+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: RIP John Cross

RIP John Cross

Realise that nothing has been posted about this but long time Cardiff City fan, John Cross sadly passed away a couple of years back, during the pandemic. Sadly we only recently found out, as he wasn't the easiest person to keep in touch with when he was alive!

Many will recognise John as someone who was always around at every away game during the more difficult times, 80s/90s. He went some 20+ years or so without missing a game, I blame him for leading me onto the same stray path!

I think John was the classic example of to never judge a book by its cover. A genuine guy who whilst clearly had his issues, greeted all those who got to know him, with nothing but kindness.

Rest in peace John. It'll be my time to hit the 20 years mark in a week or so time, I'm sure you'd be proud, whilst reminding me that I had to start again because of COVID .

Re: RIP John Cross

I remember John from when I used to run the Supporters Club Travel, as you say, attended every game.

I even took him and 4 others to Bangor, to save them shelling out £80 on trains, for that replacement Welsh Cup Thingy.

A belated RIP John

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I remember John from when I used to run the Supporters Club Travel, as you say, attended every game.

I even took him and 4 others to Bangor, to save them shelling out £80 on trains, for that replacement Welsh Cup Thingy.

A belated RIP John
    Two of the others were Nugent (off the other board, come back Graham) and Eric Botchet ( another one who used to attend every game)
    That was £80 each they were going to spend !!!

It was more I knew people who knew him, but he was a regular at reserve games as well for years and so I came into contact with him now and again at them. It’s a shock to hear this about him and the circumstances of his passing.

RIP