat used to be the sideshow, mixed in with everyone’s worldly knowledge. Now the boards are split, it’s highlighted it maybe more and only a few post on the other board with their crazy views…..

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's not been helped by defectors and splitters

No bollocks
    Suppose not. That other board is woeful. I thought that this place was repetitive.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Football chat used to be the sideshow, mixed in with everyone’s worldly knowledge. Now the boards are split, it’s highlighted it maybe more and only a few post on the other board with their crazy views…..
    Yeah, although in fairness to Mike, things used to get out of hand. Remember Feedback and Dr Tim Muff? going at it for 8 or 9 pages I didn't mind the old melting pot style, although there's loads of conspiracy stuff now as opposed to ideological stuff. That stuff is damaging in my opinion and i want no part of it.

Yeah, although in fairness to Mike, things used to get out of hand. Remember Feedback and Dr Tim Muff? going at it for 8 or 9 pages I didn't mind the old melting pot style, although there's loads of conspiracy stuff now as opposed to ideological stuff. That stuff is damaging in my opinion and i want no part of it.
    People were moaning about the Political / conspiracy stuff on the main board and we needed the crackpots away from the main forum

Blimey, even dml has virtually disappeared

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Blimey, even dml has virtually disappeared
    Quick! Tell us about the deficiencies in Ralls' game and dml will appear like a knight in shining armour.

Surely not even he can defend our home form.

Youngsters use X

Mike needs to sponsor a player again like he did Anthony Carrs that would bring them back

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Youngsters use X
    Should they be using U if unaccompanied?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Youngsters use X
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Should they be using U if unaccompanied?

Yungstirs caunt sspel goud inuff two cum on ere

Splitting the board was an error in my opinion. Couple that with the lack of genuine humour, and it’s a recipe for disaster.
    I can’t remember the last time I had a laugh out loud moment on here.
    We’ve lost some genuinely witty and knowledgable posters. Dr Lector, Ian Gibson, Steve R, UTSL are a few that spring to mind.
    Let’s face it. Supporting the City is never gonna be a bed of roses. We need to laugh, and laugh at ourselves most of the time.
    As a good friend of mine says about being a City fan “It’s the hope that kills you”
    The long winded threads that start off about the price of tomatoes in Asda, and ends in folk wanting to meet up for a square go, we’re terrific reading when you had nothing better to do.
    A thread would start off about mowing your grass, and it would end up as a Tory/Labour battle of wits. Brilliant!! Just avoid threads if they don’t interest you. Simple.
    I detest cricket and formula 1, so avoid those threads like the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Splitting the board was an error in my opinion. Couple that with the lack of genuine humour, and it’s a recipe for disaster.
    We’ve lost some genuinely witty and knowledgable posters. Dr Lector, Ian Gibson, Steve R, UTSL are a few that spring to mind.
    Let’s face it. Supporting the City is never gonna be a bed of roses. We need to laugh, and laugh at ourselves most of the time.
    As a good friend of mine says about being a City fan “It’s the hope that kills you”
    The long winded threads that start off about the price of tomatoes in Asda, and ends in folk wanting to meet up for a square go, we’re terrific reading when you had nothing better to do.
    A thread would start off about mowing your grass, and it would end up as a Tory/Labour battle of wits. Brilliant!! Just avoid threads if they don’t interest you. Simple.
    Agreed. I'll never forget the thread discussing this beauty in the Echo's readers' letters
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    Agreed. I'll never forget the thread discussing this beauty in the Echo's readers' letters
    jeff (1).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Anyone know what happened to Ian gibson? Was a fantastic poster absolutely hilarious, lecter and Steve are still about

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Anyone know what happened to Ian gibson? Was a fantastic poster absolutely hilarious, lecter and Steve are still about
    Don’t miss Lecter, defo a wrongun.
    That Stanty fella was an odd ball as well.