+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kick towards the canton first half Saturday?

Kick towards the canton first half Saturday?

Saw abbandanto suggesting this on twitter.

Why not?

No point sitting back and letting Wednesday settle in to the game so we can watch barry bannon spray passes around at a leisurely pace when they are 1 0 up only for us to have a late flourish which ends in nothing.

Got to go for it from minute 1. Switch it up a bit.

I feel the start is crucial. It's a funny one as both teams will be glad to playing each other. Great for us to play the only team who have lost all their games but Wednesday will be thinking if there's 1 place they'd want to go to reverse their fortunes then looking at our home record over the past few seasons it could only be us......

Re: Kick towards the canton first half Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post

Why not?

No point sitting back and letting Wednesday settle in to the game so we can watch barry bannon spray passes around at a leisurely pace when they are 1 0 up only for us to have a late flourish which ends in nothing.

I feel the start is crucial. It's a funny one as both teams will be glad to playing each other. Great for us to play the only team who have lost all their games but Wednesday will be thinking if there's 1 place they'd want to go to reverse their fortunes then looking at our home record over the past few seasons it could only be us......
    Ok Doog

I think we don't start games so poorly at Cardiff City Stadium because we're kicking towards the Grange End/Family Stand in the first half, we start games so badly because we seem scared to seize the initiative and because, almost always, our technique for those first twenty minutes or so in particular suffers in comparison to our opponents, no matter who we're playing.

On the other hand, we've got to a stage at home where anything is worth a try I suppose and, although I think the chances of it being some sort of miracle cure for our home woes are practically zero, why not do it as a one off which could then be repeated if we actually played well and won tomorrow. My own view though is that home teams should always look to play towards the end where their noisiest support is based in the second half if possible.

International

We're inconsistent and lacking in confidence and the players do get scared and feel the pressure playing at home.
    It might make a difference and is probably worth a try if we can take a lead at home and get the Canton behind us, we could just change the narrative. I think Bulut should have had enough time now to make an impact and the players should understand what he wants them to do, they will be scared to make a mistake because I think he will give them a real hard time if they give the ball away leading to a goal again.
    Two-nil win at last! (I hope)

If it worked would it be better to kick that way and try and get the home fans going for the Jacks too?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think we don't start games so poorly at Cardiff City Stadium because we're kicking towards the Grange End/Family Stand in the first half, we start games so badly because we seem scared to seize the initiative and because, almost always, our technique for those first twenty minutes or so in particular suffers in comparison to our opponents, no matter who we're playing.

On the other hand, we've got to a stage at home where anything is worth a try I suppose and, although I think the chances of it being some sort of miracle cure for our home woes are practically zero, why not do it as a one off which could then be repeated if we actually played well and won tomorrow. My own view though is that home teams should always look to play towards the end where their noisiest support is based in the second half if possible.
    No of course not but even bulut said about the psychological side. Anything is worth a go at this stage!

I think we should start with a bit more tempo in our play get into them and get that first goal a bit like malky's tactics.

Could it be that when the game starts and teams are looking for an advantage we just can’t control a match and only get the ball when teams drop off to defend their lead in last 20 - or is this initial surrender actually planned? I’d love to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post

Why not?

My Dad always used to say that we’d win if we played towards to Canton Stand (at NP) in the first half, although I’m quite sure that his comment wasn’t based on any empirical data.

He also used to say ‘we’ll see all the goals in the second half’ if we played towards the opposite end of the ground that we were sitting in, during the first half, something that I say to my boys now, and they say to me……. :-/

Kicking the ball towards the opposition's goal would be start.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Kicking the ball towards the opposition's goal would be start.

Stop arsing around at the back and try and score first instead of only going for it when we are 1 or 2 down.

Might be a crazy idea but the 18 year olds not singing themselves out in the concourse about Swansea being a shithole etc and saving their voices to get behind the team during the game would help

Quote Originally Posted by TheBirchgrovePub View Post
    Might be a crazy idea but the 18 year olds not singing themselves out in the concourse about Swansea being a shithole etc and saving their voices to get behind the team during the game would help
    Or maybe the old farts in the Ninian joining in with the Canton youth.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBirchgrovePub View Post
    I'm not knocking them or anyone but it is odd pre game is like a party style every game under the canton then when people go up to their seats its silence.

I know it's boring on the pitch and nothing to sing about but it doesn't stop them in the concourse?