+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Allsop off?

Allsop off?

Re: Allsop off?

Not a surprise

So his management forced the move because Alnwick replaced him. Off you go then, not wanted here.

This is great news. I thought Bulut’s claims about needing three goalkeepers were fanciful. If City can get any sort of a fee for Allsop they’ve worked miracles.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    So his management forced the move because Alnwick replaced him. Off you go then, not wanted here.
    I read it that he wanted to go a while ago, these Hull rumours have been around for ages. Either way, good news, Alnwick has made more good saves in 4 games than Allsop did all season.

Chatting to a Hull fan, he asked about him and I said he’s good with his feet but isn’t a great shot stopped.

His response, great we’ll have one keeper good with his feet and another who is a good shot stopper lol.

Unless he wants to move back to that part of the country for personal reasons, I find it baffling that he's the one forcing this move.

He was one of, if not the worst keeper in the league last year, both subjectively and statistically.

Absolutely great with his feet, but dogshit in almost every other facet of goalkeeping. Awful shotstopper, paper wrists, zero command of his box, and, if you're so inclined, rewatch his "organisation" of the wall for the free kick that lead to Swansea's winner last season. Absolute billy basics.

If it's as Bulut makes out - that he simply doesn't want to fight for his place - then he's doing us a favour.

Allsop is probably the best keeper we've ever had when he has the ball at his feet.

But he's probably the worst we've had since promotion from League 1, and I include Amos and others, at attempting to save shots and other basics of goalkeeping.

It has to be a good thing. He’s pretty poor. This ‘good with his feet’ line, what does that achieve? From what I’ve seen, passing around the keeper and back four can only result in calamity and usual results at best with the keeper hitting the ball long and no more accurately than the defender could have done in the first place.