+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Loan Watch

Loan Watch

Ojo and Davies both starting for Kortrijk against Standard Liege.
    Kortrijk have had a nightmare start to the season.

Re: Loan Watch

King played 77 mins for Morecambe.
    Denham and Tom Davies were unused subs up in Scotland.
    Zimba and Luthra both started for their new teams.

Our 'golden generation' scattered to the four corners. Thank goodness we've hung on to Colwill

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    King played 77 mins for Morecambe.
    Denham and Tom Davies were unused subs up in Scotland.
    Zimba and Luthra both started for their new teams.
    Disappointing for Davies and Denham.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Disappointing for Davies and Denham.
    Not sure either of them has played yet.

Isaac Davies has scored in the 24th min Vs Standard 1 -0 30 mins in

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    Isaac Davies has scored in the 24th min Vs Standard 1 -0 30 mins in
    https://x.com/kvkofficieel/status/16...ZQyp-iO2wYo4Kg

It's on IPTV in the Belgian channels, Ojo is rubbish btw

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    Good goal, seems like it’s just what he needs if he can keep this up.

good finish

If there’s such a thing as a typical Isaak Davies goal that’s it.

Yeeessss nice one Isaak

Finished up 1-1, I'd rather he was still with us, but, hopefully, goals like that will ensure Isaak is starting most weeks for Kortrijk.

What are people's general thoughts on Chanka Zimba? Asking as he's now at Maidenhead United, where I grew up and watch whenever I'm back. Didn't play well yesterday apparently and missed a good chance in the nil nil with Oxford City.
    Do those who watch a lot of the U-21 games think he's got a future with City?

Quote Originally Posted by CopenhagenBlue View Post
    What are people's general thoughts on Chanka Zimba? Asking as he's now at Maidenhead United, where I grew up and watch whenever I'm back. Didn't play well yesterday apparently and missed a good chance in the nil nil with Oxford City.
    I don't have to watch a lot of the U-21 games to tell you no.

Of our two best academy players of recent times, one is not able to get a consistent 10 minutes on the pitch and the other was shipped off to Belgium.

On Issak Davies he needs a full season of being a 90 mins first teamer, we missed the slot for him and Ruben and it shows.

I think he would actually suit Buluts system as an inside forward whereas O'Dowda doesn't.

Did. Ojo play yesterday?

Kipre scored for WBA

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Did. Ojo play yesterday?
    Yes, played the full 90.

Bagan helped Zulte Waregem win 5-0 yesterday.

No, I don’t think so. Two years ago, he was scoring almost every week for the under 21s and got a first team chance which didn’t go well for him. The decision to loan him out to League Two was probably the right one, but, whereas a young player being loaned out ideally should see them moving up the leagues gradually, Zimba has gone from top of League Two to mid/lower standard in the same league and then to a club which tends to be involved at the wrong end of the National League - he’s heading downwards and even if he makes a big impact at Maidenhead, I’d be surprised if City retain him if, as I believe, his contract is up at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No, I don’t think so. Two years ago, he was scoring almost every week for the under 21s and got a first team chance which didn’t go well for him. The decision to loan him out to League Two was probably the right one, but, whereas a young player being loaned out ideally should see them moving up the leagues gradually, Zimba has gone from top of League Two to mid/lower standard in the same league and then to a club which tends to be involved at the wrong end of the National League - he’s heading downwards and even if he makes a big impact at Maidenhead, I’d be surprised if City retain him if, as I believe, his contract is up at the end of the season.
    Thanks for the response Maidenhead's first goal is staying in the division, as the budget is generally one of the smallest. We've sold a few players on to league teams in recent years though, so definitely a good opportunity for players to develop there, Max Kilman, now at Wolves being the most notable. The physicality of the division is probably the main thing to overcome. My brother and dad (also City fans) have season tickets at Maidenhead, so I'll report back their opinions as they watch him.

No, he's not ever going to be a Championship player. He had a golden 6 months for the Development team playing between Keiron Evans and Isaak Davies. Evans is a world beater at that level. I was amazed when Zimba was given a 3 year contract on the back of it

Thanks for the response Maidenhead's first goal is staying in the division, as the budget is generally one of the smallest. We've sold a few players on to league teams in recent years though, so definitely a good opportunity for players to develop there, Max Kilman, now at Wolves being the most notable. The physicality of the division is probably the main thing to overcome. My brother and dad (also City fans) have season tickets at Maidenhead, so I'll report back their opinions as they watch him.
    Yes,it’ll be interesting to hear how he does there - I think from a City perspective he needs to score plenty of goals there tohave any sort of future with us.

I didn’t realise Max Kilman had played for Maidenhead - I think he’s an impressive player and the fact he can keep his place at a team like Wolves who tend to look at the foreign market as their first option says a lot.