+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What a Day that was

What a Day that was

10 years ago today was that our best performance in the prem league ?

Re: What a Day that was

Has to be. Was a bit cringe tho' when The Canton was doing the Poznan.

Quote Originally Posted by Culver Blue View Post
    I thought it was a good bit of banter myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Culver Blue View Post
    The poz was a shit celebration but perfect to extract the urine out of the mancs.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    10 years ago today was that our best performance in the prem league ?

I am sure it was the first season that a main USA TV channel were showing live games. The first live game was someone like Man Utd V Liverpool, but the game was a damp squib and viewers weren't that impressed by the product on offer.

The next live game was that Cardiff City V Man City game, and afterwards the American viewers were "like, hey you guys, lets see more of that Cardiff City soccer team, they are far more exciting!"

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    I am sure it was the first season that a main USA TV channel were showing live games. The first live game was someone like Man Utd V Liverpool, but the game was a damp squib and viewers weren't that impressed by the product on offer.

The next live game was that Cardiff City V Man City game, and afterwards the American viewers were "like, hey you guys, lets see more of that Cardiff City soccer team, they are far more exciting!"
    well during my trek around the west coast of USA recently no one i spoke to had heard of Cardiff city but they seemed to know all about Wrexham !

If they’d watched the next 10 years like us they’d all be on crystal meth

I was watching Glamorgan at Swansea.
    Was an interesting people watch as the goal updates from CCS filtered through.
    Well done the Bluebirds from the rugger types and more elderly locals.
    F..king ..... well, you know the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    The poz was a shit celebration but perfect to extract the urine out of the mancs.
    A great day. The Canton was swaying/bouncing/likely to need an inspection by a structural engineer after the goal celebrations. One of those days that reminds you why we trek up and down the country, often losing and watching crap football, and you think..."I was there". Makes it all worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    well during my trek around the west coast of USA recently no one i spoke to had heard of Cardiff city but they seemed to know all about Wrexham !
    Blimmin' glory hunters

A glorious day for Vincent Tan's Red and Blackbirds. Goals were scored, oriental dragons danced, the beermat badge was kissed, the red kit was lucky.

But not for long.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    A glorious day for Vincent Tan's Red and Blackbirds. Goals were scored, oriental dragons danced, the beermat badge was kissed, the red kit was lucky.

But not for long.

A saucer of milk for TLG 😂

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    If they’d watched the next 10 years like us they’d all be on crystal meth
    Who needs crystal meth, when we have a naturally occurring mogadon when watching the City.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

But not for long.

To be fair, looking at the pictures posted above, it looks like most of the people wearing red are those on the pitch and not in the stands.

To be fair, looking at the pictures posted above, it looks like most of the people wearing red are those on the pitch and not in the stands.
    The videos tell a different story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk55ISMkV1w

But we all know the truth. No point in trying to rewrite history a decade down the line.

Think how good the atmosphere would have been if swapped the family and canton stands.🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Think how good the atmosphere would have been if swapped the family and canton stands.��
    That REALLY should be a consideration for the club.....hope Bulut reads these boards....

Before the game there was a large walk in protest of the rebrand from the castle to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    That REALLY should be a consideration for the club.....hope Bulut reads these boards....
    It really shouldn't.